It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: Half of Trump supporters are in 'basket of deplorables'

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

She can backpedal all she wants. She still proved she's a bonafide Social Justice Warrior (of the negative connotation variety). SJW's are as hardcore of racists as they come, and for weeks now she's been actively working to court them.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

She can backpedal all she wants. She still proved she's a bonafide Social Justice Warrior (of the negative connotation variety). SJW's are as hardcore of racists as they come, and for weeks now she's been actively working to court them.

Yes, we all know your sore spot for "SJWs" I"m surprised you didn't work in BLM into this post as well.

Back here in reality: she's not backpedalling. She said the same thing today that she said last night. I'm disappointed that she seemed conciliatory.

Many Trump supporters are quite obviously racist, sexist, homophobes, etc. That is a true statement. Whether its 50% 10% or 98% is up for debate, I guess.

edit on 10-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

I'm late to the party, how do you, as hillary supporter ( or wait, was it anti Trump ) justify insulting millions of your countrymen?

It's a gaff?

I'll offer my 2 cents...there are over 300 Million people in the USA..and I have no doubt that "millions" of them appropriately earn the "deplorable" tag when it comes to their behavior.

Hell ...5000+ Wells Fargo employees were just busted for opening accounts in their customers names and charging them service fees without their knowledge!

All of that said...she has apologized for the comment as politics demands...but I don't think she was entirely wrong...lots of deplorable people out there or at least people acting deplorably.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I'm still looking for the defense of sexism, racism, homophobia, etc. from Trump supporters.

They don't seem to want to stand up and say those are not deplorable.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

My argument was that for weeks now she's been actively courting the most hardcore of SJW types (which is hilarious as she already had them).

With today's story she tripled down on it.

Sexists????? Where do you get these arguments from, what data?

Earlier you guys were boasting that Hill gets 'all' the black vote. Should we look at black American hip hop pop culture? The most sexist music scene (possibly on planet earth / in human history).

This whole thread, the whole story behind it, and her Campaign Against US Citizens (CAUC) of late is all one huge steaming pile of Are You SURE You Want To Go There? Where under her current state of brain damage she's too dumb to see it and/or she's counting on all of you being too dumb and bound in HATE to yourselves see it.
edit on 10-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hillary Clinton is deplorable. How anyone in her shoes can sleep at night is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Well, I can see taking it either way. Either experience doesn't matter and both can be held to the same standard, or experience does matter and Hillary is held to a more professional standard.

I can see the logic in either choice, as long as that choice is consistent.

What I cannot see is extolling the virtues of one candidate's experience over the other and then excusing her for actions inconsistent with that experience, while simultaneously decrying the other for a lack of experience while holding him to the expectations that come with experience..

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If it is a choice between being labeled "deplorable" by the leftists and Hillary or voting for Hillary . . . . . . then I'm deplorable.

(post by Nucleardoom removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

My ignorance is stunning .. because Trump won the Republican nomination??? He got 13.3 million votes. Is that enough to win the Presidency? No?

He got the most Republican votes for ... and the most Republican votes against him. There's an important distinction there.

Also, do you understand the grammatical function of the word "IF"? It indicates a condition, or a possibility.

"IF" Americans are tired of graft, corruption, waste, fraud, etc. they wouldn't elect Mr. Trump as he exhibits those characteristics in spades.

Not to mention, you seem to disagree with my negative opinion of Mr. Trump. That means I'm ignorant? LOL.

There must be a lot of "ignorant" people then, in your belief.

(post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Well, I can see taking it either way. Either experience doesn't matter and both can be held to the same standard, or experience does matter and Hillary is held to a more professional standard.

What I cannot see is extolling the virtues of one candidate's experience over the other and then excusing her for actions inconsistent with that experience, while simultaneously decrying the other for a lack of experience while holding him to the expectations that come with experience..

TheRedneck

While on the surface that seems quite logical.

This is basically a high stakes competition.

Let's compare it to a professionally trained fighter vs a street fighter. (I am not into fighting, so no one go into technical details).

Point is the street fighter can use every dirty trick he's learned, but the trained fighter is just suppose to use defense against these tricks?

I don't think so.

edit on 10-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So ... you're defending sexism and racism because ... Rap music?

Interesting approach.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

TheRedneck

Let's be sure we are discussing the same issue: public speaking, right?

So, a politician should be better at public speaking than a successful [sic] business man?

Why?

As to the rest of you commentary, although I realize you may be speaking generically and not regarding something I've said.

I haven't excused Clinton's action in the speech last night ... I applauded them.

I was less enthusiastic about her tacit "apology" today.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I'm requesting what data you're basing your 'GOP / etc = SEXISTS' assertions from, while showing you how hardcore sexism is hardcore ingrained culturally in a huge part of the Democrat base.

BTW: Do YOU like that song I just highlighted?????

edit on 10-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Deplorables

It sounds cool. Like a motorcycle gang or something. I ride with the deplorables.

"Irredeemable" literally means that someone will always be worthless. "Not America" is pretty good, too. She doesn't want to count me as an american. I don't count -- I get it.

So trump was all about exclusion and dividing people. What a load of crap.

This whole election boils down to one thing, purely and simply.

This is class war.

link   
Deplorables

It sounds cool. Like a motorcycle gang or something. I ride with the deplorables.

"Irredeemable" literally means that someone will always be worthless. "Not America" is pretty good, too. She doesn't want to count me as an american. I don't count -- I get it.

So trump was all about exclusion and dividing people. What a load of crap.

This whole election boils down to one thing, purely and simply.

This is class war.

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm requesting what data you're basing your 'GOP / etc = SEXISTS' assertions from, while showing you how hardcore sexism is hardcore ingrained culturally in a huge part of the Democrat base.

What data? My personal experience and opinion about some Trump supporters (not GOP or whatever), as stated multiple times in this discussion.

Similar to your opinion that everyone who doesn't agree with you is an SJW/BLM/PDQ something or other.

To your argument though: Rap music demonstrates that hardcore sexism is hardcore ingrained hardcore culturally hardcore in hardcore Democrats?

Is that your hardcore personal opinion, or did you have some hardcore statistics?

Listing out some rap lyrics doesn't quite prove that hardcore claim.

Oh, and hardcore, for good measure.
edit on 10-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

He has a point in saying that like comparisons are made with elements of a party or following to smear the whole. Personally though I don't think there is any real hope for Dems and Libs.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

HOW I DEFINE SJW:

Social Justice Warriors are Social Justice Activists turned into hate fueled extremists due to adopting Critical Race Theory / Progressive Stack (CRT/PS) concepts of Political Correctness + Victim Mentality deeply into their worldview / ideology. These types tend to obsess over CRT/PS. Their notions of reality tend to be very warped due to CRT/PS, such as how they think that if they're on the side of CRT/PS that they are therefore incapable of being a racist / sexist / etc bigots. They tend to be offended by / defend any and all sorts of criticisms of PC / SJW / BLM and such related major talking points, even when mass murder is involved. They tend to "troll" threads (derail them, ad hominem attack their opponents, etc). Not all SJW's are proper "Special Snowflakes" I doubt, but this new "Special Snowflake Generation" we're seeing unfold has them erupting out into the social scene en masse, as they often tend to identify with the "Oppression Scale" type concepts that CRT/PS is all about. Instead of debate policy issues, they tend to try to keep everything centered on Identity Politics, which is interesting as most of them are white people driven by White Guilt. In this way they tend to be walking cliches of "misery loves company", as projecting their guilt and bigotry and self-loathing onto others is like their daily bread & butter.

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join