It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Interrupts Catholic Prayer….

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
To the group praying though it would have certainly been distracting and rude.

What if someone did not like hearing their praying? Should they go over and cold cock them?

Bingo. I personally found it incredibly pretentious and nauseating.

Funny that both of you seem to be responding to the response in this video as intolerant. Or at least that's how I take it. Yet you counter it with, who'd a guess it... Intolerance. Mankind has a long way before we grow up. Calling someone's praying pretentious and nauseating. That's disgusting, and I'm not even religious.

I never said they shouldnt do what they do
I never said they should be banned
I think its pretentious and therefore nauseating. not them praying, but the theatre they are makign of it. Clearly just for attention. I dont like people like that. There is NO need to pray like this in the middle of the street. Christians dont do that normally.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

" So far all I have received is faux outrage and accusations against my character and let me tell you I'm not prone to listening to people who speak to me that way. "

the last sentence of your op essentially calls for violence, so my outrage is real.

and, the whining... are you a man or a boy?

Are you relevant? Bye Felicia!

link   

link   
So I listened with my volume all the way down. I didn't see anything that warranted the violence I saw. Having my volume turned up wouldn't change that I would wager.

I am a Christian and that is not one in that video.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014
Ähem. You know that I`m actually thinking like you? I was just stating, that just because one has the right to do something, itś not the right thing to do! Please re-read my post with that in mind.

People jump to fast to conclusions. You have to take my post in the context it's written, not standalone.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

It surely isnt christian behaviour. However it would take a lot to let watching your spiritual leader have his throat slit during mass just roll off. Pretty sure that kind of thing can create some irrational behavior in even the average person. Even a judge takes stuff like that in account when sentencing

The real sick thing imo is using this video as a victory lap. It should be a point of embarrassment not somwthing to praise.

If something else had been going on off this clip like the guy was continually bothering them its irrelevant at this point.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
I'll quote it again.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities

As I have a difficult time even smashing a bug, I doubt it.

But I have seen how "average" citizens have been able to do the most horrendous things. And I certainly don't see myself as any better than average. So I always keep in mind that I need be vigilant hence the evil may creep in.
edit on 2-9-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

You only point it out for the purpose of injecting racism and virtue signaling that YOU are not a witch...er Racist. If it were a white guy being punched, you wouldn't mention skin color.

WTF ??? ??? Have you read my other posts on this thread? You get it all wrong! Try to read before you lash out on me, thank you.

edit on 2-9-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

It surely isnt christian behaviour. However it would take a lot to let watching your spiritual leader have his throat slit during mass just roll off. Pretty sure that kind of thing can create some irrational behavior in even the average person. Even a judge takes stuff like that in account when sentencing

The real sick thing imo is using this video as a victory lap. It should be a point of embarrassment not somwthing to praise.

If something else had been going on off this clip like the guy was continually bothering them its irrelevant at this point.

I see hate in that video. Hate for a man he doesnt even know. The same hate that had him on his knees on that sidewalk.

2 victories for evil.
edit on 2-9-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Holding onto hate is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: PandaPrincess

Really? I could be wrong so feel free to correct me but I am fairly certain that the J-Man said 'turn the other cheek' not 'slug the guy in his'.

You can only turn th eother cheek so many times though. And Yes that Phrase is always used out of context to say that CHristians should let people abuse them when its clearly not So. it is meant for VERBAL INSULTS and slights.(which this moron was doing only btw with is music i agree) but even so Eye for a EYE APPLIES because you know what would had went on If the christians interrupted a muslim the same way.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

I see hate in that video. Hate for a man he doesnt even know. The same hate that had him on his knees on that sidewalk.

2 victories for evil.

Agreed, which is why the word that Jesus preached was truly revolutionary. What others see as weakness (turn the other cheek), I see as almost supernatural strength. It is also a way in which to offer the offender a way in which to either turn from evil or to completely embrace it (imagine striking an offered cheek, vs being confronted with your own evil and therefore ending it).
edit on 2-9-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

I'm an agnostic. I believe that the one things humans share is that we are all wrong in some way, including me. I personally am not religious, but I won't classify myself as an atheist. Reason being doing so actually makes your ideology similar to theirs. Their praying on the street (while I wouldn't and don't necessarily understand it, or that man's response) has nothing to do with me. Projecting your lack of belief is like them projecting theirs and is not conducive to today's environment.

One thing I always have liked about Christianity though I am not a follower is the idea of true evangelism of Jesus. He said to walk with love and compassion, speak of him when asked. Your lifestyle, confidence and demeanor should envoke a curiosity of your beliefs by other people. Of course paraphrased.

If you had reworded your statement I may have agreed with you, and your belief may have been more appealing to others. Not trying to knock you, beneath the veneer of shock value I can see your point, refine your approach and I agree.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Well yes, and that may be true. But having your elderly priest's throat slit during service is how these things get started from purely a psychological evaluation.

The hate you are seeing is that this is being used as propaganda.

Just as a philosophical example if your kid was raped and you shoot the guy before he goes to trial that is a different thing than shooting a man for fun

Just read about this example sorry for the dramatic example.
edit on 2-9-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Attitudes will improve when Muslims stop beheading and blowing up innocent people and when their moderate elements hold them accountable and sanction them.

Moderate Muslims have proven they're full of hot air. All they do is talk. There is no concrete action which, in my view, equals consent.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian
Are there rules on ATS about advocating random violence?

Because the OP's description of the video doesn't comport with what I saw happen.

Do you feel you were "microaggressed" in your "safe space"?

Welcome to the real world. People have opinions that won't always agree with yours.

Not at all. But stupid posts that go out of their way to misrepresent what's shown aren't 'opinions' - they're picking a fight for the sake of advocating the unprovoked violence seen.

You going to accuse me of being a snowflake now?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

Tacid consent?

There are entire armies fighting isis so thats off base.

There isnt all the much "concrete action" you can do other than promote different ideals and persuade followers to follow them.

And if you wait for the other side in any conflict your giving tacid support of the ongoing conflict.
edit on 2-9-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
With the description provided, I fully expected a guy to roll up behind them with a boombox on his shoulder, see they were praying, then proceed to crank up the volume and begin break dancing or something.

Kinda like this, but with malicious Muslim intent..

After watching the video, I just see another white guy hitting a black guy. What was he doing, just waiting for someone to hit? We are to pray for and seek peace if at all possible... Not hit random people because we don't like how they look.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Your title is misleading.

It was an African migrant.

You bunch of wannabe Christ-like, pu**y keyboard (backward) crusaders haven't got better thing to do!
edit on 2-9-2016 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join