It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Third term? (its actually possible)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
it's so unfortunate how so many of you, when bush finishes these next 4 years and just leaves office normally, will still try to call it a conspiracy of some sort. poor deluded souls that continue to live off of unfounded crap. believe it if you want.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by junxed
what about during martial law...cant the consititution be temporarly voided for the duration of martial law? if that is true then cant Bush have his second term extended instead of having a third one?

There is nothing that says it can. The Writ of Habeous Corpus can be suspended during times if rebellion or invasion where public safety may require it. I think that even the constitutional act of suspending the Writ of Habeous Corpus would have some people using the second amendment for what it was written for.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I found this article and it fits in nicely with the new world order. Bush has found a loop hole, so to speak, in the XXII Amendment that he could exploit, if he wanted to. He could use this to become the main figure for the new world order movement in the United States.

I can completely empathize with where you're coming from, because about 5 or 6 years ago I believed the exact same thing was going to happen. It didn't Clinton did trash the White House when he left, but he did leave. I can assure you Bush will, as well. If I'm wrong, ATS should put that paranoia-o-meter back at the top of the site and just keep it at "running for the hills", because I know I will be!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The Bush elitists will call it an amendment, i will call it dictatorship.

Actually dg they can do it but it will no by GW staying another term it will by Jeff bush taking over after GW, see they can control the government without looking like a take over dictatorship if they have regular elections but keeping it in the family

See 8 yeas of GW, and 8 of JW and after that the country will be theirs.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Maybe he gets a third term, but he still has to dodge Tecumseh's curse. I wonder if he is even aware of the curse that's hanging over his head.

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Maybe he gets a third term, but he still has to dodge Tecumseh's curse. I wonder if he is even aware of the curse that's hanging over his head.

Peace

make us aware of it, for democracy's sake.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

interesting fox poll

www.foxnews.com...

Well, the first post link, is the only source i can find on the matter. I think, Bush could amend the XXII amendment

Bush cannot ammend and ammendments or the constitution, only a super majority of congress can make pass ammendments. They'd probably just strike down the 22nd if they wanted to remove presidential term limits.

Ironically, it was proposed, I think , but republicans, upset that FDR had been re-elected so many times. Of course it required something like 75 percent to be passed.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hillarious! This will NEVER happen. They tried to allow Bill Clinton a third term, and if he didn't get it there's no way in hell the US is going to give it to Bush.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

interesting fox poll

www.foxnews.com...

Well, the first post link, is the only source i can find on the matter. I think, Bush could amend the XXII amendment

Bush cannot ammend and ammendments or the constitution, only a super majority of congress can make pass ammendments. They'd probably just strike down the 22nd if they wanted to remove presidential term limits.

Nygdan this is only partly true. It takes 2/3's of congress or 2/3 of the states to propose an amendment. It only becomes an amendment after 3/4 of all the states pass it. The president has absolutely nothing, I repeat, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the amendment process, he does not even have to sign it, he cannot even veto it. So basically there is no way possible for Bush to amend the Constitution.

Article V

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, or, on the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the legislatures of three fourths of the several states, or by conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other mode of ratification may be proposed by the Congress; provided that no amendment which may be made prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any manner affect the first and fourth clauses in the ninth section of the first article; and that no state, without its consent, shall be deprived of its equal suffrage in the Senate.

[edit on 26/1/05 by Skibum]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

Peace

The Zero Year Curse. Every Prez that has been elected during an election year ending in Zero dies in office, or is assasinated.

Bush first was elected in 2000.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and a bottle of champagne on ice....

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You say you want a revolution..well you know....

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
PRESIDENTS ELECTED IN "0" YEARS

For years people whispered that U.S. presidents elected in years ending with "0" were doomed to die in office. From 1840 through 1960, every president elected in the 20-year cycle died while he was still president. (Some called this "The Curse of Tecumseh" after the Shawnee chieftan whose brother allegedly predicted the presidential doom in 1836.)

Ronald Reagan finally broke the "curse" by serving two full terms as president before stepping down in 1989 -- though he had to survive a 1981 assassination attempt to do so.

Here's the full roll call of 0-year presidents through Reagan:

1800: THOMAS JEFFERSON served two full terms, 1801-1809.

1820: JAMES MONROE served two full terms, 1817-1825.

1840: WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON was 68 years old when he delivered his inaugural address on March 3, 1841. The speech was a stemwinder, lasting an hour and 40 minutes in frigid weather, with Harrison refusing to wear a coat or hat. The new president came down with a cold which rapidly developed into pneumonia. Harrison was bedridden for a month and finally died on April 4.

1860: ABRAHAM LINCOLN was just beginning his second term when he was shot by John Wilkes Booth at Ford's Theater in Washington, D.C. on the evening of April 14, 1865. Lincoln survived the night but died the next morning at a house across the street from the theater. Lincoln's death came only six days after the surrender of Robert E. Lee at Appomattox and the end of the Civil War.

1880: JAMES GARFIELD was shot by assassin Charles Guiteau on July 2, 1881 in a Washington railway station. The shots were not immediately fatal; Garfield lived for two months before dying from complications on September 19th.

1900: WILLIAM McKINLEY was elected in 1896 and re-elected in 1900. He was attending the Pan American Exposition in Buffalo, New York when he was shot by unemployed millworker Leon Czolgosz on September 6, 1901. He died a week later as a result of gangrene caused by the bullet wounds. (McKinley was replaced by Theodore Roosevelt, who a decade later was shot but not killed while trying to regain the presidency.)

1920: WARREN HARDING made a cross-country rail tour in 1923, a major undertaking for that time. Harding became the first president to visit Alaska, but while returning south to California he came down with intestinal cramps and then pneumonia. While convalescing from these illnesses Harding suffered an apparent stroke and died on August 2 in San Francisco.

1940: FRANKLIN ROOSEVELT, first elected in 1932, was beginning an unprecedented fourth term when he died in April of 1945. Worn down by years of exertion leading the country during the Great Depression and World War II, FDR suffered a cerbral hemorrhage while on a working vacation in Warm Springs, Georgia. His last words have become well known: "I have a terrific headache."

1960: JOHN F. KENNEDY's death has perhaps replaced Lincoln's as the most famous presidential assassination. Kennedy was shot by Lee Harvey Oswald during a motorcade through Dallas, Texas on November 22, 1963. Two days later Oswald was himself shot and killed by Jack Ruby.

1980: RONALD REAGAN served two full terms, 1981-1989. He survived an assassination attempt by John Hinckley on March 30, 1981.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Derek Trance

PRESIDENTS ELECTED IN "0" YEARS

For years people whispered that U.S. presidents elected in years ending with "0" were doomed to die in office. From 1840 through 1960, every president elected in the 20-year cycle died while he was still president. (Some called this "The Curse of Tecumseh" after the Shawnee chieftan whose brother allegedly predicted the presidential doom in 1836.)

Ronald Reagan finally broke the "curse" by serving two full terms as president before stepping down in 1989 -- though he had to survive a 1981 assassination attempt to do so.

I never knew this,
thank you very much for the curse theory on "0" elected years

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by dgtempe
The Bush elitists will call it an amendment, i will call it dictatorship.

Actually dg they can do it but it will no by GW staying another term it will by Jeff bush taking over after GW, see they can control the government without looking like a take over dictatorship if they have regular elections but keeping it in the family

See 8 yeas of GW, and 8 of JW and after that the country will be theirs.

I believe you're referring to Jeb Bush ...

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Get ready becuse he can change the laws.....bucko

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
um halfofone,
did you realize that Demolition Man
Was NOT arnold ?

it was Wesley Snipes and Sly Stalone *spelling

you should have said "True Lies" or "Predator" or any of the other hundred films hes done
Conan the Barbarian
lol

also, a 3rd term is out of the question
theres a 99.999999% chance it will NEVER happen

even the republicans would be agianst it for the most part
some bush fanatics may like it but
most republicans would DisLike it
just ask them

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hey,

My name is Lisa. I am a very strong Christian and I hate to say this because it's not going to sound great but I believe Bush is the antichrist. I've been reading numerous articles on him and he relates himself to Christ. He says he gets messages from God. Hello? Were in America here, God doesn't just speak from the sky. God couldn't have told him to strike Al quada as he's claimed. I have to admit I voted him into office but it was all part of God's plan. I believe we're in the end days and somehow the New World Order is going to play a big role in the end days. I don't know how strong any of you are toward the Lord but I hope you will be ready when the Lord comes to claim his people. Did you know the only and last step we need is for the temple in Jerusalem to be rebuilt before the Lord comes again. Bush is in great power right now and his name is strongly associated with 666. Even a pastor admitted he thinks Bush is the antichrist. I know many of you would look at me and laugh but when this world starts turning into a one world nation then nobody will be laughing. At the end days, one person being President Bush since America is in the most power in the world right now, will rule the entire world with the help of satan. Meaning Bush probablly will be in a third term. How do you think Bush was in the presidency at all? Nobody really likes him if everyone's honest with themselves. He's been quite deceptive. That's qualities of the antichrist. The antichrist will claim he is God and the whole world will follow him. There will be peace but it won't be real peace. Now is the time for us to pray for the Lord to come and take us Christians away so that we won't have to be here for the worst parts. And pray for those who aren't saved when the Lord comes down because they are the ones who are going to go through the most horrorible things imaginable. Read Revelation in the Bible if you don't know much about the Bible. And email me i'd be happy to talk to you about how best to be prepared in the end days. Thanks and sorry I say mean things about the president. I still love him but I feel saddened by the things he does and who he represents!

Sincerely,

Lisa

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think it's the actual date of when the president gets sworn in, not the date he gets elected. www.worldfreeinternet.net...

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Originally posted by jprophet420

Peace

The Zero Year Curse. Every Prez that has been elected during an election year ending in Zero dies in office, or is assasinated.

Bush first was elected in 2000.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and a bottle of champagne on ice....

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Bush has another option! Under the Homeland Security Act, if another terror event like 9/11 were to happen, all democratic systems would be suspended, including elections! The US would become a police/military state and Bush would remain President! All the necons need to do is plan another 9/11 in September 2008!!

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unspun
Bush has another option! Under the Homeland Security Act, if another terror event like 9/11 were to happen, all democratic systems would be suspended,

No, it would not

including elections!

No, they would not

The US would become a police/military state

No, it would not

and Bush would remain President!

No he would not, his term ends and then he leaves.

All the necons need to do is plan another 9/11 in September 2008!!

lol no they don't lol there is nothign like anythign you are talking about in any law anywhere lol lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join