It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please give us other international members a break from US politics.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Wahhh...whaaaa.... I want, I want. You do sound like a child throwing a tantrum to me. Last I checked, ATS has separate forums for separate topics. I suggest you stop whining and exercise your free will and simply do not engage in those discussions or enter those topics.

You want other topics? Then create the threads YOU want to see/read.discuss. ATS is made up of our collective thoughts, so share your passions and ignore the one's you do not care for.

It is really simple when you realize the world does not cater to you, it allows you to choose for yourself.

link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I'm in the US, and I have a strong interest in the election, but I'm sick of it too.

Post more puppy threads! More UFO's (heck, I did one today myself)!! ANYTHING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!

I feel your pain.

- AB

link   

OH! You are so much reading my mind!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Get out there and post about relevant stories from your corner of the globe! This is the internet, you make the content, its not made to order!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

The board does go through different cycles of what seems to be obsessed with people ,things and ideas . Awhile back it was where was Putin and then it was this Pokaman thing .But yea it is a tiring thing to look into .Just avoid those forums and subject matter . to click or not to click is the question .

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I agree with you in a sense - I'd be quite happy if the front page contained ancient history material, something to do with health or medicine, a philosophical post.or perhaps a conspiracy theory which doesn't include the name Clinton, or trump.

Fact is, this site is less of a conspiracy forum than it used to be. This is partly because of the ease of which we can access a large amount of information in seconds - most "conspiracies" are proven false very quickly these days.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

What's going on in your country?

I would to tell you but I am in France and so this would not concern many people here right now Tweets

I will wait and see how ATS goes from November and the following 12 months before eventually deciding coming back to post as an international member.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Wahhh...whaaaa.... I want, I want. You do sound like a child throwing a tantrum to me. Last I checked, ATS has separate forums for separate topics. I suggest you stop whining and exercise your free will and simply do not engage in those discussions or enter those topics.

You want other topics? Then create the threads YOU want to see/read.discuss. ATS is made up of our collective thoughts, so share your passions and ignore the one's you do not care for.

It is really simple when you realize the world does not cater to you, it allows you to choose for yourself.

Tolerance at its very best...

This is what ATS is becoming...

Sad

Respects

Lags

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Awww, does the truth hurt your feelings? You just confirmed my original response.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Sorry as an International member (Brit) I'm happy with all the talk on the US election and the claims of this and that because when it came to the EU referendum the Americans and other nations were all over us and over the internet and this site of how stupid we are and who we should and shouldn't be voting for or who was racist etc. so I'm happy to be involved and watch it all on here.

But as another person said, if you don't want to read about it then don't click on it. It's how I avoid the ridiculous "Mandela effect" ones that seem to populate the entire ATS forum lately, so yh since the EU thing was brought up almost constantly on this site and how we were making a mistake I think that it's time for the Americans to experience the same.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If you say so and this gives you an intellectual erection then be it so.

Bravo for enjoying yourself and have a marvellous day.

Warmest

Lags

a reply to: Krakatoa

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused
Well hell some of us Americans would like a break from it too.

So if we have to deal with it so do you.

Just another American checking in.... It's been a headache for me too. However its a better resource for me in my own opinion than the TV set.

But if we could not bring politics into EVERY thread, that'd be great by me.

-Alee

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
I appreciate and respect your stand BH.

Thank you. The feeling is mutual. I really do understand how sickening it can be.

I came to ATS 11 years ago to discuss politics. They have political forums for that reason. And, no doubt, their membership would suffer greatly if they removed those forums. I don't visit other Internet forums because the moderation here is the best on the Internet.

In that vein, I would suggest that if someone takes a thread off topic or brings politics into your thread, report it as off topic. It will get better when the election is over, but there will still be plenty of political talk in the politics forums.

You said you look at the "new" listings. Big mistake in my opinion.
Especially during "election season". I would suggest you go to "Forums" and pick your poison. I do apologize for us "junkies" during this season.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

Sorry as an International member (Brit) I'm happy with all the talk on the US election and the claims of this and that because when it came to the EU referendum the Americans and other nations were all over us and over the internet and this site of how stupid we are and who we should and shouldn't be voting for or who was racist etc. so I'm happy to be involved and watch it all on here.

But as another person said, if you don't want to read about it then don't click on it. It's how I avoid the ridiculous "Mandela effect" ones that seem to populate the entire ATS forum lately, so yh since the EU thing was brought up almost constantly on this site and how we were making a mistake I think that it's time for the Americans to experience the same.

Brit too but in France.

I understand where you are coming from mate...

Do you see us international members all over those certain members (same names usually) who post threads and whatnot about the US elections... not that much methinks... or have observed...

Anyways... Have you noticed that on the new topics page nearly everything (I say NEARLY) is overcome by what is happening concerning the US elections?

I want to read about NEW TOPICS on the rest of the world and what goes on as per the ATS intro which I will copy yet again below :

AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as conspiracies, UFO's, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of related topics on current events, politics, and government wrong-doing with poignant commentary from a diverse mix of users from all over the world.

... How can we go about doing that if we can only click on certain topic headers?

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

More childish whining from you I see. It really is simple you know. YOU have the power to control what YOU see and hear. That is part of being an adult....exercising that freedom of choice. I CHOOSE NOT to read/discuss religious tripe, but I do not go writing rant threads telling all the ATS members to stop discussing that stuff. It would not be right to do so, since others enjoy and are passionate about those subjects. I am not, but I will not demand others stop because of my own dislike of a topic.

And, there are more of those religious topics/discussions than U.S. politics I am sure. And the religious threads and discussion will not stop after the elections are over either.

Only children demand others cater to their whims, not adults. If you cannot understand that simple point, then I suggest you embrace adulthood and
complaining.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Dear "certain" US members...

I have been a little reluctant to post here for fear of one of my threads or posts being twisted around or being "polluted" by the US elections.

I have stopped posting for quite a while now under another name and am even getting quite tired of lurking as the same subjects seem to be coming up all the time... and this is becoming quite tedious...

US ELECTIONS and which canditate is sicker than the other... It is a sad state of affairs when it comes to which candidate is dying of whatever disease you care to make up or what this or that candidate did in the past etc... when you could be debating what each candidate has to offer to make your country and world politics better...?

I have noticed that "nearly"... NOT all every thread(s) that have been written here have had a member or certain members posting something (no matter how large the post... even if it is only a candidate name) about a US electoral candidate and their supposed weaknesses and trivial information and to be quite honest it is an upmost lack of respect to the original poster and his/hers work and research.

Please... give us international members a break...

Above Top Secret is not just about the US elections... there are political sites for people to whinge and whine and attack each others political choices...

PLEASE stop spamming up the pages of ATS for us international members that wanted to enjoy ATS for this :

AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as conspiracies, UFO's, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of related topics on current events, politics, and government wrong-doing with poignant commentary from a diverse mix of users from all over the world.

More here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you want to talk front page MSM sheeple news then Reddit is the place to go for all bots or shills.

Give us a break please and bring us back to what ATS used to be all about...

Please?

Thank you

Warmest respects

Lags

Ps. I expect to be flamed... go ahead, I really don't care anymore after reading so much of the same banter over and over again.

I am sick to death of it too. I come to ATS for an escape, and have to see headlines BREAKING.... Trump or Hillary..... I will say surprisingly there are more Trump supporters here than Clinton.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

More childish whining from you I see.

What a great judge of character you are... well done... you must be proud.

I will stop feeding you now.

Have a great day and go and be unsavoury to someone else on another forum.

This is the rant section, you did not have to click on it if it doesn't suit your way of thinking... just saying...

Practice what you preach dear member.

Now, lets get back to some civilized discussion here without people just being downright not nice to others.

Warmest

Lags (Or should I call myself the latest trendy word to sound cool... Snowflake?)
edit on 15-9-2016 by Lagomorphe because: Crap grammar

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Tolerance at its very best...

This is what ATS is becoming...

I TOTALLY agree with you here! I am saddened that ATS has become such a concentration of ill-mannered, intolerant, closed-minded, nasty people. And that, I could make a rant post about. But I try to ignore that, too, because there are some GEMS here. It's best not to respond to it. There's only so much we can expect from a non-exclusive "club". Mix religion and politics in there and you've got a real challenge.

Take care and hang in there!
edit on 9/15/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: Swills

Get out there and post about relevant stories from your corner of the globe! This is the internet, you make the content, its not made to order!

Yes,this is the internet as we now have it until the first of october.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Hanging in there BH..

Thanks for your words...

Warmest

Lags

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join