It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: Half of Trump supporters are in 'basket of deplorables'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Wow, might this be Clinton's 47% remark?

Hillary Clinton told an audience of donors Friday night that half of Donald Trump's supporters fall into "the basket of deplorables," meaning people who are racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic.

Remember when Romney told his donors that about 47% of the country isn't going to vote for him because they're basically on the government dole?

This reminds me of that remark.

In an effort to explain the support behind Trump, Clinton went on to describe the rest of Trump supporters as people who are looking for change in any form because of economic anxiety and urged her supporters to empathize with them.

So half the people who support Trump are irredeemable and the rest are looking for change in any form ... so why would there be any reason for either group to vote for her? She doesn't represent change and she's spent the whole time tossing the other group under the bus.

"To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables," Clinton said. "Right? Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, you name it."
She added, "And unfortunately, there are people like that and he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people, now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets offensive, hateful, mean-spirited rhetoric."

11 million of those deplorables. That's a lot of people to insult given how many usually vote.

Clinton went on to say that some of these people were "irredeemable" and "not America."

Yep, she should get the Romney treatment for this at least, but the media won't do that.

Oh, well, she just gave the Trump campaign a TON of social media fuel.

You'll be hearing about it from them even if the press doesn't deign to give it time.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

the political ****-slinging continues! What happened to sticking to the issues? I guess as we get closer to the election the desperation on both sides will grow, and they will sink lower and lower in their attacks

Thanks for sharing this ketsuko

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

She is doing nothing more than continuing the divisive rhetoric which Obama has used the last 8 years to divide the county further. That was the whole concept and purpose of Identity Politics which has been being injected in the minds of student from grade school up thru out college systems.

THEY want civil disorder and unrest in the country!

Politicians on BOTH SIDES have utterly destroyed our nation with their push towards globalism and to take the heat off of the people retaliating towards them, they will achieve success and claim the moral high ground by locking this nation down due to the people rising up and going against each other rather than THEY who caused the problem....

The game is quite brilliant considering the people who rely on the MSM for the daily dose of gullet fulfilling propaganda and also fail to realize just how close this country is to an out and out flustercluck of wide spread violence.

Those who blindly believe in this corrupt government to keep them safe are in for a rude awakening!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Remember when Romney told his donors that about 47% of the country isn't going to vote for him because they're basically on the government dole?

This reminds me of that remark. .

Did that remark keep you from voting for Romney?

Yep, she should get the Romney treatment for this at least, but the media won't do that.

I can't help but notice that CNN is reporting this. I've read 11 million times that CNN is the "Clinton News Network" and yet here they are reporting on Clinton's ill-conceived remark?

You'll be hearing about it from them even if the press doesn't deign to give it time.

Again. You're link is from CNN. Doesn't that immediately invalidate your statement? Oh look, I just turned on the TV and it's on CNN right now.

EDIT:

Just checked, it's on MSNBC too.

Pence saying that he hasn't heard such disrespect "since Obama said that people who don't support him cling to bibles and guns."

edit on 2016-9-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
As polls are tightening, the Clinton campaign said she will begin "showcasing" her personality to let the voters see who she really is...
And this is wh she is...
Heck, this sounds exactly like what I would expect to hear from the Secretary Clinton's "real" self...

Now let's recite the liberals pledge:
Loathsome are we peons for whom She sacrifices...
Forever may She reign in perfection in all She does...
Long live the Infallible Queen....

PS: this new stanza up for consideration in the liberal pledge:
Religion is for idiots unless you are Muslim then it's awesome!!!

-Christosterone

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
A great campaign trick to hide her lies and weaknesses.

So she now will commence with an ad-hominem attack on at least half the population.

Desperation Inc.

Not much left for her to do.

She's becoming a (c)rabby and spiteful (c)andidate.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'd expect her numbers to drop more after this, but you can't really drop faster than a stone that's met terminal velocity.

How's that 13 point lead going? down to 2 as I last heard, some places even say Trump is in the lead by 3, like the Clinton News Network, you gotta be doing badly to get that kind of fall.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Let her and the rest of the progressives turn up that "Bigot / Racism" hogwash. All they do is unjustly alienate people and turn more and more of their "loyal" base against them.

link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
As polls are tightening, the Clinton campaign said she will begin "showcasing" her personality to let the voters see who she really is...

So they're intentionally throwing the election?

link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

The several government reports have exposed who she "really is".

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
One would have thought that like most countries there is a small fringe of the population that could be in those categories . Maybe America can be excused for the high percentage as they seem to be #1 in a lot of things . I wonder what she plans to do about it ,if elected ?

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
She just attacked millions of Americans, not Trump.
This is why America continues to be so divided, just because other Americans voters disagree with you politically doesn't mean you just attack them, when you are running for office.
Great way to win people over that are still on the fence.

I have never seen the demonizing of supporters of a political side being so strong this round, this is another reason I think the polls are so off. Some people seeking to avoid conflict are saying not what they really think and feel which will actually be revealed on voting day.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If anyone would know what it takes to be a deplorable human being, its Hillary.

That's one thing I can say for the Democrats. Sooner or later, they always tell you what they really think of you if you have the audacity to oppose them. Meanwhile, the party seems utterly mystified at why they're about as popular as a roll of used toilet paper in rural America. Its not really that hard to figure out.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Here's an article that has a more complete audio of Hillary's remarks.

She is now a full racist.

Here’s the Full Context of Hillary Clinton’s ‘Basket of Deplorables’ Remark About Trump Supporters

Nothing like blaming 30 or 40 million other people for your own guilt and devastating deeds Hillary !!!

link   
This is like Obama's "bitter Americans clinging to guns and Religion" fiasco during the 2008 primary run

link   

Did you ever stop and think that she is voicing what many of her supporters are saying?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Wow, might this be Clinton's 47% remark? Hillary Clinton told an audience of donors Friday night that half of Donald Trump's supporters fall into "the basket of deplorables," meaning people who are racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic.

I think you are exactly correct and have nailed it. In addition, now David Brock a Clinton surrogate working for one of her PAC's is trying to have Chris Wallace from FOX News removed as the moderator for the last debate.

Obviously, there is a lot of desperation going inside the Clinton campaign. And to think of the $100's of millions her campaign has already spent, and just as much ready to be spent over the next 60 days, for a person to be pointing fingers, she certainly has no ethics or morals.

Peace
KD

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I've always found it laughable that the GOP mudslingers state - - - "its below the Liberals moral compass to use trash talk (or any kind of negative attack)".

They've always done this, at least as far as I can remember. "We can do it, but you can't"

I say Fight Fire with Fire.

Kind of a: "Don't Think About a Red Giraffe".

"Oh, I'm sorry - - guess I shouldn't have said that". "I apologize, make sure you don't think about a red giraffe".

Good one.
edit on 10-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I haven't noticed the 'moral compass' of liberals ever being any deterrent whatsoever to them engaging in negative attacks or mudslinging. Seems to be their favorite political tactic from where I'm sitting.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I just opened 4 MSM articles in a row about this and apparently Comments Are Disabled today.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join