It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

East Coast faces Gas Shortages After Pipeline Leak

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Do any of these places have gas?
GasBuddy

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I was listening to one news report out of florida and they were interviewing someone at one of the gas stations and that was the third gas station that they stopped at looking for gas... that station didn't have any either.
It's kind of hard to say that it's not gonna effect anyone if there is already people out driving around looking for gas.
and, I am sure you would think it was a bigger deal if you were the one the running your car near empty from station to station and coming up empty. not really sure why some are trying so hard to convince others it's nothing. while I agree it's probably no reason to go into panic mode, I have to admit, my gas tank has more gas in it tonight that it's used to having in it! strange thing though, while the gas prices in town have gone up some, I don't think the one I get my gas at (outside of the city) has risen their yet, and there really that many people filling up. I'm in virginia, so we won't be affect as soon as the southern states by what I hear.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I wasn't trying to imply that no one would be affected.

I was simply saying the headline is sensational, and the effect will be minimal and short-lived.

All gas stations will be back to normal next week. So in that sense, did the "East Coast" suffer a gas crisis? No.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

where did you read that it would be back to normal next week? all that I've read is that it would take at least a week to fix the problem. heck a good storm hitting the area could put that back some even
but then, after experiencing trying to drive out of my little neck of the woods when the creeks overflow their banks a couple of times, I've learned to make sure we have what we need to last at least a few days every time I hear a forecaste calling for strong storms now.

edit on 17-9-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I supplied sources early on in the thread.

The effect is being mitigated by several actions.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
the only one I can remember off hand is that they are increasing the number of hours drivers can stay on the road so they can truck more in... wonder how many truckloads of gasoline the pipeline brings to virginia every day...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

That and shipping vessels being redirected to the eastern coast. Trucks carry a lot, but seafaring vessels carry enough needed to keep the pumps flowing. They just need a day or 2 to reach the destination.

I'm pretty sure every affected area can find a gas station with gas.

OMG 1st world problems, I have to go to 7 gas stations to find one with gas...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

1973 all over again.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I filled up somewhere south of Rockingham NC and live about 16 miles south of Winston-Salem. I drive a hyundai and still have a little over half a tank and have a small toyota truck that has some in it and about 5 gallons in a can for the mower. I figure we should be fine until they get some trucked in from somewhere.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

1973 all over again.

Hehe, I wasn't born at that time and gas was $3 a barrel.

You might be onto something tho. Oil prices have been seeming to rise minisculey without ever going back to the previous low.

Maybe it's time to re-invest in oil.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It appears the stations being out of gas and long lines are hapening now. No one can say I didn't say it.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
It appears the stations being out of gas and long lines are hapening now. No one can say I didn't say it.

It appears you assumed and have no evidence to back that statement up.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Gov. Nikki Haley declared a state of emergency here in SC ahead of possible gas shortages.

While I was in town earlier today, gas prices had indeed gone up by 20 to 25 cents a gallon. I paid $1.99 per gallon at the pump today. Just a few days ago it was around $1.76 a gallon. I went ahead an topped off my tank.

$1.99? Here it went up about 30 cents it seems; I paid $2.39 a gal in middle Tennessee. I feel it was closer to $2 a couple weeks ago. In my town only the Walmart had gasoline yesterday morning (9-17) from what I was told haha. Tons of people lined up it was wild.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

OMG 1st world problems, I have to go to 7 gas stations to find one with gas...

Considering my town only has 3 stations..needing to go to 7 to finally find gas is actually a huge problem.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

1973 all over again.

More like 1984..

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Do any of these places have gas?
GasBuddy

Its sporadic, one min. some will have gas then everyone will run to them and drain them dry and hour latter.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Things seem to be normal in west TN. When filling up both of our cars, no lines, no price increases, no crazy people (they CAN get crazy around here!) or anything like that. Used one of my grocery store "points program" cards and actually got $0.40 OFF each gallon. So this appears to be purely a regional event?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

In response to my musings, there are now shortages of fuel on post.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join