It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 11

page: 181
<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

Good Grief Gordi

Should you be saying that? If I was Chrissie, I might want to bop you in the head.
That woman looks not one day older than 35....

It's OK, she knows that she's 50!! LOL
Time to trade her in for a new one??? ROFL

***Big G will now be in hiding for the foreseeable future!!***

Laterz! I'm off > > > > >

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hey guys...sorry I am MIA. RL and work has jumped right in my lap!
Love and miss you all so much!!! I will be back Monday (and I almost have my story finished).

Night - [[[HUGS]]] Honey I know this time is hard on you. I am thinking about you!!!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Alright, so my coworker - we'll call him Neet - was an Indian native who came to America for college and stayed, if I recall correctly. He comes by my cube one day just as I had sat down with my lunch of some reheated PrairieShepherd-Not-Quite-World-Famous-But-Really-Spectacular Chili. He sniffs and says, "Prairie, that smells really good!" I had not had any yet so I gave him a bite and he really liked it. I told him I'd email him the recipe.

Now, I make chili using the Prairie method - that is to say, I know the ingredients and the process, but not the exact amounts. I had a good enough idea to write it down, though, since I'd been making it for about 10 years at that point, so that's what I did. He got the email and excitedly told me he would make it for his family right away.

Sooooo...Monday rolls around and Neet comes by my cube again. "Prairie I have to say, I made your chili this weekend but it was not very good."
"Well that's interesting, it was a pretty accurate rendition of my recipe. Why don't you tell me what you did?"
"Well," says Neet, "we made your recipe exactly as you wrote it. Although, we didn't have any beef, so we substituted lamb."

OK, think I, that might change it a bit, but it should still have been good...

"And, my wife doesn't really like onions, so we used mushrooms in instead."

Wait, what?

"And she doesn't really like hot food, so we didn't put the chili powder in. But we used curry so that should have been OK. And we left out some of the beans - she doesn't like the beans so much. Oh, and we didn't have any baker's chocolate so we left that out too."

"So, I think I know what happened here, Neet. I'm not sure what you made, but it wasn't my chili..."

Now, to his credit, he took my recipe to a large family gathering in Sri Lanka and promised me he'd make it exactly to the recipe. He came back from that trip and told me they made it to the letter and it was a big hit...

...but they did still add curry to it.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd
I can understand not putting beef in it. That is if their religion doesn't allow them to. As for the onions, I use garlic if something calls for onions. Onions tear my stomach up something awful. Anywho, what he made most definitely not chili lol. I've never heard of using chocolate. I'll try that when I make it next. I like mine hot so that will be interesting. There's an organic food/farmer's co op here that sells organic chocolate bars (not processed with alkali and very dark-good stuff) and one of my favorites is chilies and nibs. They have that bitter/sweet taste of dark chocolate and the spice of chili peppers. I think those would be great in chili.

ETA: Thanks for the story.
edit on 21-10-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
True about the beef, but that wasn't the reason he omitted it - pretty sure it was just because they didn't have any on hand.
But you can't eliminate the chili powder and still call it chili, in my admittedly-unstudied opinion.

For chocolate, I add just 1 oz of dark chocolate - using the organic stuff is of course recommended. I like the chilies & nibs too. My favorite is the one with crystallized ginger in it, or the one with dried cherries.

edit on 10-21-2016 by PrairieShepherd because: spelling!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

helle night...i so know what you are going through...i was here back in 99 i lost both parents like 11 weeks apart from each other...i miss them every day..so wished i could talk to them at times..more so for my mom..she could chill me out as i had her to talk to about mike and i now i dont have that person here any more..and it so hurts...i dont have that in my life...and thats how mike and i get in to fighting...now if i was talking to my mom we couldnt have these fights so much...so i know how you are feeling night so sorry...

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hello to all the shed people...hope you have a great day...working on my room once again..i will upload some pic i just found and post what my room looks like...what a mess...well i just tried to upload my room pic and it wont let me not sure why either...so i am sorry maybe syx can help me with them...
edit on 21-10-2016 by ccbears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hello all!! Hope Your day is going well. Mine, well it's going...
CC email Me the pix at My G-Mail. I'll fix em so they will upload here...

A Halloween Dragon...

edit on 21-10-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

email or this place..never mind just seen email..duh...

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
A special thank you to those in here or in a PM for thinking of me in this tough time.
Jess, that pic was amazing! Thanks so much!!!!

Gordi, wish Chrissie a very Happy Birthday for me from across the pond!!!!

CC, this a good image for you and I.

To all Sheddites, lurkers and missing members everywhere, Hello! Much love and light my friends!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Have a chicken roasting in the oven. Yum, I can smell it! Hope everyone is doing well this evening.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Yes night, very good image for both us..i so so could have use her last wednesday..she would have helped me through it with out the other stuff...i am here for you when ever you need to vent ok...you are my cousin so i am trying my best to be one..just hate we are so far apart..maybe some day we will meet..keep your chin up sweetie..

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

Same here Sweetie. Ah yes cousin, my fellow descendant of King Charlemagne.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

never did i ever think i would ever find some one on line what was in my family line...i think one of these days i am going to read all that stuff i sent to you a while back...i so love finding family when i do searches...i so need to get back to working on my family tree..and i will once my room is put together...so i hope when in the week or maybe 2 having it all done..King Charlemagne...going to read up on him as well..i know there is alot on line about him...but the thing is who do you believe..but its so cool we had a king in our family...NOW WHERE ARE OUR JEWELS AND CASTLES...LOL

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

...NOW WHERE ARE OUR JEWELS AND CASTLES...LOL

You have no idea how pissed I am that someone squandered the family wealth or lost their title or whatever the hell happened. That would be an interesting project...to find out what happened along the line and who to be pissed at. LOL A mystery for sure.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Hey I wonder if you guys found out who did whatever and when it happened, if You could sue them now?! Just a thought. I'm sure You prob wouldn't be able to do anything about it now, after all these years.. BUT ya never know!?
edit on 21-10-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Oh and hey. Only 18 or so more pages Night!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I think we're screwed and destined to be poor folk. LOL

He was crowned on Christmas day in 800 AD. I keep forgetting that.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Oh and hey. Only 18 or so more pages Night!!!

I have been keeping my eyes on the pages too. LOL I was wondering if we would begin a new Shed before Halloween.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

We will prob be real close to a new shed, if not already in one, by Halloween Night. Let's start posting Halloween images! We can fill a few pages at least with some of that stuff!!

top topics

<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join