It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 11

page: 158
<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Here is the Old Man of Storr (Not my pic - I can't seem to find mine at the mo...)

You might recognise it from some of the early scenes in the movie Prometheus?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Nice dragon find Gordi and great photos!

Hiya Mike! My stories seem to write themselves. I just listen to some music and the words come pouring out. There are times when I have had complete writer's block, but I find the right kind of music and it inspires me.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Nice dragon find Gordi and great photos!

Hiya Mike! My stories seem to write themselves. I just listen to some music and the words come pouring out. There are times when I have had complete writer's block, but I find the right kind of music and it inspires me.

Just for our 'Raine...

a calm Nordic session... (It'll give you a wee break from the Rock!!! LOL)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Awesome my friend! That is actually the kind of music I listen to when writing. I will go to youtube and write in something like fantasy mood music, epic, mysterious, dark, inspiring etc. Great find!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Awesome my friend! That is actually the kind of music I listen to when writing. I will go to youtube and write in something like fantasy mood music, epic, mysterious, dark, inspiring etc. Great find!

You're very welcome.

I was actually recording some stuff myself earlier this evening.
My "Hooley" can't make it to Chrissie's birthday party NEXT weekend, and she wanted us to play a set there... so I'm drafting in one of my other pals as a late substitution... and have recorded a "Short set" rehearsal for him to learn my version of the songs. I'm just transferring it to CD now so I can take it over to him tomorrow...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Awwww, how sweet! I hope we get to hear it! At the shed you know of course we were taught to share.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Awwww, how sweet! I hope we get to hear it! At the shed you know of course we were taught to share.

haha!
It's over an hour long and VERY rough!!!
I'll maybe upload 1 or 2 tracks from it for you...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Ok, it's a deal!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Choosing them now...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
OK, here you go...
Please bear in mind... it's just a rough "bedroom" recording of me and one guitar... Live with no effects, editing or mixing... (Getting my excuses in early!!! LOL)

Bad Bad Name

This Is The Life

Johnny Come Lately

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Last one for now... am getting tired!

Livin On A Prayer

cheers!

Goodnight shedland...

BigG
edit on 13-10-2016 by Gordi The Drummer because: to add meaningless comment

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Gordi, very nice Darlin'! Thanks so much for being our musical entertainer for the night!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hey Mike!

The idea to do this chase was only formulated at the last minute at close to 3 in the morning on Tuesday. Good thing it was running late and good thing they had to stop in a few places due to some issues as to what rules they were supposed to follow since the signals had been replaced. If it wasn't for that and the speed restrictions they encountered between Staunton and Craigsville. We would have never caught up with them and passed them if it wasn't for that. I keep trying my best.

a reply to: PrairieShepherd
Thanks Shep!! Glad you like them!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Oh, the companions get lectures from the little pixie all the time. She is very strong willed and opinionated, but underneath it all, she is very loyal and loving. I love playing her character!

That really sums it up well - I love playing some of my characters also. It really is like a performance, something you can lose yourself in.

The challenge is playing some of them that I don't love so much...hm.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Gordi - you're probably resting now but those pictures are wonderful.
If I didn't know better I'd say you were walking around Up North in my home state!

"Happy bunny" - you know, I gotta say G, when I see your posts the word "bunny" just doesn't really come to mind...

Mike - this is really great information & encouragement. Thank you!!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Continued from Page 157...

The halls of the Bastion were cold at night, reminding Siere Meron of the ancestral estate in her mother’s maarke, Lithelwait. She privately admitted to herself she already missed the rolling hills of the maarke, the sheep and the wind rustling the groves of oak. It had only been a few days.

Lowaeren had begun her duties almost immediately upon learning she had arrived. A driven man, Lowaeren is, she thought. But her mind was preoccupied with the soldier she had seen that day. It was a difficult case. His body was healthy, there was nothing physically wrong with him. But his mind…she thought he had just seen too much horror and death. He seemed trapped within a nightmare inside his head, seeing threats everywhere. Lowaeren had told her she was the only one he allowed close enough to work with. The three other Meioshi who had attempted treatment he had nearly killed with his bare hands.

She was abruptly torn from her dazed reverie as she turned a corner.
“O, lee-o lee-o, lee-o lee-hi, lee-hi lee-ay
We drink in the night, for we bleed in the day!
Ah, lee-ah lee-ah, lee-hoo lee-hee, lee-hee lee-hi
Dance with the pretty girls, for tomorrow we die!”

Siere blinked as three raucously singing men came into view. She recognized one of them immediately – Lord Gaalen Braeghe. She did not know the taller, lanky and handsome man to his right, or the thick, heavily muscled man with sandy blond hair and bright blue eyes to his left. She grimaced in distaste. Men. Most of the time she held the kir in disdain, but other times…these men could use a good Correction. Too bad they would not likely remember it in the morning.

She locked eyes with Lord Braeghe. He actually seemed sober.

“Ah! Bryn, Taarvaes, this is who I was telling you about. This is the Seeress Lady Siere Meron.”

Bloody Abyss! She swore silently. She wanted nothing more than to sleep. The day had been exhausting. So, Lord Braeghe’s drinking companions appeared to be Lord Bryn Robaer – he fit the descriptions of him – and the Prince of Aavelae himself. With years of training as a daughter of House Meron, she retained her composure and kept her face perfectly calm. Even drunk, the Prince of Aavelae was still royalty and deserved as much deference as she could muster. She executed her most graceful curtsy.

“Your Highness, it is an honor to be in your presence.” It was a very formal greeting, but she would rather err on the side of safety and caution. Who knew what details could be mis-remembered in the morning after such drinking. “I am surprised to see anyone at all up at such an hour.”

“Lady Seeress Meron,” Taarvaes replied formally, “it is I who am honored. Lady Eveleta Meron is a loyal and dedicated A’maerke who I know is dear to the Queen’s heart, and Lord Alaniten is a fierce and noble man, to whom our realm owes much gratitude. He saved my father’s life at Besh-Hasshar. Please, accept my humble welcome to Avaanse.”

The Prince’s training was excellent. Judging by the unfocused gaze, it was a miracle he was standing, much less capable of delivering such a greeting. He hadn’t slurred his words at all.

“Thank you, your Highness. You are most kind.” She turned to Lord Robaer. “My Lord, I am pleased to meet you also. I have heard much of the valor of Robaer Color. We owe gratitude to those who keep our realm safe.”

Robaer was not as graceful, but she got the impression that was generally the case compared to Taarvaes.

“Thank you, my Lady. I too have served with Lord Alaniten. I would be hard pressed to point to a more courageous man.” Robaer’s words slurred just a touch; he did not have quite the control of the Prince.

Siere inclined her head. Robaer had no sisters, only a younger brother. Unless he were to be married and have a daughter, his estate would fall to his oldest cousin, the young Lady Shael Robaer. In the end, his noble stature would rely on his Bastion rank as a Lord Captain.

“It is good to see you again, Seeress Meron. I trust you have been well taken care of?” As she looked closer, Lord Braeghe expressed almost no hint of drunkenness. Of course, it was obvious all three of them had been into the wine regardless.

“My accommodations are more than adequate, Lord Captain,” she said, somewhat more tersely than she wished.

“Excellent. I have an audience with Seer Lowaeren tomorrow to discuss your protection detail,” he said brightly. Siere felt her lips purse involuntarily and a moment of anger flashed through her. She immediately regretted it – the man was just trying to carry out his orders. But he’s so absurdly cheerful I could smack him! She needed sleep.

“It has been a very long day, my Lords, my Prince,” she said to each of them. “Would you excuse me? I really should retire.”

“Of course, Seeress,” said Prince Taarvaes magnanimously. “May Aomm give you rest tonight. Gentlemen, shall we?”

She watched them move off for a moment before turning on her heel and heading toward her quarters, desperately hoping she did not run into anyone else.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Chooch your rail way tails are addictive, I apologize for not all ways commenting, but I do read them.
It is the same, as, with all the story entries, I gobble them up and then all I have to say is "Good Job" "Keep'um com'n"

I hope you keep record of your tales in here, it could become a wonderful documentary one day. Perhaps with more in-depth comments on locations, specific model history and cargo. All sorts of interesting details.
You could accidentally have "framed" a train hauling smuggling items.

Hay you need a co-author. Go Shoot.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Here is our "Cruise Ship"

Yes we will travel by sea. !!!

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

OH YES my friend/fiend. A worthy opponent you are. He He.

Oh NO! Does this mean that we'll have to re-visit all of those pubs TOGETHER to get it back??
(Sounds like a fine Shed-Gathering to me!!)

This would indeed be the most wondrous Shed Gathering ever. Clad in Viking attire in our Dragon embellished vessel we would swarm the shores of Ireland. Hailing the victory of "The Shed".
With our enchanted creatures and "Royal" manners we would soon have won the whole island.
Did I get carried away here???
I think I did.
We are just going on an innocent cruise to find the Holy Grail, no conquering a nation. We will just be silly tourists wandering aimlessly about.

When I win the "Big One" I will invite you all.
The sea is wondrous in those parts, the shores of "The Isles" are beautiful and all the people I have encountered have touched my heart. That would truly be magical to share.
Did I go off topic??
edit on 13-10-2016 by WalkInSilence because: I am stupid

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I volunteer for lookout!

I quite simply want nothing to do with them oars.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
A Wolf Hug

It was so good to see you here, please don't apologize. Life can be such an adverse opponent.
I am just happy to "see" you. How Is Dada? How is your new home?

You are all ways so attentive of others, which is admirable, but how are you?

top topics

<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join