It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Mandela effect.... you've been successfully clicked baited

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
*mods please move to correct area if this post does not fit in this category"

yes your memory is a very powerful thing, yes i remember things differently that the way they are. but don't forget the power of implanted or false memories, no i'm not talking about government conspiracies to make you believe one thing or another. for example i once saw on the internet years and years ago "these 10 celebrities died and no one knew, number 2 will shock you" on the picture to the post was Don Knotts. i never clicked the post but thought "oh he finally died" then years later i remember looking him up and realizing he was still alive...

the Mandela Effect right? i know for a fact i saw that post, i know i thought he was dead... but now he isn't, how is this explained? yes my memory of it is real, that is undeniable to me, however true my memory was, it was a true memory of false information. had i bothered to clicked that link he probably wouldn't even be mentioned. its click bait, like the kind we have here on ATS... i see one that says "15 athletes that went broke, number 7 will shock you" and guess what the meme it has... Micheal Jordan crying. wow Micheal Jordan went broke? wrong again he is widely regarded as the richest athlete in the world. if i didn't not know this and only saw the link years later i could say WTF "micheal Jordan is the richest athlete? i saw he went broke"

i think a lot of the Mandela Effect is of people's "true memories" of false information. Billy Graham died in the mid 2000s right? but i remember the funeral on TV and those that spoke. hmm have you ever looked to see if billy graham is dead or his history or wiki him? most would say no, i know he died in the mid 2000s and i saw his funeral and i remember it well. you know else died in the mid 2000s that had huge coverage and was all over the TV...Reagan, are you sure it wasn't him and you got the two confused?

you have a memory of billy graham dying in the mid 2000s, Reagan died and had a huge funeral, you remember a huge big deal funeral. well put two and two together and it must have been the funeral for billy graham right? but you also remember Reagan's funeral as well because that is a true event that happened... validation that billy graham died in the mid 2000s and your remembrance of Reagan's funeral only further conveniences you of two separate events occurring where one could not have influenced the other.

im almost sure most of the Mandela Effect is nothing more than "true memories" associated with false information.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
No one has proven why Luke I am your father line was removed.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
that still doesn't explain how millions of people all remember something false.
i mean it seems silly to ask, but can we all really be that stupid to not remember something.
how is it when people don't try to remember where there friends put their keys last week, but last week i seen them in a place and recall exactly where it was. just an example.
or how star wars fanatics can get such a iconic line of their favorite movie wrong.
your theory does seem plausible, but just not on such a massive scale. just how..... My father owned a ford my entire life, ive seen the symbol a billion times, why does it only now seem different to me and seem completely wrong..

just a couple cents..

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jgarc028

I don't pay attention to those tyoe of lists. Of course I check facts for different MEs. Real facts. Most that study this are doing research for 'residuals'.

This began for me way before memes and listicals like that.

And this belongs in Skunk Works.
edit on 11-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: pimptriggs
that still doesn't explain how millions of people all remember something false.
i mean it seems silly to ask, but can we all really be that stupid to not remember something.
how is it when people don't try to remember where there friends put their keys last week, but last week i seen them in a place and recall exactly where it was. just an example.
or how star wars fanatics can get such a iconic line of their favorite movie wrong.
your theory does seem plausible, but just not on such a massive scale. just how..... My father owned a ford my entire life, ive seen the symbol a billion times, why does it only now seem different to me and seem completely wrong..

just a couple cents..

We are all not that stupid, true. A few may be defects in memory, but not all. I am surprised by the people that still state it is all faulty memory. I have a 162 IQ, first time tested 160. ( I hate posting that, it normally attracts odd responses). It doesn't mean that I am incredibly smart. It does mean that I remember things faster and have more storage space to keep it.

That is one of the reasons I reject 'faulty memory' or planted misinformation in regard to things I don't read.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
most of the star wars fans have probably only seen the movie once, are more involved with the culture than the movie. main stream media is always miss quoting things, millions have actually or only remember the missed quoted quote, etc...

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jgarc028

originally posted by: luciferslight
most of the star wars fans have probably only seen the movie once, are more involved with the culture than the movie. main stream media is always miss quoting things, millions have actually or only remember the missed quoted quote, etc...

Before the change, I saw it at least 15 times.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I posted the Forrest Gump scene on here that has the correct wording with 'is' rather than 'was'. That is a residual. Someone tried to change it or it changed due to some other operation. But it changed. The question shouldn't be about memes or lysticals, but the memory as ompared to the current version and the residual version, if found.

ATS 'Life IS'

9:06 in the video in the link

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I've seen the original trilogy dozens and dozens of times in my life, and still make it a point to revisit it at least once a year. I've skipped skool just to have trilogy marathons.

I never remember, "Luke, I am your father."

To me it was always, "No. I am your father!"

I think the ME phenomenon is real and kooky, but yeah that one never registered with me as being a Mandela event. It makes me sympathize with the dyed-in-the-wool skeptics.

edit on 11-9-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The Mandela Effect can be described by the following characteristics:

1) Many people who share the same improperly coded or outright corrupted memories
2) Who would rather believe they are from an alternate timeline than accept any of the myriad real-world, present-reality explanations that they haven't even bothered trying to rule out.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I've seen the original trilogy dozens and dozens of times in my life, and still make it a point to revisit it at least once a year.

I never remember, "Luke, I am your father."

To me it was always, "No. I am your father!"

That is sort of the point. You remember one and I don't doubt that is what you heard and saw. So many others heard something else. People that are too old to be effected by memes and have seen the movie too many times.

With the recent new discoveries in quantum theory I have no idea why anyone would doubt this as a phenomenon.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

1) Many people who share the same improperly coded or outright corrupted memories
2) Who would rather believe they are from an alternate timeline than accept any of the myriad real-world, present-reality explanations that they haven't even bothered trying to rule out.

Look through them. There are hundreds. When you find one that you know, in regard to your reality is incorrect, then you will understand.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

With the recent new discoveries in quantum theory I have no idea why anyone would doubt this as a phenomenon.

This may be the only time I've ever agreed with you, but you nailed it! Brava.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

This may be the only time I've ever agreed with you, but you nailed it! Brava.

Ty
It is the logical answer.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

There are many things yet to be discovered and understood.

Is this true or false?

All mysteries should start here before being tossed out--openness.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

No, you mean to say any timeline other than yours.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I blame Tommy Boy.

BillyJack853 months ago
Farley = 1

Mandela = 0

edit on 11-9-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Yes, any time that quote is spoofed or alluded to...it needs the "Luke" part, or it won't be entirely understood or effective.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Because the Multiverse Theory is still that for now: a theory. (a very good one though).

Because even if it's not a theory, but fact, the amount of energy to traverse from one universe to another would be huge...very, very huge.

Because: Why? Why would one's consciousness flit from one universe to another? Why is it such a random act?

Or rather: why is it pretty much universes where only trivial things for the most part are different?

Or why do we not have professionals in their fields not also make this journey? Why are there no map makers yelling about how the world has changed? Why are there no doctors/surgeons calling out how suddenly the human body is all wrong?

Why is does it always seem to be news articles? Movies? TV shows?

And lastly: Why does it always seem to be only recently that people are claiming this? At the same time that the internet provides those articles?

How many books have been written on this extraordinary thing from back in say....the 1960s?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

There are many things yet to be discovered and understood.

Is this true or false?

All mysteries should start here before being tossed out--openness.

That is true.

This particular topic seems to make a lot of people uncomfortable. The mandela.com website experienced 2 huge DDOS attacks in the last month. Some archives were lost. The owner mirrored it to stop any further loss.

I am not saying government attacks, I first thought just of everyday people that can do DDOS attacks and were made to feel unconfortable. Some of the MEs can be jarring to some.

The site can be read for this information.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join