It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Mandela effect.... you've been successfully clicked baited

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
No one has proven why Luke I am your father line was removed.

Hard to remove something that never existed.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: jgarc028

most of the star wars fans have probably only seen the movie once, are more involved with the culture than the movie. main stream media is always miss quoting things, millions have actually or only remember the missed quoted quote, etc...

Before the change, I saw it at least 15 times.

And you remember it wrong, at least 15 times.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity
a reply to: reldra

Because the Multiverse Theory is still that for now: a theory. (a very good one though).

Because even if it's not a theory, but fact, the amount of energy to traverse from one universe to another would be huge...very, very huge.

Because: Why? Why would one's consciousness flit from one universe to another? Why is it such a random act?

Or rather: why is it pretty much universes where only trivial things for the most part are different?

Or why do we not have professionals in their fields not also make this journey? Why are there no map makers yelling about how the world has changed? Why are there no doctors/surgeons calling out how suddenly the human body is all wrong?

Why is does it always seem to be news articles? Movies? TV shows?

And lastly: Why does it always seem to be only recently that people are claiming this? At the same time that the internet provides those articles?

How many books have been written on this extraordinary thing from back in say....the 1960s?

Why would it take so much energy? Based on current theories, it would. But that is not necessarily true.

Map makers started yeling a long time ago. Much of it was that a map wasn't very good to put on a globe. Many countries expected to be smaller than the US were actually much larger. They were placed south. But why not North? The planet is not stationary.

Recently? The earliest is 2005. The phrase was coined in 2010.

I am orety sure people brough up map issues in the 1960s. Good question though, I will have to look for that.

I was born after the 1960s, so I will have to look further.

That would also speak to what is exactly causing this? A natural phenomenon of multi universes or something effexted by CERN or a combination of both. That could set a timeline.
edit on 11-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: jgarc028

most of the star wars fans have probably only seen the movie once, are more involved with the culture than the movie. main stream media is always miss quoting things, millions have actually or only remember the missed quoted quote, etc...

Before the change, I saw it at least 15 times.

And you remember it wrong, at least 15 times.

Ad hominem seems to be the only defense against ME believers so far.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

That and documented history in the form of recorded media.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
At abo ut 1 minute.

The mpas have been wrong for a long time. I remember Greenland being absolutely huge in school. It's not. Specific countries are drawn on top, but there really is no 'top'.
edit on 11-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
So if ME is real, then that must mean Déjà vu must be the realest experience, riiiiight.???

Déjà vu experiences that are unusually prolonged or frequent, or in association with other symptoms such as hallucinations, may be an indicator of neurological or psychiatric illness

Imagine a 10 minute long Déjà vu trip.

This ME seems so familiar....
edit on 11-9-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Deja-vu is when they make a change in the matrix man, didn't you know this?!?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
So if ME is real, then that must mean Déjà vu must be the realest experience, riiiiight.???

Déjà vu experiences that are unusually prolonged or frequent, or in association with other symptoms such as hallucinations, may be an indicator of neurological or psychiatric illness

I believe those are different.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Ok I've never seen Deja vu coupled with 'hallucinations' or psychiatric illness before.

And gee I wonder where that came from? DSM V? Golly I hope there's an expensive pill I can take for all those scary hallucinations and psychosis episodes I've been convinced I'm having.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

My point about how long ago is: we don't really hear too much of any people prior to the 2000s for ME.

If this is such a wide spread thing.....should of been happening to many people over centuries of time.

Would be interesting to see accounts of this (IE someone claiming that in Gone With The Wind, the famous phrase "Frankly my dear Scarlet, I don't give a damn!" was instead "Seriously my dear Scarlet, I don't give a damn!", things like that).

The same theories that you attribute ME to (mutliverses) are the same theories that also explain the amount of energy requirements to go between them. Adhering to one part of the theory, while discounting the rest of it, would be the same as saying that the formula for E=MC^2 is real....except you don't believe in the C part.

In the long run, it doesn't really mater. ME believers are the same as those who believe in religion. It's all based upon faith.

A person says that ME is real, there for it must be real, even with the utter lack of proof or any physical evidence.

The above statement is the exact same thing for the existence of God.

There is absolutely no proof of God's existence......and yet people believe, purely on faith alone.

Such is ME.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Both seem to be related to some sort of error occurring in the brain.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I am curious. How do doctors and scientists distinguish between "error" and function?

Does a function with no known purpose just become an error?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

You should rely less on your beliefs.

Let's apply occam's razor here. The simplest solution is usually correct. What is more likely, especially in regards to physics? You remembering something wrong, or you physically shifting to an entirely new dimension of reality.

I seriously hope common sense will dictate your answer.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I used the word error, because when something fails to be transcribed to memory its called a transcription error.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Ah yes. Occam's Razor. Trumps anything on the internet. Haven't seen that card pulled in a while.

Something doesn't gel with your worldview? Just slam down an Occam's to the table.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity

My point about how long ago is: we don't really hear too much of any people prior to the 2000s for ME.

If this is such a wide spread thing.....should of been happening to many people over centuries of time.

Would be interesting to see accounts of this (IE someone claiming that in Gone With The Wind, the famous phrase "Frankly my dear Scarlet, I don't give a damn!" was instead "Seriously my dear Scarlet, I don't give a damn!", things like that).

The same theories that you attribute ME to (mutliverses) are the same theories that also explain the amount of energy requirements to go between them. Adhering to one part of the theory, while discounting the rest of it, would be the same as saying that the formula for E=MC^2 is real....except you don't believe in the C part.

In the long run, it doesn't really mater. ME believers are the same as those who believe in religion. It's all based upon faith.

A person says that ME is real, there for it must be real, even with the utter lack of proof or any physical evidence.

The above statement is the exact same thing for the existence of God.

There is absolutely no proof of God's existence......and yet people believe, purely on faith alone.

Such is ME.

There are a lot of things being found, like the word 'stuff' apearing in bibles, even versions that would not put modern terms in.

It seems to be happening a lot more based on it -just happening a lot more- and people having easier access to information to compare. Or it is happening more.

No matter what the cause, people noticing has increased starting about 2010.

I doubt an error in the brain. People from all walks of life have started to notice this. Even 1 or 2 threads on ATS where absolute anti-ME people here saw that there was a change.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

You should rely less on your beliefs.

Let's apply occam's razor here. The simplest solution is usually correct. What is more likely, especially in regards to physics? You remembering something wrong, or you physically shifting to an entirely new dimension of reality.

I seriously hope common sense will dictate your answer.

Actual physics would be the simplest answer.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Hey, maybe it's the wine talking but..

What if it's all due to that Ancient Mayan "world as you know it will change" thang?

mmmm wineeeee

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Hey, maybe it's the wine talking but..

What if it's all due to that Ancient Mayan "world as you know it will change" thang?

mmmm wineeeee

No, this has nothing to do with the Mayans.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join