It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am starting to use (C) on social media posts, and why you should too

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: thinline

Where is (A) and (B)?

And with that one post, you virtually wrecked every Hillary supporter. I will no longer read another post by them. They are dead to me. Damn buddy. You just totally won the grand prize of king of the ATS posts for the year.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I would like it if you would not jump to conclusions about me and portraying me as a SJW, keyboardwarrior and what not because of my opinion. Because it has nothing to do with me defending the scumbag, that´s what you don´t understand.

Overusing a shortcut (and that´s exactly what you do, when you use it out of context) because it´s convenient to make a point is lazy and juvenile. It´s nothing more than beating on a single topic and does not help your case but makes you think you´re in fact accomplishing something, when you´re not.

Test it in real life. Bring up the topic everytime. See how many people will listen and talk to you in a few weeks.
And to bring that to a single point, YOU are the keyboardwarrior in this case.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
(C)

"(C)" this is the symbol that Hillary Clinton said she didn't recognize as "Classified" Even thought the Hackavists have shown that she utilized the "(C)" THOUSANDS of times.

Where? Can you please direct me to an email where Hillary Clinton has used the (c) demarcation?

You say THOUSANDS..

Show me one..originated by Hillary Clinton.

Cuz FACTS MATTER...REALITY MATTERS...THE TRUTH MATTERS

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

If I, in private business, had done what she did with confidential memos related to transactions, I'd have been lucky not to be prosecuted...I'd have certainly lost my job. ...and I've handled very confidential international business paperwork many times.

Why is it she's qualified to be President, again? The fact that she, supposedly an intelligent woman, well educated, experienced, screwed up like this?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

If I, in private business, had done what she did with confidential memos related to transactions, I'd have been lucky not to be prosecuted...I'd have certainly lost my job. ...and I've handled very confidential international business paperwork many times.

If right now...your every internet communication was examined over the past several years by hundreds of investigators with the aim of firing you...you would lose your job.

Ditto for any politician in DC. 3 emails out of 30k...and talking about Drones...as if they were actually a TS subject.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Junkheap
If I didn't know first hand what that person's intention was, I'd think with that they were claiming copyright on all their posts

That is what it means....

Because the © symbol has long been unavailable on typewriters and ASCII-based computer systems, it has been common to approximate this symbol with the characters (C).

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes.

If it's a classified document, it should have a title page with classification markings spelled out on a cover page and/or at the top & bottom of the document.

Nobody that I know of abbreviates it, save for referencing it elsewhere. (ex: UC Blahblahblah for unclassified item)
edit on 15Sat, 10 Sep 2016 15:23:54 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago9 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

My utterances on ATS are of equal importance as the handling of classified/confidential documents by people we trust with the security of our nation? Somehow, I doubt it.

While some of them are doubtless of profound importance, to me, most are not. I'm fairly certain that the same can not be said about classified/confidential e-mails at the State Dept.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

My utterances on ATS are of equal importance as the handling of classified/confidential documents by people we trust with the security of our nation? Somehow, I doubt it.

No...I think that the context of the unprecedented scrutiny that HRC was the subject of...multiple congressional investigations that were indisputably politically motivated make a few emails out of 30,000 plus and several years inconsequential. More resources and time have delved into HRC's emails than was dedicated to the 9-11 commission.

I think any politician whose emails for the last 3 years were made public and scrutinized by the FBI would very likely be out of a job.

I am not concerned at all..in the least...about Hillary Clinton's competency as POTUS.

I do not like her...but objective thinking and facts matter.

Having followed the investigation closely soup to nuts...all I see is politically motivated hyperbole.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

That's still only your opinion and not a fact. As much as people love to repeat it.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

You've finally figured it out. My opinion.

I care not in the slightest if you agree with it or not. Feel free to do either.

My opinion about Clinton is based on the last two decades of watching her behaviour, and attitudes. I don't like her. I don't trust her. She's as dishonest a politician as has ever polluted the political scene--and considering some of her competition for that august title, that's sayin' something.

Feel free to agree or disagree as you choose.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

And?

I don't trust her. It is, as has been so helpfully pointed out to me, my opinion. I care not whether you agree or not.

Congressional hearings. Really? Like I'm going to trust them to figure anything out? They can't balance a checkbook...and we're supposed to believe men and women who are, many of them, dumber than a box o' rocks.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

You've finally figured it out. My opinion.

I care not in the slightest if you agree with it or not. Feel free to do either.

My opinion about Clinton is based on the last two decades of watching her behaviour, and attitudes. I don't like her. I don't trust her. She's as dishonest a politician as has ever polluted the political scene--and considering some of her competition for that august title, that's sayin' something.

Feel free to agree or disagree as you choose.

Such a condescending tone, and from a moderator as well.

Strange to have an opinion that uses the word certainly in it. It's almost like you are trying to portray it as fact.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Why would he not be able to use "certainly" while voicing his opinion, please explain. I see nothing strange with it.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Why would he not be able to use "certainly" while voicing his opinion, please explain. I see nothing strange with it.

Not sure why I need to explain this to you, i'm not your teacher and I certainly don't care if you see nothing strange with it or not.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I did not demand it, I politely asked. If you don´t care, why even point it out? You certainly see something strange in it, or not?

Then this:

... i'm not your teacher. Strange to have an opinion that uses the word certainly in it. It's almost like you are trying to portray it as fact.

What is it? "almost trying to portray it as fact". That´s some nonesense. Last time I looked in the dictionary, certainly is also used to express an estimated outcome based on what you know. A synonym of certainly is surely. You´re welcome, Mr. I´m-not-your-teacher.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
How about "c" for "colored"? Would that be so deplorable. #LoserTrump

"C" For "Colored"

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I mistakenly typed (c) while writing an essay this past winter, I'm like "cool I figured out how to type the copyright symbol." Now I'm learning from ats that (C) has 2 meanings. Also a poster stated (c) = confidential and lowest security, does that mean a copyright claim is low security; meaning it can be overridden?
edit on 11-9-2016 by Teeky because: word

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Your OP is built on the false premise that the (C) stood for "Classified" when in reality, AKA The REAL WORLD, it stood for Confidential. There's a big difference between the two classifications...

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Just want to clarify for everyone:

[C] stands for Confidential

[S] stands for Secret

[TS] stands for Top Secret

C does not mean classified.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Not even Trump understands it. [c] = confidential

Donald Trump Twitter post link