It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please give us other international members a break from US politics.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

First....the fact that you quoted Private Parts is amazing.....All of my stars

Second, this is so correct. The people who "can't stand _____ threads" probably know more about them than the people who post in them.

OP...I get it...I do I promise. The point does still stand that you can practice self-control and go to specific forums and hit those up. It's as simple as that

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero
First....the fact that you quoted Private Parts is amazing.....All of my stars

I've been a Stern fan since forever.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Lagomorphe

yeah... about time someone said it....and,what, there are still 2 months to go?

2 months and 8 years would be more precise....

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm American but can I be international on this? Lol. I'm sick of it as well. People arguing back and forth about something that really doesn't matter at all. Does anyone actually believe the government is ever going to take LESS money from you?

Can you honestly tell yourself that powerful people are going to give up any of their power over you because, why again? How about the fact that every American could vote for the same person but as long as it's based on the electoral college none of it matters at all if they choose different?

4 years from now it'll be the same dog and pony show all over again, your taxes will still go up, more of your freedoms will have flown out the window, and everyone will be back dividing and arguing amongst each other so as to make this possible again another 4 years down the line. Politics meet reality.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

you.....you're a good person

I admittedly only started listening in 97....so after Selena but the Jacki Chair was still filled by the Jokeman

lost touch briefly in early 2000 then got right back into it

That's why I LOVE History of HSS....could listen to early 90's and 80's as well

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
oops
edit on 15-9-2016 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero
you.....you're a good person

I admittedly only started listening in 97....so after Selena but the Jacki Chair was still filled by the Jokeman

If you look at my location you can tell I got Howard early on. So I have been listening since I was a kid.

He made me the man I am today. Effed up.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Most of the posters blamed you if I recall correctly.

Tsk......you shouldn't have reminded folks.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Tsk......you shouldn't have reminded folks.

Sorry. I think the stigma was finally wearing off after 8 years too.....

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I wonder if we could arrange to limit your posting to only political forums......bwa ahahahaahahaaahaa!!!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Awesome. I could be the dumbass that you always see heckling the candidates.

You just have to promise not to taze me.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I see the same thing. When i first joined ATS I could go on the index page and find at least 4-5 new INTERESTING topics to read and follow but the past few months its been old posts on there which have only been worsened by the US political posts.

I go on the live feed and find very little, the forums I look at have one maybe two new posts per day. Its NOT just down to the politics, something else has changed that means that there are so few new interesting posts!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well, you're welcome to check out any of my threads (granted, only 4 of them)! I've found interesting topics in the Literature, Movies, and Religion realms but very few seem to want to discuss the aforementioned topics

I'll see you in there (hopefully).

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I am as tired of election news as you are, but the fact is, if the majority of members here want to talk about the election, we get to do that. If you would like to discuss something else, by all means start threads on what interests you. There's nothing stopping you from doing that, is there? So rather than whine about what others post, contribute something different.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I can understand your annoyance, I skip those posts entirely myself. However, it seems as though it would be far easier to just fill the space with your own posts. Post things going on in your country, your little neck of the world, or things you feel more important. Maybe it will be of enough interest to others that it will take off and that will become the main focus of the posts on this site. These US political posts are prevalent because they are of interest to enough people who post here. Just start posting something that holds more interest than US politics and the problem will go away. It can't be that hard to find something of more value to post than US politics anyway, I'm sure you've noticed how low brow most US political discussions can be. I'm sure a lot of us would welcome more interesting posts, so get to it!!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Also, I noticed that when you hit 'new' posts that people are posting in the appropriate places. Yes it shows up on the 'new' list, but it isn't as though they are filling every single forum with US politics. I see US Political Madness, 2016 US Elections, and even Political Conspiracies. Seems as though the people who post about US politics are posting in the correct places. Should they just not post at all so it doesn't bother you, is that what you are suggesting?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I was on the radio with him in 1984. A caller but he actually called me back to continue the conversation after I'd hung up. It was a conversation about labor unions. I was talking to him for about five minutes altogether.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Hell yes....I've slowly started steering away from ATS since the other day EVERY.SINGLE.THREAD in the middle Live column was bloody Hillary or fricking Trump!!!!

The whole thing is a sham anyway, I'm surprised you guys even give a shiz.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaMaa
Also, I noticed that when you hit 'new' posts that people are posting in the appropriate places. Yes it shows up on the 'new' list, but it isn't as though they are filling every single forum with US politics. I see US Political Madness, 2016 US Elections, and even Political Conspiracies. Seems as though the people who post about US politics are posting in the correct places. Should they just not post at all so it doesn't bother you, is that what you are suggesting?

And those posts are jamming up what ATS used to be about.

Let me re-phrase please :

Im not saying stop all together with the US election topic, but PLEASE to certain posters, I kindly ask that they stop spamming out credible threads that have nothing to do with the US elections? OR at least come up with a logical discussion about both candidates instead of coming up with the same discussions that we have been witnessing here on the boards week after week since the US election campaign started.

But, unfortunately, some people just HAVE to feel the urge to mention a candidate name which completely destroys a non US election thread and ends up derailing quality discussion material.. Just have a poke around ATS and look...

I am not going to hand it to you on a plate (as some savoury people mentioned here that I was looking for) and provide examples, those with an open enough mind will find the threads quickly.

And for information to certain posters here on this thread :

The last time that I WHINED (I just love it when agressive posters attack the OP with this word... WHINE...)... I must admit I used it myself too in my first post so guilty as well... was when I could no longer breast feed... I am at an age of reason now and can take and hold constructive criticism.

I have bookmarked the NON US Election topics for further reading.

To a certain poster... I like my wine and agree with you as we have a vineyard (but not whine)... I and most of the French in general would never sit down for a 3 hour meal unless this was really needed (such as a wedding funeral etc...)

Don't know where you got that idea from? I have been here 27 years and have had a couple of long sit down meals but only on special family occasions.

About time you opened your blinkers in regards to Stereotypes if I may suggest?

Right, back on topic?

Warmest respects

Lags
edit on 16-9-2016 by Lagomorphe because: Crappest grammar in the world

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join