It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Mandela effect.... you've been successfully clicked baited

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BoxFulder
I bought an album (LP) of Tommy round about 1980.
There were several tracks which were not right, awful, actually, compared to the original. Fortunately, they got it right on the CD I purchased a few years ago.

Bad "remasters" do not an ME make. I knew they did it wrong in 1980. I guess they did too.

edit on 9/12/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Haha.. Its not that the topic is uncomfortable.
It is because it is so hilariously stupid - that it is a troll magnet.
Gullible and "stupid" people on the Internet are PERFECT troll-bait.
DDOS attacks is well in within the range of Trolling nowadays, with kids having Tails OS on their laptops, and using pre-made scripts to do anything they need.

(Its as simple as Installing Tails (Tails masks your computer making it Untracable), connect to your VPN, open Terminal; type in ./runscript.sh)

So no. We dont think this topic is "uncomfortable". Its simply hilarious to us. To watch people be so full of themselves and with such infallible memory - to dive so deep into confirmation bias and memory conformity - and to reassure eachother they are "not alone" and "it is real".
Lol..

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Looney Tunes (not toons)
Tiny Toons (not tunes)

... Tiny Toons was a sequel?? of sorts I believe.

If this "Mandela effect" is real, something was lost on Looney Toons/Tunes.

Why would they call one toons and the other tunes?

Meh, just throwing it out there as I think a lot of people think it was Looney Toons.
edit on 12-9-2016 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: reldra

No matter what the cause, people noticing has increased starting about 2010.

Hey, maybe it's the wine talking but..

What if it's all due to that Ancient Mayan "world as you know it will change" thang?

mmmm wineeeee

NO it's all the fault of CERN - tearing open space and creating black holes.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
Meh, just throwing it out there as I think a lot of people think it was Looney Toons.

It was Merry Melodies and Looney Tunes.

We remember Looney Toons because we refer to cartoon characters as toons and it's easier for our brains to process.

As explained in my other thread every ME I'm aware of can be easily explained.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I have a 162 IQ, first time tested 160. ( I hate posting that, it normally attracts odd responses). It doesn't mean that I am incredibly smart. It does mean that I remember things faster and have more storage space to keep it.

That is one of the reasons I reject 'faulty memory' or planted misinformation in regard to things I don't read.

Higher IQ would probably lead you to be more susceptible to having the Mandela Effect.
As stated in my other thread this is due to how the brain works, using shortcuts etc. Having a higher IQ would mean that you process things quicker.

You beat me by 37 IQ points and you still experience the effect(as do I). It would be interesting to test however. I would think that low level IQ people wouldn't process as quickly and probably would be less likely to utilise the shortcuts that lead to this situation.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

Because its better to think one is a special time line jumper than admit humans as a whole have flawed memories manipulated by the same mass media and parody movies / skits / shows. And that is with ignoring the fact people self medicate.......

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The reason ppl confuse "Luke , I am your father" is confusing/combining the darth baser line with the obi-wan line "Luke, use the force". 2 iconic lines rolled into one, ME SOLVED!

a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I would say a high IQ with an addiction to pop culture. As pointed out, very few science based examples of ME. Geographic examples of ME linked to confusion with board game maps like Risk.

I also have never seen a person claiming ME also claim having a photographic memory?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

I've seen that. But photographic memory is irrelevant to the situation.
Someone with a photographic memory doesn't have a different brain, just a more effective one.
Once again they may be even more susceptible.

Culture definitely impacts it.
No one with the last name Berenstain is claiming it was Berenstein.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

But actual physicists are putting forth evidence

Citation needed.

No physisist anywhere has put forth evidence of ME.

The closest any physicist would come to broaching any of this nonsense would be as follows:
1) The probability distributions inherent in wave functions within quantum mechanics have led some to the presently unfalsifiable conclusion that it's POSSIBLE that the "many-worlds" theory is true. The problem, of course, is that it cannot be proven or falsified, at least not now and possibly not ever.
2) String theory predicts tiny extra-spatial dimensions, smaller than an atom, rolled up in the fabric of the universe. These are NOT alternate realities. These are extra spatial dimensions too small for anyone to see. And they have not been proven to exist.

And I reiterate: The above examples from theoretical physics are a FAR CRY from, "Hey, I just realized I'm wrong about a whole bunch of stuff, and a lot of other people are too, so we must all be from an alternate reality."

That requires a bizarre leap of faith well beyond ANYTHING in theoretical physics.
edit on 12-9-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
The Mandela Effect can be described by the following characteristics:

1) Many people who share the same improperly coded or outright corrupted memories
2) Who would rather believe they are from an alternate timeline than accept any of the myriad real-world, present-reality explanations that they haven't even bothered trying to rule out.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Look through them. There are hundreds. When you find one that you know, in regard to your reality is incorrect, then you will understand.

So when I stumble upon one that I "know, in regard to my reality, is incorrect," I will abandon all the real-world, present-reality explanations (many of which call into question my ability to trust my own mind) and just go ahead and start believing in unfalsifiable fairy tales about timeline jumping.

No thanks.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I always thought this was interesting if it's a real Berenstain interview.
www.nationalpost.com.../arts/its-berenstain-like-coffee-stain-or-jello-stain-one-berenstain-bears-auth or-rejects-parallel-universe-theory

Thought this was interesting too.
www.rechargebiomedical.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I barely remember it at all. But yeah, just thought id mention it.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy
Yeah, I grew up on those cartoons. Watched them constantly and freaked out when I was told that it was actually Looney Tunes.

However upon closer inspection it's easily explainable and Looney Tunes makes perfect sense when you mix it with Merrie Melodies.

I'm yet to see an example of a ME where what we remember is more complicated or harder to remember than what is actually there.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Did the evidence ever arrive? lulz

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

Tiny Toons was intended to be a Cartoon for kids, while Looney Tunes has bizarre and crazy old school music and adult humor, that was also intended to be for adults.

Considering all the crazy instrument pieces, calling it 'tunes' doesn't not make sense to me.
Dum-Dun-Da-dun-da, dun-dun-dun Da-da-da-
Dum-dum-dum-dum-de-dummmmmmmm
Tha-tha-tha-that's all folks!
edit on 12-9-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
trying to inject a little empirical evidence... on the berenstein..berenstain and mcentire mcintyre issue. I went to ebay and looked up reba vinyl records, and childrens bear books... the yield was only mcentire, on the pic of the vinyl album cover, and the berenstein bears search immediately yielded book and magazine covers that showed berenstain as authors and title.
So i am not sure the issue is resolved by labeling it click bait.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkstar57
trying to inject a little empirical evidence... on the berenstein..berenstain and mcentire mcintyre issue. I went to ebay and looked up reba vinyl records, and childrens bear books... the yield was only mcentire, on the pic of the vinyl album cover, and the berenstein bears search immediately yielded book and magazine covers that showed berenstain as authors and title.
So i am not sure the issue is resolved by labeling it click bait.

What theory do you propose this evidence supports?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Doesn't explain why the voice actor proclaimed that line "Luke I am your father" in an interview.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join