It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed 11

page: 151
<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:11 PM
a reply to: Night Star

Ummm...what? Where or who or what is Gallifrey?

It is the homeworld of Dr. Who.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:14 PM
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Oh. Thanks for clarifying. I'm probably the only dummy in here who didn't get that. LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:35 PM
Here you go Hon a warm pair of hand knit, wool, Norwegian socks and a fire.

That should keep you warm.
a reply to: ccbears
Real wool socks are the best, but they are far and in between in the US where every thing is mass produced.
The second best are lambs wool slippers. they can be found.
Oh and if you chase Syx around the house (outside) that should keep you warm.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:39 PM
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Those socks are awesome! Wool makes me itchy though. Maybe CC doesn't mind wool.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:51 PM

originally posted by: SyxPak

I really like Your newest Avatar!! Very cool!!!

Why thank you it was made by a very kind member, I hope "this member" could help me in the future to solve my ignorance.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:56 PM
I just saw this. I laughed so hard watching it that I had to share.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:12 PM

originally posted by: ccbears

some of it does mean alot to me.

Sorting out stuff can be a painful process. I cleared my parents home and my own when I moved 4000 miles.
There are many things to this day I wish I had saved, but it is so hard to figure out what is important that many things get lost.
And that is OK, we can't keep it all, we can't take any thing with us, right?

but i have to get my mind in to saying i dont need it..i can just going to scan them that way they are gone and if for some reason i need them then i can just print it out.

That is a good idea, it takes time, but it saves space. Just remember to catalog them so you can find them again. LOL.

it would be so cool to be paper free.

I don't know. I like the feel of pulling out birth certificates and pictures from the 1800 some thing. I have saved those, the ancient ones.

I also have tons of polar bears as well..some one just keeps buying me them..but i so love them all..

That "some one" loves you and knows your heart, and those who inherit the ones you keep, my dear, will cherish them too, because they love you. Keep the polar bear close to your heart.

well hope you have a great night..we are going to get started watching a movie..just hope syx dont pick another dumb one...LOL...have a great night..

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:38 PM

Mom and I knit a pair of knee high socks when I was a young lass.
I still have them. They only come out for Christmas now.
They are pure wool in four colors, a very complex pattern. True wool is rarely washed, it cleanses itself.
They have never been "washed" and I have a wool sweater form the Faroe island that stills has the scent of sheep after twenty plus years. Every time I wear it, I am reminded of the lovely woman who gave it to me.

I will bury them in the snow on extremely cold days. And then they come out, sweet as spring. Wool is special.
It has a "personal' texture that main land Americans oppose. It is alive.
Those who are used to natural fabrics appreciate the "interaction". Yes it may scratch a little but it is warm and cozy.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:41 PM
Continued from page 141

Trista walked over the bridge and to the mansion. It was eerily beautiful, made of stone with many gables and turrets like a small castle. It can't be abandoned she thought, the house and grounds were well kept. Why would anyone live here though if things came out of a portal from here. She walked to the front and saw double doors of heavy carved wood. Slowly they opened with a loud creak. She stepped through cautiously. "Hello? is anyone home?" To the left was a large room with an exquisite marble fireplace and to her relief, it was lit. The chill had set in her bones and she was ever so grateful for the warmth it provided as well as light. Candles were lit upon the mantle which helped as well.

Tick tock, tick tock went the tall Grandfather clock that stood in the corner of the room. There was a distant sound of a piano. It sounded like a child might be trying to play it, or maybe a cat ran across it for all she knew. Then there were odd clanking and knocking sounds. Trista didn't know if these were the normal sounds of an old house or something sinister. She almost jumped out of her skin when an elderly gentleman rose from a high back chair. Seeing only the back, she had no idea someone was actually sitting in it. The old man with gnarled hands leaned heavily upon a black cane. The cane was unusual and had the carving of a dragon all around it. The eyes were glowing red jewels. "I'm sorry Sir, the doors were open and I called out but no one answered. I didn't mean to intrude, I was just..." She didn't get to finish her sentence. The spectral figure walked past her with indolence and silence and then disappeared through the walls.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:48 PM

The socks and sweater sound amazing Wis! I have tried so many times, but wool makes me scratch like crazy! I love angora or cashmere if I can find them cheap in a second hand store.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:24 PM
Continued from above]

The howling wolves were getting closer now. She ran to close the heavy double doors just in time. They scratched at the doors trying to find a way in. There was also scratching sounds from within the house. It sounded like they were coming from behind the walls. Maybe it was squirrels she thought, or raccoons who somehow found a hole somewhere and got in. "Hello? is anyone home? Is anyone here? I need help!" The young girl waited, but no one answered. Suddenly she could hear foot steps quickly running up the stairs. She followed the sound and spotted the hem of a long white dress and bare feet at the top of the steps and running along the hall upstairs. "Wait, I need to speak to you! I need help!" She cried out.

She ran as quickly as she could and the young woman in white turned into one of the rooms. She could hear her mournful cries. It was so pitiful. Trista entered the room and saw the young woman holding what appeared to be a sleeping baby then dropped it to the ground and ran out of the room. Trista could hear the porcelain shatter as it hit the ground. It was just a doll. "Wait! I won't hurt you. It's ok, come back!" She followed the young woman to another room where she found the woman sitting in a chair in front of an antique desk. She dipped a quill into an ink bottle and scratched something onto parchment paper before handing it to Trista and disappearing into thin air. Trista read the words. They said, "GET OUT!" Then she heard a disembodied voice shout those very words. "GET OUT!!!!!"

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:02 PM
Continued from above

Trista screamed when someone touched her. "Oh for Autumn's sake, relax, it's just me." Trista could see the Autumn Queen and hugged her so tight Leaf could hardly breathe. "Ok, ok, you're not alone, it's spooky as hell in here and now maybe we should leave here like your ethereal friend told you to do. Yes?" "Leaf you are right about a portal. I have seen two spirit figures in here, but surely someone lives here. There are no cobwebs anywhere and everything is well kept both inside and out. We can't just leave! My people have been disappearing and we need to find out what happened to them!"

Leaf rolled her eyes. "I knew you were going to be trouble the minute I saw you. If you stay here, surely you will end up missing like all the rest. Is that what you want? I can't stay here with you, I don't belong inside buildings, I belong out in nature and there are things I must attend to." Trista grabbed Leaf's arm. "No, you can't just leave me here like this alone and...afraid." The Autumn Queen laughed. "Good act, but not good enough kiddo. If you were afraid, you would have left after the first ghost appeared. You would have left after seeing the crazy lady who turned out to be a ghost as well. You don't run from ghosts and you don't run from crazy, so that means only one thing."

"And what might that be?" asked Trista. "It means that YOU are the crazy one! Now let's go." Strange sounds echoed throughout the house, whispers, screams and things crashing and falling all around them. "Are you scared now?" asked Leaf. Trista clung to Leaf. "Yes! But...we can't leave! Not once have you tried to help the people of the forest. Why is that?" she demanded. The Autumn Queen sighed. "I don't really like people very much and it's not my job to make sure they don't enter places they shouldn't be entering. They have minds of their own and refuse to use them sometimes. It kind of gets on my nerves, like you're doing right now."

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:16 AM
Im really digging these stories. They are top quality work!!!!!

Heres an old one

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:52 AM
a reply to: visitedbythem

I'm enjoying all the stories too Rider! Your turn!

Oh wow cool, I haven't heard that song in ages! Brings back memories of my youth.

I wanted so badly to continue sleeping this morning, but I'm going out later to run errands and have lunch with my friend like I do every Tuesday. I suppose I should make an effort to get dressed. No...more coffee first!

Greetings Sheddites of the shed and lurkers!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:00 AM
Howdy. Coffee sounds good. I finally got some good instant stuff. It's Maxwell House (kind of expensive) and has a nice caffeine kick to it.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:24 AM
Hey guys!
Night Have fun out today!
Skid I have yet to find an instant coffee that I can drink, they just don't taste the same

Today is another work day from Hell! I work with idiots!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:28 AM
a reply to: Martin75

I'm in I.T. - I've had to deal with plenty of PEBKAC's and ID-ten-T errors in my time.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:28 AM
Whoops! DP
edit on 10-11-2016 by PrairieShepherd because: Double post

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:34 AM
a reply to: PrairieShepherd
Cool I didn't realize! Then that makes 3 Shedites. Enroll, you, and I! I work as a server administrator at a community hospital.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:39 AM
Hi Skiddy! Nescafe Taster's Choice is a good one.

Hi Jess! Funny pics! LOL! Hopefully your day won't be as bad as you think it will be. Hope not anyway.

Hi Shep!

new topics

<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>