It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 11

page: 184
<< 181  182  183    185  186  187 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

We love you Night!

(((hugs)))

An Autumn picture for you...

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Oh my sweet Chirp, I love it! I love the pic and your kind words in my new thread as well! Love you!

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Today's castle ghost stories.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
So I've been 'out of the loop' for awhile but, I would like to change that. I love you Night and it will get easier, it never goes away but, it does become tolerable.
I've been away awhile...I am never far, just in the shadows...

WIS, I have massive writer's block and until I get that sorted...you all are stuck with the real stuff.
I see so many shedigans...old and new (not saying any of you are old!) holding down the 'fort'. It is a fun and glorious thing that so many feel able and welcome to join in. The stories are fantastic and of course, the Shed Halloween song is fantastic!

I went on a little excursion today and visited a place that I used to frequent just a few years ago.
It is now a park. It is dear to my heart. We used to travel the cave before it was closed. Quite bit of history was discovered and it is now part of the State Park.

We used to run around in this cave before the State took it over.

There is an old cemetery on property. The first sheriff of the county so best believe I was on best behavior!

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Wow, fascinating history of the cave you used to play in as a child! Awesome pics! We have many old gravesites around here, some you can read the stones and others are just too faded and sadly,sinking into the ground.

I do hope we get to see more of you Honey! I must get some sleep now.

Goodnight and sweet dreams!

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Good morning Sheddians!!

Went up into the New River Gorge with a friend of mine yesterday in hopes of grabbing a few shots of the New River Train. It went well considering how bad we failed in getting a shot of it heading for Hinton, West Virginia. Set off for the bottom of the gorge at Hawks Nest in hopes of getting it coming across that bridge. So we get to bottom of the gorge, found our shot, and set up for that shot. Needless to say we were standing at the wrong location as we watched it go by on the other side of the river heading for Sewell.

Got up to Hinton right after it pulled in so we had about three hours to kill. After eating lunch, we decided to go explore and see if we could find a spot for a photo on the return trip. We found this cemetery located on the hill above Interstate 64 just north of town. Overlooking the New River Valley from a cemetery high up on the ridge at Sandstone, West Virginia.

After failing at getting a shot of the eastbound trip yesterday morning. We managed to grab a couple of shots of the westbound to Huntington after it left Hinton on the return trip. Seen just after departing Hinton on its way west. The 2016 New River Train is seen passing by the former location of the signal bridge at Brooks, West Virginia.

After getting our shot at Brooks. We started hauling ass back towards Hawks Nest to see if we could get a photo of it coming across the bridge on the way back west. Somehow, some way, we managed to get ahead of it coming through the gorge even with being slowed down by the tourists who were hear looking at the fall colors. With only about two or three minutes to spare. We get to the over look at Hawks Nest just as the train appeared about a half mile to the east knowing that they had slowed down for the permanent speed restriction at the east end of the bridge. Seen snaking its way along the New River Gorge. The 2016 New River Train is seen crossing the New River at Hawks Nest. There were more people standing on the overlook than what is in the photo.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Wow Chooch, those pics are just amazing! You should have got some shots of the cemetery! Any old tombstones or pretty Angel ones?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Hi Night, and everyone! Night here is an article about the infamous Black Angels, in Iowa.. Neat stuff!

Black Angels

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Hi Chirp! That place looks pretty cool!
Would have been a fun tromping ground for young ones I'd bet!

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Just Because...
I call Him Constello. The maker of constellations...

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Hi Syx, very cool! Interesting link! Thanks for sharing that! It would make for an interesting thread!

How are you and CC today?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I swear that dragon pic wasn't there when I replied to your other post!

Oh yeah, I was reading the Angel article and getting something to eat. My bad!

Cool dragon by the way!

edit on 23-10-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I snuck that Dragon in on You Night!! LOL!!

He is cool I know!!!

I thought it the time of Year for the Black angels to appear...
Maybe I will drop that into it's own thread!!?
Hmmm. Thanx. Now Ya got Me thinkin...
(Never a good thing to do My Little Elven Friend!) LOL!!

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

LOL! Yes make a thread, it's the perfect time of year for it!

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Made this thread for Mom if anyone would like to see it. I don't need stars and flags. I just wanted to make a tribute to a beautiful woman, one I call Mom.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I went to Your thread Night. Hate to say it, but I have to go for a while... Bye for now, Syx...

edit on 23-10-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Thank you my friend! I'm leaving for a bit myself, but I'll be back.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Damn those are creepy. My sister has one off to the side of her house. The first time I saw it I said that it looks like it could start moving around on its own and stalking you when you're not looking, kind of like the weeping angels on Doctor Who.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Oh my gosh!

Seizure inducing but, awesome.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
There's a video of it on youtube set to music. It's even more awesome.

<< 181  182  183    185  186  187 >>

join