It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: Half of Trump supporters are in 'basket of deplorables'

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: UKTruth

I find racists, sexists, homophobes, those who are religiously intolerant and hate those of different ethnicities unworthy as well.

If they truly hate with no reason other than false premises of personal superiority, then we can agree.

If they are called sexist/homophobic/intolerant/etc because of a difference of opinion and a thin-skinned snowflake feels some type of micro-inequity... all I can say is suck it up buttercup.

link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

You don't have to read Alinsky to know that there are many racists and bigots that support Mr. Trump.

Heck, he hired one to manage his campaign.

Perhaps we should start dealing with reality, and take these folks at their word, rather than plugging our fingers in our ... ears and pretending that there is no racism, there is no sexism, homophobia or religious intolerance, etc.

That's the promise Clinton made last night and today; frankly, I stand with her on that.

Those Trump supporters who are fair-mind folks just looking for a change ... deserve empathy and understanding.

I think personally that is what has got the goat of so many here ... you know that Trump would NEVER say that about Clinton's followers.

link   
a reply to: Annee

They're wonderful aren't they.

Roy Rogers' Horse.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

a reply to: UKTruth

I find racists, sexists, homophobes, those who are religiously intolerant and hate those of different ethnicities unworthy as well.

If they truly hate with no reason other than false premises of personal superiority, then we can agree.

If they are called sexist/homophobic/intolerant/etc because of a difference of opinion and a thin-skinned snowflake feels some type of micro-inequity... all I can say is suck it up buttercup.

I concur. The only snowflakes I hear whining at the moment on this topic are those Trump supporters who think that Hillary called them a mean name.

"Suck it up" indeed. Let's adopt that as a standard shall we? For all whiners on whatever side of the political spectrum?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh YAY!

Team Trump, Trump, and Trumpsters.

Can dish it out, but can't take it.

They're completely ridiculous.

Maybe the "Trump Train" should take some advice from the Little Engine that Could.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Not specifically public speaking, no. I am referring to word choice and political correctness. In those aspects, yes, I cut Trump more slack than I do Clinton. So far as public speaking goes, I believe both are accomplished at it (although I will give Hillary the edge).

If you support her statement, given that I just declared my complete support for Trump, am I to understand you consider me deplorable? Or am I one of the 'non-deplorable' Trump supporters? Or perhaps I am only halfway deplorable? Maybe I'm not deplorable yet but will be because I share a basket with deplorable?

This is the true issue. Is your support for her based on anything concrete and substantial, or is it a hatred for others who disagree with you?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Oh YAY!

Team Trump, Trump, and Trumpsters.

Can dish it out, but can't take it.

They're completely ridiculous.

Maybe the "Trump Train" should take some advice from the Little Engine that Could.

The fact they are so blind is astounding.

"I can do it, but you can't"

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I cut Trump more slack than I do Clinton.

I find that ridiculous.

Trump made the choice to enter this "realm".

Didn't know it offered training wheels.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

If you support her statement, given that I just declared my complete support for Trump, am I to understand you consider me deplorable? Or am I one of the 'non-deplorable' Trump supporters? Or perhaps I am only halfway deplorable? Maybe I'm not deplorable yet but will be because I share a basket with deplorable?

This is the true issue. Is your support for her based on anything concrete and substantial, or is it a hatred for others who disagree with you?

Well, that depends. Are you a racist, sexist, homophobic, religious bigot who hates certain ethnicities?

If so, your position is deplorable.

Are you a hard-working, fair-minded American who for whatever reason believes that Mr. Trump will make things better?

If so, while I disagree with your choice, I can empathize and understand that you're really saying "I want something better."

As far as the garbage in your last line ... if you don't know me better than that, we really have nothing to talk about, now or ever. I don't hate anyone who disagrees with me. I present my positions based on the best evidence I can find. To imply anything else is simply ignorant or willfully dishonest.

My support for Clinton has for the large part to this point been based on the fact that by voting for her I was voting against Trump. I was VERY pleased, however, to see her take a stand against racism, homophobia, etc. in her speech last night (which she echoed today), and although I was disappointed today when she "apologized" that so many people either don't listen to words or can't get past their blind beliefs, I still feel more actual support for her as a candidate than I did before.

So, if that's what she was going for ... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Are you a racist, sexist, homophobic, religious bigot who hates certain ethnicities?

Trump is about Trump, money, power, control.

He's embracing the Fundamental Christian Lobby.

Did you know he wants to abolish the Johnson Gag Order?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You should sign your posts as:

TheProfessor

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: Nikola014

I'm late to the party, how do you, as hillary supporter ( or wait, was it anti Trump ) justify insulting millions of your countrymen?

It's a gaff?

Is it an insult if it's true?

And even if it's true, they are Americans, and she should be representing all Americans, as she accused Trump of not doing. This is her Mitt Romney "47%" moment, and she will pay dearly for it, as Romney did.

You know...for all of you being so anti-PC....you guys are really crying about Hillary not being PC.

Romney's comment was about all Americans...Hillary's comment was only for a portion of Trump supporters. She isn't going to lose anyone she didn't already have.

If an intellectually dishonest person says "this is making me vote for Trump"...well that is their right...go vote for the guy who insults everybody he doesn't like on a daily basis...because Hillary made a true statement about a portion of Trump supporters.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Are you a racist, sexist, homophobic, religious bigot who hates certain ethnicities?

Trump is about Trump, money, power, control.

He's embracing the Fundamental Christian Lobby.

Did you know he wants to abolish the Johnson Gag Order?

Trump is about Trump ... yeah, that's about the most profound thing you can say about him. Sad, I used to like that pompous egomaniac he played on TV ...

... apparently, he wasn't acting. Ah well.

Oh, I'm not surprised. His pandering to the Evangelicals knows no limits. I think that's in Two Corinthians.

And, you know what, altogether, let churches preach what they want ... as long as they pay their taxes like every other individual and corporation in America, I'd say let them dirty themselves in politics.

The religious in this country used to hold themselves to a higher standard, concerned with doing good works and helping the needy. I guess those days are gone forever, and as such, so should the tax exemptions.

My opinion, only.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Clinton's remarks are so divisive and hateful - probably the single most insulting thing said so far in this gutter campaign (both sides). There have been some insults flying around, but Clinton just took it to a whole new level. What a scum bag.

At least we know the truth now - Hillary despises tens of millions of Americans and will do nothing for them. Trump is for all Americans.

I also despise those Americans.

You know, the racist, sexist, and bigoted ones....I have no respect for them, why should I? Why should Hillary?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Not specifically public speaking, no. I am referring to word choice and political correctness. In those aspects, yes, I cut Trump more slack than I do Clinton. So far as public speaking goes, I believe both are accomplished at it (although I will give Hillary the edge).

TheRedneck

I support her statement.

I would have to know more about you to decide if you fall into the basket of deplorables...being a Trump supporter alone doesn't qualify you.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

That depends as well.

I support equality for all people regardless of skin color. I have been accused of being a racist because I once referred to both Romney and Obama as a pair of monkeys. I have been accused of being a racist because I have disagreed with Obama's positions, despite once voting for him (to my eternal shame).

I support equal pay for women and equal treatment for women. But I can't count the number of times I have been called sexist because I disagreed with Hillary.

I have no issue with homosexuals, bisexuals, what-have-you. But I have been called homophobic because I had concerns about issues that they took offense to, and a few times by gay people locally because I am not gay.

So by which definition will I be judged as deplorable or not? The dictionary says I am not, but apparently a very large segment of the population disagrees.

That is the reasoning behind the last paragraph in my post. No sir, I do not know you, nor do I know how you think. This may be the first time we have debated, or it may not. I debate so many people on ATS that I am simply unable to remember all of them all the time. What I do know at this point is that you agree with Hillary that half of those who support Trump are deplorable due to some bigotry. I do not know your definition of bigotry.

Therefore, I request you reconsider my last post and clearly inform me where I stand in your opinion.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I concur. The only snowflakes I hear whining at the moment on this topic are those Trump supporters who think that Hillary called them a mean name.

Then you have selective hearing. As in, you hear what you want to hear. All I hear is Mrs. Clinton trying to pull her cankles out of her mouth.

"Suck it up" indeed. Let's adopt that as a standard shall we? For all whiners on whatever side of the political spectrum?

That's pretty much my modus operandi, especially with Trump. He ain't perfect, he's just better than any other option right now.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

And I didn't realize it was a street brawl.

Did you miss my last reply to you?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Thank you for your generosity.

How much knowledge of someone do you require to determine their value according to Hillary?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I agree. Trump supporters are in LA LA land. He has no chance of winning. Never did. Mark my words, record the date and msg. me if I am wrong. I bet I get zero messages after the election.

I mean it is easy to see Trump is a joke, just like the reality TV he last came from.

No one serious takes him serious.

Agian , after the election, if I am wrong call me out, make fun of me, tell me I am a moron. However I can see the writing on the wall. Trump has no chance. So I am sure the weak minded will spend the next 4 years inventing conspriacy theories about Clinton instead of understanding why she was elected.

Like I said, call me out if the election goes down differently.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join