It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Please give us other international members a break from US politics.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Dear sir/madam,

In response to your post, I humbly submit that we will be unable to comply with your request at this time.

Thank you for voicing your concern with us. We will keep your request on file for 60 days at the initial time of your query.

Sincerely,

America.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Dear sir/madam,

In response to your post, I humbly submit that we will be unable to comply with your request at this time.

Thank you for voicing your concern with us. We will keep your request on file for 60 days at the initial time of your query.

Sincerely,

America.

That was wicked DB

Only 60 days?

Warmest respects

Lags

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hey OP, perhaps instead of going to the NEW threads page, you would be better off going to the LIVE feed instead. Last I checked, it was not "swamped" with U.S. political threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But then, it would mean you would have to take action and control your information diet yourself instead of expecting the world to feed it to you on a spoon.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Hey OP, perhaps instead of going to the NEW threads page, you would be better off going to the LIVE feed instead. Last I checked, it was not "swamped" with U.S. political threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But then, it would mean you would have to take action and control your information diet yourself instead of expecting the world to feed it to you on a spoon.

Thank you for this sound advice Krakatoa, I had overlooked this option. No issues sorting and I don't expect to be spoon fed...

Take it easy

Warmest

Lags

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

What puzzles me is how it is that mods quickly and rightly so point out that some thread (say, about some 9/11 conspiracy) is superfluous as "it was discussed (link)here(link), please continue the discussion there, thread closed" while they DO accept the same old trash about Clinton, Trump etc. to be restarted thread after thread.

Mods, please, help OP (and me) and let's simply set up four threads: "Arguments against Trump", "Arguments In favour of Trump", "Arguments against Clinton" and "Arguments in favour of Clinton". If some US sicko wants to feast on the (proposed) illness of either candidate (a strange pastime, methinks, but hey, I'm European), he/she should simply post that in at most two of these threads, but not be allowed to start yet another thread on it here, I say.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

What puzzles me is how it is that mods quickly and rightly so point out that some thread (say, about some 9/11 conspiracy) is superfluous as "it was discussed (link)here(link), please continue the discussion there, thread closed" while they DO accept the same old trash about Clinton, Trump etc. to be restarted thread after thread.

Mods, please, help OP (and me) and let's simply set up four threads: "Arguments against Trump", "Arguments In favour of Trump", "Arguments against Clinton" and "Arguments in favour of Clinton". If some US sicko wants to feast on the (proposed) illness of either candidate (a strange pastime, methinks, but hey, I'm European), he/she should simply post that in at most two of these threads, but not be allowed to start yet another thread on it here, I say.

Wishful thinking mate

Warmest regards

Lags

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If there was just an option to have the (-) back but not for complete subfora just for individual threads it would solve a lot of frustration for a lot of people.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

My corner of the globe is the US and I post many threads but my threads are just a drop in the bucket compared to the sea of conservative leaning threads that spam this forum nonstop.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
My corner of the globe is the US and I post many threads but my threads are just a drop in the bucket compared to the sea of conservative leaning threads that spam this forum nonstop.

When Bush was leaving it was heavily leaning to the left at the time.

"Change" slogans were all over members avatars, banners etc...

The political pendulum

edit on 15-9-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

this election has been a disaster in so many ways, americans are upset, but this election will affect people around the world.

from the dnc corrupting the primaries and blaming the Russians as a cover.

to the tools on npr and pbs pretending to be reporters while getting their talking points from the dnc.

these criminals have brought us failed states and incompetence that is destroying even Europe with migrants.

no one on this planet is immune to ww3 that Hillary's stupidity is unfortunately likely to bring, imo.

and her vice presidential candidate is just as scary.

unless your already dying or have a spaceship to leave this planet, this stupid election in the usa applies also to you too.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I hate to be the one to mention it, but it is NEVER going to stop. It will run fever pitch up to the election, then we'll be graced with one of these sicko individuals as a 'winner', then the aftermath (bit of a lull there but the losing side will claim their votes were switched) of the in between time to the inauguration, then all hell will break loose yet again no matter which one darkens the door of the Oval Office.

None of the political posters are going to quit any more than someone from Europe will stop watching soccer.

So consider this an opportunity - go back to your wine and three hour long gourmet meals of which we are all jealous, toast the Eiffel Tower, and do some research into some of the excellent archived threads on ATS, of which there are thousands; it may even give you an idea for a resurrected thread or two. All you have to do is try the search bar for your favorite topic. Isaac Koi alone has posted thousands of hours of reading about UFO topics (bonus - he's from the UK! And spells things your way!)

The US is apparently split about evenly between people who want a Trump in office (!), people who want a Hillary in office (!) and a tiny percentage who are sane, more or less (that would be me, naturally).

Last time this great a divide happened and went critical mass, we spent four years shooting each other, making more of that there 'hallowed ground' which is what we call blood soaked battlefields and piles upon piles of dead people.

The United States died a long time ago; the only resemblance between States now is geographical. It will never be solved until a genuinely great leader steps forward and actually overcomes the PTB, or the United part of States is dissolved and we split up into something more manageable and let either progress or devolution take its course.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
All these people whining about the political threads probably read every single one of them. It reminds me of the scene from Private Parts where they are discussing why people listen to Howard Stern:
    Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.

Pig Vomit: How can that be?

Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?

Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.

Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?

Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Oh I'm sure that was the case but if that horrible day comes and Trump is elected this forum will still be flooded with the same conservatives posting the same type of conservative threads, either bashing Clinton or praising Trump. I don't see that changing. I'm sure those left leaning posters from the Bush era are mostly long gone.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

They've converted to passive trump supporters after being disillusioned by hope and change. Not to worry soon you'll join the empire, resistance is futile.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I live in the US. I'm tired of it.

I blame the MSM.
The RNC.
The DNC.
And TPTB.

I fear four years from now it will be even worse.

If I may make a suggestion...post threads about non-politics topics.
If even one-third of active members posted one everyday we'd dilute the politics by a lot...IMHO!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
You weren't here when Bush was in office.

Trust me.

If Trump wins, the left will appear to be very vocal about their distaste.
Much as what happened when the current POTUS was inaugurated. The right became very vocal in their distaste...this will continue if Hillary wins.

To be honest, both sides right now are going out of their way to bash the other side...and promote their candidate.
Hence this thread appears.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: ColaTesla

I can understand that, but why are you reading of looking at them if you despise them so much? The forums are clearly labeled ( + symboled ) So if you're in, for example, the UFO forum, Or paranormal forum, which you like, How is it you're reading political posts?

The only way i can fathom that you would be seeing a political post is by actually going into a political forum and reading them, Which seems to me as slightly counter productive to your argument...

Nope.

I always go to the new topics page when coming to ATS to catch up with the latest of what is going about on the rest of the globe... so nothing counter productive about that?

Warmest

Lags

I've only read the 1st page of this thread, so this may have been mentioned. But when you look at a thread title in the "New Topics" section, it lists the forum the topic is in right below the title.

For example, the first thread on my "New Topics" page right now is "Donald Trump Jr Says Father Releasing Taxes Would Be A Distraction". Well right below the title, it also says "Political Mud-Pit". This lets me know that thread is in the "Political Mud-Pit" forum, which allows political mud-slinging. To say it nicely, that's the forum where you'll find the most controversial political stuff. The other political forums tend to have more civil discussions (and some threads get moved into the Mud Pit if they get too hectic).

Hopefully this can help you figure out which new threads to choose or avoid.
edit on 15-9-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
You weren't here when Bush was in office.

Trust me.

I was lurking for part of 2007 and joined later in the year. I remember all the cries of how liberal ATS had got, that the site was in the bag for Obama and why the moderators were allowing such a takeover.

Most of the posters blamed you if I recall correctly.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I have suggested only allowing members to post a thread once / month on political forums / topics.
All I got were crickets. It would be great to bring politics down to one part of the whole instead of the main focus of ATS.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

yeah... about time someone said it....and,what, there are still 2 months to go?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join