It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does ANYTHING exist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
That is exactly the point, flange gasket...the Deity is dreaming us, and we are no more than a small scum on some of It's parts.
But we're such magnificant manifestations of It's imagination, aren't we?

[edit on 27-1-2005 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I am now already fifty years old, and it just like yesterday. Wonder, what will happen when you die? It is just like yesterday before you die!

See, there is no different either you are 1 year old or 100 years old, it is only yesterday. Beleive it or not?

If you look carefully, your existence is actually eat up by yesterday and end up with non-existence (tomorrow). Whatever, tomorrow and yesterday are two extremes of non-existences. Yesterday was extinct existence and tomorrow is non-existence.

Bottom line is that our future is to die (non-existence).

What really exist?

Simple, existence without yesterday and tomorrow. What is it?

Why we have yesterday and tommorrow?

Because we have beginning and ending plus the mind/soul. The mind and soul may not have ending but our physical body do. But how to prove mind and soul exist?

Our body decays and become non-existence similar to dinosaurs and might be the universe, too.

The true/absolute existence is our mind and soul that being created by the greatest existence (Timeless - no beginning and ending but exist)

Well, our believe must have basis on the above understanding rather than simply blindly believe on anything or whatever you think.

The only thing exist is nothing and everything else physical that we see and touch are temporary existence which could be gone!

What remains forever is nothingness i.e mind, soul, timeless etc.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
'Breath In, and Breath Out'...is this realilated to the Big Bang theory...

Is that what God (Universal Mind) is doing...?

I think the String Theory or M-Theory thing is getting Close to answer some of the question about existence...Even about God in some form or another...

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
anyone ever read that book
The Tao of Physics?

its great book indeed (find it in the science section)

well,
basically the book shows that

Modern Physics and Eastern Philosophy are exactly the same thing
just modern physics offers Numbers and Calculations
whereas Eastern Philosophy is simply a verbal statement

but an interesting point it makes

You cannot distinguish a Physicist from a Eastern Mystic by simply reading their statements

It then lists many statements , and you can "guess" if it was by a Modern Physicist or by a Eastern Mystic

You cannot distinguish them because they are exactly the same logic

reading the quotes and guessing who said it is fun!

its really amazing , because i would say "eastern mystic" and it then says "Fermi said that" and then i think "oh a physicist said this particular quote" and they it shows it was actually made by a Eastern Mystic

Its a really wonderful feeling once u realize that Science is just a deeper form of our original thoughts from ages ago

ill find the book and post a few examples up for everyone in case they dont have access to the great book
you should all give it a swing its really a Fun Read

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I always felt that the notion that we are God observing itself to be a good one. Haven’t found anything that really makes more sense during my stay in this existence.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Because I told it to, oops that defies logic I couldnt tell it to exist if it didnt already exist, my best answer:
Because it just does, its best not to think of such things, at the end of the day all you've got out of thinking about ti is a headache.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I support the idea of creation? I can get back to the point of the first "idea" or "notion" that there is going to be something, but going before this point I don't have an answer. I go on the idea that there was "nothing" before there was "something." Interesting thing to think of indeed. This is "pre-creation" stuff.

But, I can say that relying soley on the physical sciences to explain why everything exists completely misses the actual beginning of everything. Because if your explanation starts directly at the first molecule or big bang, without looking backward to what created that first molecule, then you missed a step. You missed creation.

Troy

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join