It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 11

page: 182
<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Kinda Halloween colored?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Syx, good idea! Maybe later I can find a couple of good vids to post.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ooooh Yah! Creepy Halloween videos sound good to Me!!!
If Ya find some, be sure to post em here!!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I shall oh mighty scary winged one!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Somewhere in an alternate world there are beings who are sentient pumpkins. On cool autumn days they love drinking human spiced lattes.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Now there's a scary thought! LOL

Hiya Skiddy! I figured you were lost in gaming land somewhere.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
well like i have said i will show you pictures of what all i have to go through in my room...so here they are..

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

LOL! Looks like you will be busy for a while there CC!

Oh thunder! Yikes! Hope I don't lose power!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
That's a lot of work!!

You can do it!!! All you need are some helpful Brownies...you have those...right?

Or a House Elf?

Or maybe..Mary Poppins???

GOOD LUCK!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is Halloween colored, but hardly fitting the theme...still...

Have a lovely night! I'm going to have some dinner now with my sweetie and snuggle on the couch.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

AB, I love the little brownies and the house elf from Harry Potter and Mary Poppins! Loved the candle pic too! Good to see you Honey! Have a lovely night!

edit on 21-10-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Actually that's where I am lol. So many games!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

AB those gnomes are fabulous, where did you find them? I want them, I want to know how to make them.....or are they your own familiars, if so sorry.

Dobby. You posted Dobby, my favorite elf, I love Dobby. He is so true to his destiny. And courageous.
Dobby, Sigh.

edit on 21-10-2016 by WalkInSilence because: blahh

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Are we having a Halloween contest, what is the mirth about?

I will charge in on my grand steed, isn't she pretty? I am ready, what are we doing?

Get of work and see all this excitement, it makes me breathless.

Oh, would someone please link to the Halloween song stuff, I lost it. Please.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Love that pic Wis!

Here is the link to The Monster Shed song.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-10-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

CC I will "whoosh" in on my holiday broom, we will make some fabulous food and lovely brews and sort all that out.
Breaks are very important, we will have lots of breaks. Where we can discuss how to proceed.
And Syx will carry all the boxes and perhaps pack them. You can handle him, can't you?

He won't just "flame" the whole thing and us? Should I bring a "training collar?
Hugs

edit on 21-10-2016 by WalkInSilence because: Blaa

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The Beast of Bubb's Creek

Keeping with the Halloween spirit,
Here is an account of an incident that occured to my best friend and i while fishing high in the California Sierras a while back.

About two years ago, i wanna say in late march, my best friend and i decided to do a three day trip to the southern Sierras of California to do some trout fishing. The season had just opened and we wanted to try our luck catching the trout before everyone else joined in and put too much pressure on the fishing prospects.

So we jumped on the highway and made our way to the town of Independence. Its a small one lane town off the highway at the base of the southern sierra mountain range. A series of tall jagged alps like mountains in the heart of california.

The first day up there we went around to all the local creeks fed by snow melt run off that winded down the sharp peaks and towards the desert floor below. Being the beginning of trout season of course there were too many folks trying their luck fishing leading to less than desirable conditions. So we began to think of alternative prospects.

We had heard of a nearby camp ground high up in the mountains above called Onion Valley.

www.fs.usda.gov...

Onion Valley was situated at 9,200 foot altitude. Most folks didnt have the proper cars with large engines to make it all the way up to that altitude, so we figured it would be the perfect place to search for a quiet fishing hole. We had known that there were a series of alpine lakes and ponds up at around 10, 000 feet heading towards whats known as the Kearsarge Pinnacles. (12000' alt)

onion valley area picturesThese ponds were fashioned like a string of pearls connected by an icy creek known as Bubbs Creek. They had spectacular views of the lofty and spire like Pinnacles. We were betting on very little fishing pressure and a good stock of hold over hardy wild trout to be found there.

So we wound our way up the steep one lane road that headed to the Onion Valley Campgrounds. A number of hairpin switchbacks were a challenge along with manuevering around the large boulders that littered the road from frequent landslides there.

Having found the camp grounds we parked, gathered our gear and made the rest of our hike nearly 1000 foot higher in altitude huffing along a trail that followed along side Bubbs Creek.

The only foliage was old growth alpine pines and shrubs that thrived on the creeks water. Surrounding us beyond this belt of green pines was a vast field or granite rubble from the landslides of the steep peaks. The place was beautiful but desolate of animals other than squirrels and racoons. Or so it would seem.

At this altitude the hike takes longer than you think. You basically have to stop every 50 or so feet to momentarily catch your breath and adjust to the thinner air. Small patches of iced over semi melted snow added to the difficulty.

Being tuckered out we stopped at the first pond along the string of pearl like creek and pond system up there and immediately began getting our gear set up. All was good. It was bright and sunny. Mid day. Very quiet and serene.

About an hour and a half it struck. We heard a ominous sound further up the creek toward perhaps the next pond a quarter mile or so away. To this day i have a hard time describing this sound.

The closest thing i can find is this video of a gorilla roaring. m.youtube.com...

It was that same angry bassy roar but repetative like a siren similar to when a chimp works its self up like this

m.youtube.com...

So imagine the gorilla roar, repetative and going up in volume and pitch like the chimp. However, this sound was deep and resonant and was definitly coming from a very large animal.

My friend and i stopped in our tracks and just stared at each other bewildered and wide eyed listening to this repeating howl coming from some unknown animal as they echoed off the mountains granite walls surrounding us.

Whatever this thing was it was no moose, elk, deer or bear and boy, did it sound pissed.

We are both used to being in the woods and we had never heard an animal like this.

After a minute or so the siren like howling stopped. It had a droning characteristic to the howls and reminded me of a giant hand saw rythmically sawing through wood. Started quiet and getting angry and louder and then nothing for a few moments and then it would repeat.

To be honest the sounds were beginning to spike our adrenaline and we began to get a little spooked. Quitely staring at the section of creek that lead to wherever in the pines this creature was hollering from we stood motionless.

But, the sound subsided and we settled back down tentatively again checking our poles and bait.

A half hour later the angry agitated calls started up again. This time half as far away as last time and much louder and persistant sounding. Whatever this thing was it was making its way up the creek towards our pond and location. We were very uneasy now. Reluctantly we started to pull in our lines and gather up our gear preparing to leave. Whatever this thing was, and we didnt want to find out, sounded big and unappologetic about the noise it was making.

Again in the middle of our packing the sounds shut off for a while. 20 more minutes go by and just as we our throwing our backpacks over our shoulders the roaring started again but this time just across the pond and just inside the shadows of the tree line going up along the creek. Maybe 150 feet away.

Whatever it was it was HERE. We needed to go NOW!

Almost in a panic we said "were leaving" and immediatly started down the trail toward the campgrounds. Leaving the eerie and intimidating sounds behind us. At any given point one of us was looking behind us trying to keep track of the creature.

About halfway down the creek trail to the campground it started up again but closer to us than the pond...somewhere along the same section of creek we were fleeing down. It had followed us at least partially down the trail staying maybe a few bends behind us.

Then it dawned on us. the creature is attempting and succeeding in driving us back towards the campground and trying to chase us away from the pond. Its territorial about this pond and probably wanted the fish too without us pesky humans around. For it to do that it meant it knew we were there. Maybe watched us from the trees up the creek as we arrived. Or maybe another one of its kind did and reported it to the big guy who came to drive us off. Maybe it had a family and didnt want to compete with us over the resources.

We got back to our truck (the only vehicle at the campground) and drove off post haste. We made our way down that hill so fast my friend forgot to down shift into 2nd or 1st.

As we were travelling down the mountain we started to smell a horrible chemical smell. Occasionally we see a camper on the shoulder and we figured we were up wind of a meth lab or some sort of Breaking Bad scenerio. We started to make jabs at the smell as it got wors

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
"Damn Methheads!" we thought out loud.

Finally at about 5,000 foot alt halfway down the mountain we decided that we had to stop for a breather as we were both a little shaken and crashing from the adrenalin dump.

We pulled over next to a small trailer park situated next to a large creek and got put of the truck. The odor of chemicals was more pungent than ever.

Glancing down at the tires i realized WE were the meth heads. The breaks were glowing bright orange and literally smoldering.

We decide to stop at this trailer park and let the breaks cool for another 45 min. Both of us a little shakey.

Eventually we made our way down and off the mountain and headed for Bishop to find a motel room to crash in for the evening. We just knew no way in hell were we going back up that mountain to camp out for the night.

Interestingly our night was just beginning. We had a bear incident at the motel that was both amusing and a little sad (not for the bear but the poor pregnant lady the motel manager handed a pair of sticks to to chase off the bear)

To this day both my friend and i, although lacking visual contact, believe we heard a large alpha male sasquatch telling us politely in sasquatchese to get the F out of his pond and woods.

Aint no way either of us will ever forget the sounds this thing made. It was both disturbing and intimidating. Made us both hup to and march right back the direction we came. No questions asked. We did NOT want to run into whatever that thing was making the sounds.

I later looked for sasquatch reports from that area. There are a few for Inyo county which is a big place and maybe 3 that i could find for that more specific area of the mountain.

Theres a story circulating of a supposed b massacre of a group of campers at a local campground by Bishop where we were staying thats been attributed to a bigfoot that one can read about if they google around.

Lingering questions were what was a sasquatch doing at that altitude. Theres not much as far as food other than the many ponds and its close to the altitude where trees wont grow anymore. Its freezing cold. But i suppose theres caves and that maybe thry were using it as a pass taking a few days to travel from one heavily wooded forest canyon to another.

It does eventually connect to Kings Canyon Park and Sequoia National Park.

I dunno. What do you guys think we eere dealing with up there that day? Some other animal? A pissed off sasquatch?

And do anybody else have any similar experiences to relate? Or any spooky bigfoot stories from the web you're fond of?
edit on 21-10-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join