It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 11

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Don't mind Me. I am drinkin 100 proof Everclear, and beers.. And listening to this

I didn't know Everclear made something that weak. I thought it only came in 151 & 190 proof (75% & 95% respectively alcohol).

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I've missed so much in here! Sorry gang, I'm busy but will try to get back here as soon as I can. HUGS!!!!!!!

I saw some awesome pics and music posted tonight! Yay!!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Thanks.

That's a good one.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
I do hope you survived today, sweetie. Idiots are hard to deal with, especially when they think they are experts.
Idiot in its original meaning is a "person in a private station" "ones own" "a layman", as far as I interpret it is a person who makes up his own universe.
In my line of work I have encountered "one too many" since I moved to this "side of the pond". On the "other side" people in my profession are highly educated and proud of their achievements.
Here it is rock bottom if you end up where I am.

Ups this is your rant, and I am so happy to see you in here.

Just use this mantra "It is just a job"
Oh by the way, I have the advantage that I can swear in a completely obscure language. No one has a clue that I am damning them to hell.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yes, where are you?

We will search for you high and low.

originally posted by: Night Star

Shout out to Jacy wherever you may be.Please know that you are loved and terribly missed.

I admit I haven't been very persistent and for that a I apologize, but.......

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I'm jealous. I'm listening to two young'uns procrastinate on their homework...

Everclear & beer huh? Sounds...risky.
My herbs arrived for my gruit holiday homebrew today. Mugwort, sweet gale, juniper, licorice root, and wormwood. Can't wait - my first all-grain batch.

How about another episode from my story? What do you guys say?

ETA: er. somehow I missed a bunch of posts - weird. Sorry to be a bit disjointed!
edit on 10-11-2016 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89

I didn't know Everclear made something that weak.

Boys, isn't Everclear for cleaning windows, and stripping paint?
You got this all wrong, I believe. Or am I wrong?
Perhaps that is why they look at me "funny" at the liquor store when I get three bottles and say "It's time to clean the house and do some strip'n", It's the only place I can get it.

Honestly, what is Everclear?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Jet fuel, actually.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hay Shep (pardon the abbreviation)

I have been on a quest to find a Shepherdess for you, this was the closest I came with out it being "questionable"
So Hail to Mrs. Shepherd.
a reply to: PrairieShepherd
Jet fuel?
Not that I know much about such matters, but would that not be detrimental to ingest?
I will continue to buy my "window cleaner" at the liquor store, they are so friendly.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Hiya WIS - "Shep" is just fine. I invited the Shedizens to call me Shep, Prairie, PS, or whatever else they can come up with a few days ago so no worries.

That picture is great! It actually bears a bit of resemblance to Mrs. Shepherd - same color hair and same serious expression.

RE: Everclear, it's pretty much good for degreasing engines and erasing memories, if I remember correctly from my more rambunctious (spelled, "f-o-o-l-i-s-h") days.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Continued from page 148...

Gold and white tapestries lined the long walls of one of the palace dining halls, hanging from wrought iron bars at regular intervals. In between each rose a tall, narrow window set back in the tiled stone wall. Huge candelabras hung from the beams in the vaulted ceiling, each on a chain that could be raised or lowered as necessary. Gaalen and Bryn sat with several of the other members of court at the only one of the long tables being used this evening. Lady Commander Kaena sat at another table, occasionally making eye contact with him, but otherwise she was outwardly indifferent.

The Princess Anna Kire Daecullon sat to Queen Tirina’s right, as appropriate, next to her younger sister Teryn. Lord Noall, husband of Anna’s late elder sister Peraena, sat with Anna’s young niece Kerala. Taarvaes had been seated to the left of the Queen during the meal, but shortly after aedelsa – the final course of the meal – he excused himself from his seat and come to join Bryn and Gaalen further down. The rest of the court had begun to break up as well, either headed for their beds or mingling with others. The game never stops, Gaalen supposed.

The tall, dark-haired Taarvaes was an image of his father. Gaalen supposed he was handsome as those things go. Certainly the court ladies seemed to chitter and giggle when he passed by, although Gaalen suspected at least some of that had to do with his royal rank. He had an easy nature about him, always ready with an infectious grin and a twinkle in his eye. He seemed to take no day for granted, as if he felt he might fall over dead any moment and was determined to have more enjoyment today than he did yesterday. Gaalen admired the Prince as much as he did Bryn.

“You know, Lord Captain,” said Taarvaes as he approached them, “if your betrothal to my sister was finally official, I would not have to get up and walk all the way down here to speak with you.”

Gaalen shifted in his seat, but smiled back at the Prince warmly. He knew the Prince’s intentions were sincere – they always were with Taarvaes – but his relationship with the Princess and his potential betrothal to her was…complicated. He looked over to where Anna Kire sat engaged in conversation with Teryn. Today her long hair was pulled into an intricate braid and studded with something that sparkled faintly in the light of the hall. As if she could sense him looking at her, she raised her head to him and her smile lit up her face.

“Ah but then, my Prince, we would both need to walk down here to talk to poor, lowly Lord Robaer. I am frightfully lazy, after all,” he said, taking his eyes off Anna.

“The two of you nattering on somewhere else would suit me just fine. It would allow me to concentrate on more important matters.” Bryn finished staring wistfully at the departing form of the particularly lovely serving woman who had just walked by. She bent forward to fill Lord Noall’s goblet, Bryn’s eyes locked on her. Gaalen and Taarvaes both chuckled at him.

“Lord Robaer, I do believe you need more shalt.” Taarvaes motioned to the servant standing closest to them, then turned to Gaalen. “And you, Lord Braeghe, are you a child? Drink that wine! Tomorrow could be your first day in the Hall of the Father! How can you possibly celebrate life so sober?”

“My Prince, truly I am trying. I am just full from dinner, and I am...”

“You are a waif, is what you are. Lord Captain Gaalen i'Waif, and you cannot hold your drink.” Taarvaes had timed the joke perfectly, just as Bryn had taken a sip of his shalt. He snorted with laughter, nearly spitting the harsh spirit out. Soon, they were all laughing, the courtiers nearest to them turning to see what the amusement was. Gaalen caught eyes with Kaena again, who had turned up a corner of her mouth and arched an eyebrow at him quizzically. He mouthed “later” to her and turned back to Taarvaes and Bryn.

“Life is good tonight. Aroeste!” Taarvaes raised his goblet. Gaalen and Bryn raised their vessels, intoning the traditional cheer with the Prince.

edit on 10-11-2016 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Ahahahaha! Wis, you are so comical tonight!

Shep, you are a great writer, now ask for writer's status!

Hello everyone or whoever may be around! Hugs!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Well, I haven't actually drank Everclear since highschool, but my wife uses the 190 proof stuff to make tinctures.

Everclear

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Continued from page 136

The great Temple of Alandias was filled with the finest flowers in the Kingdom. Candelabras and sconces were lit throughout the sacred building and the choir sang like Angels from the heavens. It was on this day that Garren the simple forest boy had become a man as well as a King. He wore finely tailored clothing and a golden jeweled crown upon his head. People and other beings and creatures presented him with gifts that he accepted with great honor. A huge feast had been set in the castle's dining hall and the guests dined and danced into the wee hours of morn.

It was with a heavy heart the next day that Garren would bid a fond farewell to his dearest friends. Night, his beautiful Elf friend presented the King with a gift of a magical amulet made by the finest craftsmen of her land. Along with the amulet was a little scroll explaining its properties, tied with silver metallic thread. "For my forever friend with all my love and wishes for a long and beautiful life." Hugo gifted the king with a feather from one of his wings. This too had magical properties and could be of use someday. "Whenever troubles arrive, this will call forth those of my kind, if not myself to aid you. Hold it and concentrate on your needs when the time comes." Pesky the pixie had put some pixie dust into a tiny leather bag. It was a very rare gift and seldom given away. "To the new King of Alandias, may you rule with strength, bravery, wisdom and high morals. May your days be filled with wonder and happiness." Jojopo the goblin pulled a ring from his finger. "This has been handed down in my family for many generations, from Son to Son."

Garren slowly closed his eyes as tears fell freely down his face. He then opened his eyes and looked at Jojopo. "You cannot give this treasure to me my friend. Some day you will have a Son of your own. I need no gift from you, but that of your friendship." Jojopo, trying desperately to keep his composure, took the young King's hand and placed the ring in his palm. "You have been like a Son to me, no different than if you were born of my own blood. It belongs to you now."

From beneath the golden sun, Storm and Sky flew around in circles before landing gracefully in the courtyard of the King. Both bowed deeply and handed Garren a scale from their bodies. A dragon's scales were like pixie dust, a rare gift seldom given away. Storm handed the scales to the King. "It has been an honor to know you Garren of the woodlands, It is with great pride and gratitude we call you friend. If you should ever need us, call and we shall rally by your side."

Garren looked from one friend to the next. "Never could I have imagined in my wildest dreams that I would get to know such amazing beings, or go on such wondrous adventures. You have all helped to shape who I am today and guide me to who I will become. You my friends are the light that shines out into the world for all to see and resides in the deepest part of me. None of you shall ever be forgotten. You will always be a part of me, the best part."

With great courage the companions hugged their friend one last time before walking away into the horizon. Garren held his hand over his heart and stared off into the distance until he could no longer see their forms.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
Just because I felt like droppin this in...

Did ye know they were Scottish Mike?

G

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Next thing you'll be claiming the lead singer of ACDC TOO !!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Oh ... G'day sheddites !

Hope you are warm dry and well watered !

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Hay Timely, did you get lost in orbit. How are you doing?
Don't be a stranger.
I think we are fine the Shed has slowed to a more calm pace with lots of story entries.
As for "All goes Scottish" Gordi will also soon reveal to be the keeper of the Holy Grail.

Gordi now you must construct a retort, please.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Good morning my beautiful Shedigans!!! Sorry I went missing yesterday. Danielle stopped by. She is so excited about moving and her new job….me not so much! The thought of her moving to Charlotte scares me to death! I am excited for her opportunity; she is opening her own insurance agency office; but that doesn’t mean I have to like all of it. Anywho, she came by and ended up staying for a while. I will get caught up soon…hopefully work calms just a bit!
*OK I will go read and get caught up*

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Goodmorrowmorn Sheddigantes!

Martin: Insurance agency in Charlotte? Isn't that a bad career move? What with police unable to do their job realistically there anymore, I would think that there mighten be a whole lot of insurance payoffs coming from Charlotte. Anyways, good luck to her and I wish the best to her in her endeavors. We (the world) need more good entrepreneurs out there.

As for the coffee cup . . . the only fault I can find is the shape. There is no way that cup can retain the heat.

Gordi: In your defense, the holy grail probably is in Ireland. Some pub probably has it mixed in with all their other old mugs and still uses it for drinking games.

K, off to classes now.

new topics

top topics

<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join