It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 11

page: 148
<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Right then, flock of dragons incoming!
In the meantime, here's another bit about the dutiful protector and his reluctant protectee...
Continued from page 143...

Dawn broke clear over the waves of Greygate Bay, pink and orange rays bathing the very tops of the walls of the Tulvar. He was in the Gull’s Roost, a little-used area off of the Water Wall and under Sea Tower. On one side the bay stretched forever, and on the other, the Water Bailey lay quiet in early morning shadow. Sunlight on the Tulvar made the stones glow orange, the fiery guardian of Avaanse.

Stripped to his waist in morning air that was already warm, he spun and cut, stepped and blocked. Over and over he performed the third drill of a’karana. The Gull’s Roost was open, with nothing to impede the procession of stance or movement. A sheen of sweat covered his shoulders and chest, and drops fell from his hair and chin, flying away when he spun.

By the fifth drill his heart thumped and his breath came quick but steady. He knew this routine, he performed it every morning before the herald sounded Manae.
Joen, who sometimes accompanied him here, was still sleeping. That was a bit unusual, but not unheard of. A boy of fifteen still grew, and sometimes Joen did not rouse when Gaalen woke. Remembering his own teenage years, he let the boy sleep this morning. He would wake him at Manae for morning sparring if Joen was not up by then.

He was into the fourth iteration of the sixth drill when he realized he was not alone. The sun was high enough now that when he stepped into the light the shadows beneath the wall were almost impenetrable from the glare in his eyes. He squinted but could not make out any details about the figure, other than the person sat, back against the Sea Tower wall, on top of a crenellation. He thought it was wearing white.

As he passed into the shadows again, he caught a clearer glimpse. Seeress Meron sat cross-legged on the crenellation, hands on her knees, eyes closed. She was completely motionless, balanced precariously with a one-hundred-fifty foot drop to the rocks and water on her right.

Surprised, he stopped for water from a leather skin, then restarted the last iteration of the sixth. The a’karana exercise was nine repetitions of nine drills, and for the entirety of the seventh, eighth, and ninth drills, Gaalen did not detect any motion out of her except her dark hair blown slightly by a gentle breeze off the water. Shaking his head slightly, he gathered his shirt, waterskin, practice sword and maar staff, then headed back into the Sea Tower door.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

LOL! Thanx but I just realized it is Not a Unicorn with wings, but just a Pegasus... Alas. I try. I really do!! LOL!!

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

oppies..sorry night...maybe get it all together and put them in drawers that are small...an then lable each one..i am going ot be working on this once i get things where i want them...i will send you a picture of my room..syx has to get his camera out of the truck first..and then i will show all my room and the stuff that are still in boxes or totes...its so much way to much..i freak out at times as i go through it all..its like are these boxes breeding or what is going on..as i get one box empty there is like three more added its crazy..there are times i just sit and cry over all the stuff i have..hope your day is great...

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Good deal! Is it going to be for storage or are you going to use it as a work shop?

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

man now i want some lucky charms..will get some later maybe..not sure how long its been since i had them..thanks..lol..

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I was thinking of storage mainly, but might make part of it a small shop... Best of both worlds that way!!

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

CC Hun, Here ya go. Maybe use it for now?

edit on 10-10-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Shep, I love your story! Great writer! You should ask for writer's status. Point them to your story entries here! Wow!

CC, Um...my draws are stuffed! One draw has things like ribbon and lace and decorative things like little silk flowers to tie into ribbons onto a gift bag, scotch tape, scissors, glue gun...LOL Beautiful avatar you have there!

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

its all ok hun..you make it i will use it ok..until you can get one unicorn flying...so love the things you made me and give me..they all mean alot to me...maybe thats why i cant get rid of any thing..

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You make great avatars Syx! Will your shed have pixies in them?

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Look up hun. There is a flying Uni there for now...

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
They're magically delicious.

Either way is cool. Knowing me if I had one I'd turn it into a game/work room for both playing the games I downloaded and for building things to play on; that is if I actually had a gaming group lol.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Of course there will be Pixies there!
They will be My helpers!
But as you know how they are, they will be into plenty of mischief too!!!

( I can write about them maybe here, for updates and stuff?! LOL!!
)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

You know what they say Brother. Build it, and they will come!!

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

then go and buy a new storage thing..i have like two of them and have my scrap book stuff in them..and with whats one them..you know the units are white and have like 5 or 6 drawers its all plastic..i think they are like maybe 20 bucks for them..plus i have a dresser full of book and other things..and a small thing with like 20 drawers in it..its small but i so love it..and all the colors of the drawers i will also send pictures of the things i am talking about ok...getting my but up now and do some work..ok now where in the heck do i start at..WOW....i will be back and forth form here as i take alot of breaks so i dont hurt..

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
That's what the movie said lol.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Syx, yes I would love to hear about updates on your home shed's pixies. LOL

Skid, I haven't had lucky charms since I was a kid and that was a very long time ago. I remember "they're magically delicious." LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

yes they sure are..very magically...they are going on my shopping list..haha..what shopping list..i just buy what ever...well unless i need can goods then i write them down...LOL...

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I'm laughing. I have two of those in a closet with Seasonal clothing stored in them. In my bedroom I have decorative floral boxes in different sizes stacked with craft supplies and one with just seashells. I also have a chest with all my jewelry making supplies...beads, crystals, wire, sea glass, jewelry glue, beading thread and needles, a bead weaving loom etc. It's hopeless I tell you. LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

no syx...its for storage and not other stuff...STORAGE...you can put a dragon on the back side after you paint a tree on the left side of the shed...i dont care what you put on it after my tree...lol..and there are not going to be any parties in the shed either...just os i covered that as well...yes i am a mean person..but hey i have to keep you in line as i know what you would do...lol..

top topics

<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join