It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Third term? (its actually possible)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once. - AMENDMENT XXII, Passed by Congress March 21, 1947. Ratified February 27, 1951.

In the wake of George W. Bush's first electoral victory, detractors have focused on possible illegalities, mostly involving voting violations that any incompetent needs in order to succeed. Perhaps all of this hoopla makes people feel better but they are getting caught up in the furor of the moment and losing sight of the true significance of this election. It will be, perhaps, a mystery as to why Mr. Bush won his first term as an elected president; but people were maybe happy that a third term could not be had. And. . .

This is it folks. Those who figured, after this election, we would be rid of George W. Bush might want to think again. They are wrong: a third term can be had. The XXII Amendment is quite clear on this. George W. Bush has only been elected to the Presidency once. His first term he was appointed, not elected. And, during his first term, he was not sitting during part of some other President's term of office.

www.altpr.org...

I found this article and it fits in nicely with the new world order. Bush has found a loop hole, so to speak, in the XXII Amendment that he could exploit, if he wanted to. He could use this to become the main figure for the new world order movement in the United States.

At first, i thought it was not possible, but if Bush DID try and pull this off, i could see a mass uprise in the States. The country is already split at the moment and half the country does not really back him. Anyways, we will have to keep an eye on this to see if Bush does try a third term.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Absolutely ridiculous. He was elected by the electoral college twice, the only count that matters. Whoever wrote the article you link to has no brain or knowledge of the U.S. constitution.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
THat areticle is wrong. Max you can serve as president is 10 years if Im not mistaken. He can't seek a 3rd term.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
interesting fox poll

www.foxnews.com...

Well, the first post link, is the only source i can find on the matter. I think, Bush could amend the XXII amendment to allow him to have a third term, but i doubt America as a whole would want that.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Amendment XXII - Presidential term limits. Ratified 2/27/1951.

1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President, when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.

So theoretically even if he wasn't elected twice, he still wouldn't be able to run again since he would have acted as President for more than two years in the first term without having been elected.

Why do people keep spreading lies and hatemongering about this nice man? I just can't understand it!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Why do people keep spreading lies and hatemongering about this nice man? I just can't understand it!

I dont know, ask the person who wrote the article,
"nice" man?? he is probably one of the main figures of the new world order and was apart of a staged attack on America. Yes, he is a nice man...

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I wonder...could he delay calling an election because of war? If so, for how long?

According to the 22nd amendment - if Bush should die while in office with two years or less to go in his term, Cheney would take over, and technically could still then run for 2 terms, giving a total of 10 years in office. (Not that he would as I don't think his health would permit.)

F**k, that is a scary thought.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The Bush elitists will call it an amendment, i will call it dictatorship.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Yup...he's as nice as Saddam Hussein, Slobodan Milosovic, Idi Amin and Adolf Hitler.

He's out for himself and all his rich and powerful buddies. No more, no less.

Don't forget, he will eventually inherit Daddy's fortune from the Carlyle Group. War is good for Carlyle. War is good for Cheney and Halliburton.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
A "staged attack on America?" Eh, boy....

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Bush could amend the XXII amendment to allow him to have a third term, but i doubt America as a whole would want that.

No Bush can't. Only the state legislatures can. So no worries, at least nothing so far, because the country is spilt even and hell would have to freeze over because we amend the amendment.

Surf

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
AWESOME !!!

Where do I sign up to help make this happen ?

I'm sure he's aware of it, but I might just write him a letter to make sure he knows..

8 more years.. 8 more years.. 8 more years....

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
"His first term he was appointed, not elected"

what the hell does this mean???

he was appointed???

we had an election correct???

we picked him...

isn't this called an election???

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
infinite says:

" I think, Bush could amend the XXII amendment to allow him to have a third term, but i doubt America as a whole would want that.
"

I started to laugh hysterically at your comment, until I realized that you're not an American, so you can't be expected to understand how the Constitution of the United States works and how and where and when it can be changed.

You need to realize, though, that there are quite a few Americans here.

Don't try to explain the Constitution to us, especially when you're wrong.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Broadsword20068

Took the words outta my mouth... I like how people on this board state things as fact, I have read several threads where it says, Well we all know bush did 9/11 its a fact , LOL..

I cant stand Bush either, and prayed he wouldnt be re-elected, but please please people. Take your meds

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio

Originally posted by Broadsword20068

Took the words outta my mouth... I like how people on this board state things as fact, I have read several threads where it says, Well we all know bush did 9/11 its a fact , LOL..

I cant stand Bush either, and prayed he wouldnt be re-elected, but please please people. Take your meds

You should take your meds and open your eyes. The evidence is clear as day a to why this would benefit him, his administration and the NWO which is Father spoke so highly of.

As for evidence of prior knowledge, we could go on for hours with the documents that are out there. But I will just make it easy. www.infowars.com...

Do some research, and understand what we are dealing with. I cant see how you would be posting in the NWO section and not understand how apparent it is that 9/11 was a breaking point for the NWO's take over of America to turn us over to the UN eventually so a One World Government can emerge.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I am sick of all the Bush bashing. He has inspired me to do great things. I mean I was an alcoholic womanizing illegal activity partaker with a "C" average in University and so was George. If George can become Prez so can this avergage Canuck become Prime Minister.
Anyways it doesn't matter cause after Bush is finished with his term in office. Arnold Schwartzeneggar will become prez after the constitution is ammended. After Arnold is finished the stem cell research / cloning science will have been perfected and a brand new cloned Ronald Reagan will become Prez again.
Life is looking up!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Yeah, personally I don't think Bush is a good president at all, though I will admit to not having access to enough information to be able to verify it. I mean, who knows what information he has access to, all I know is it's more that I. From what I've seen it's possible that he planned 9/11 but it's barely even circumstantial, possible, but there's no way anyone can call it fact.

And a 3rd term? Come on, that's stretching things a little far...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
If George can become Prez so can this avergage Canuck become Prime Minister.

No you can't. Not if I have a vote and a voice.

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Arnold Schwartzeneggar will become prez after the constitution is ammended.

Oh god the movie Demolition man comming to life!!! AHHHHHHHH

NO PREZINATOR!! NEVER!!!
www.arnoldexposed.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
what about during martial law...cant the consititution be temporarly voided for the duration of martial law? if that is true then cant Bush have his second term extended instead of having a third one?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join