It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Man Interrupts Catholic Prayer….

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: Whereismypassword

My point is, why pretend to not see "a black guy"? What sense does it make? Itś this PC crap again.
The difference is, I see he's black. People are different. I don't fear pointing it out. Because it's as normal as me being white. It's just shows his prejudice and with that, the reason why this thread exists.

He's trying to pull his head out of this, now. But failed.

Quoted for agreement. Everyone sees a black guy
Just like if the video was shot in Sierra Leone and it was one white guy amongst the locals, we would all see a white guy.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

If they dont like it, DONT PRAY IN THE STREET morons

On the other hand, if the puncher had asked friendly, the one may have left silently. Of course it's his right to stand there, but there is a saying:

Having the right to something, does not mean it's the right thing.
This goes vice versa of course. Tolerance.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Well i get that for sure. There are many far right people here. Like everyone outraged a private catholic university is allowing decendants of the 200 slaves that built the school to have priority admissions.

The other side though are the regreesive left to quote Newaz. People who refuse to recognize the human reaction to radical extremism. Or that its happening in reality at an alarming rate. Instead choosing to say "well chritians were bad 300 years ago too". That doesnt help anyrhing at all. I personally choose to try and prop up moderate islam though we have had our wars before about this. For imstance me saying whahabi muslims are holding the faith back from peoples image of Islam.

Its a mess, people drew lines in the sand and just defend their positions without trying to resolve actual problems.

Like the right wing adding fuel to peoples fears (which some fear is justified by all the attacks)

Or the extreme left pretending nothing is wrong.

And i completely understand moderate muslims are being targeted and killed at a much higher rate by extremists.
edit on 2-9-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

(post by JaMeDoIt removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
Go for it...a hard right will bring most rag heads back from the left to face god with correct mind...and they said the french were wimps...not!
Cheers

I expect a gentle breeze would do the same to you

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Seemed like a savage, brutal and unproved attack.

Not sure whats worse, the viciousness displayed in the video or the barbarians trying to justify it.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Tensions are very high here in the UK, I take my mother in law to the Mosque every Friday for prayers, I then pick her up afterwards (I'm not a Muslim myself) and I've done this for years as she has got older. Today I'm standing there in Hanwell outside the mosque watching all the folk come out with most being Somali which means I'm pretty much the only light skinned person so lets say I stick out. Suddenly a young Somali man comes up to me and says "what are you staring at?", I looked down at him and said "I'm waiting for my mother in law to come out of the mosque", "oh", he says, "I thought you were here for trouble", "no, not in the slightest" I said. At this point 4 of his friends surround me and he says "Nah, he says he's here t pick up his mother in law from the Mosque, that's sick man".

I looked at them and shook my head...

Now you can take the "sick" comment one of two ways, the street way which actually is a positive as in "that's good" or the normal way which is to deride the fact a large white guy was out side a Muslim mostly Somali Mosque so must have been there for trouble..

I've stood outside there for years, not many people ever speak to me but its been 99% kindly when they do, now I am tall, white, have a clean shaven short hair look as you can see from my picture (apart from the height) and thanks to pain I can tend to grimace but I'm a kind person, a bit of a gentile giant if you will, but these lads were looking to intimidate before they were told I was there for my Muslim in law, that tells me its very close to kicking off and the more Radical people tend to be in your face at the drop of a hat and people are getting tired of that.

Oh, I can also say that in all my time picking my mother in law up I've never seen the Far Right any where near the Mosque either protesting or just being idiots, its a very Asian / Somali area, the point being, no one is going there to annoy these people, they are simply looking for there to be trouble where none is, the biggest fear the people of all types need to fear on the road the Mosque is are the traffic wardens, they are like vultures, thankfully many of they actually pray in the Mosque so when its let out time you get a 10 min chance to pick up people without hassle..

Seriously though, the tension is very high and I do fear that it won't take much for either side to fight for one reason or the next..

Paul..

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Not ONCE has anybody who started those threads apologised

Apologize??? That's not going to happen, not after the way I have been attacked and spoken to by people who do not agree with me. I'm dug in now and those who think they know me and proclaim this or that or go out of your way to offend/insult me are no better than me. You disagree so you grab torches and pitch forks and make your snide little comments like your any better. All I did was post a video with an article and took the stance of believing the article and for that I have been attacked vehemently and by many. Well the joke is on you all because I have thick skin and no concern for the opinions of strangers. I do however like to play devils advocate from time to time and take a hard stance on a controversial subject for the purpose of keeping my writing/debating skills sharp or at least practiced.

You judge me based on a post and with no real insight into who I am or how I live my life. I'm actually the most chill and generous person you could meet. I hate bullies, love animals, nature, my friends and family. I felt like debating and today I knew that this would strike a cord which meant good practice for me. Some of you though need to calm down and stop taking everything so personally and casting judgment as if your worthy to do so.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Ok we understand your thick skin matches your thought processing abilities and your just here to troll

Bravo

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

That was uncalled for! Peaceful Christians eh? Not so much!

Dang Wind you probably said something to yourself about how the catholic priest had it coming some how some way.

And wow look at all the calls for sympathy and understanding towards Muslims when some of them go about butchering.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

Not ONCE has anybody who started those threads apologised

Apologize??? That's not going to happen, not after the way I have been attacked and spoken to by people who do not agree with me. I'm dug in now and those who think they know me and proclaim this or that or go out of your way to offend/insult me are no better than me. You disagree so you grab torches and pitch forks and make your snide little comments like your any better. All I did was post a video with an article and took the stance of believing the article and for that I have been attacked vehemently and by many. Well the joke is on you all because I have thick skin and no concern for the opinions of strangers. I do however like to play devils advocate from time to time and take a hard stance on a controversial subject for the purpose of keeping my writing/debating skills sharp or at least practiced.

You judge me based on a post and with no real insight into who I am or how I live my life. I'm actually the most chill and generous person you could meet. I hate bullies, love animals, nature, my friends and family. I felt like debating and today I knew that this would strike a cord which meant good practice for me. Some of you though need to calm down and stop taking everything so personally and casting judgment as if your worthy to do so.

You are attacked because you LIED. And then lied some more, then some more for good measure.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I was gonna come In here saying f-(k ya!

But, then I saw the video. That was kind of messed up.

link   
Thread about violent Muslims on ATS: THEY ARE SAVAGES, THAT IS NO RELIGION OF PEACE, JIHADIST ARE SCUM, ALL MUSLIMS ARE VIOLENT, EVIL, AND SHOULD BE FEARED

Thread about violent Christian on ATS: Good for him, That's what he gets for interrupting prayer, The Soldiers for Christ are Awesome, All Christians should act like this, Christians are good people...he was just defending his beliefs.

Not hypocritical or bigoted at all...

link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
You judge me based on a post

No, I judge you because you OBVIOUSLY made a mistake (by buying, hook, line and sinker, the premise of a story on a far-right wing political site) and are supremely unwilling to admit it, but instead, double down and stick to a story that is clearly not representative of the video in question.

Yes, you owe the board an apology and a "mea culpa", but I won't hold my breath.
edit on 9/2/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Seemed like a savage, brutal and unproved attack.

Not sure whats worse, the viciousness displayed in the video or the barbarians trying to justify it.

You must ask yourself as do many others how they would fell if the situation was reversed?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

If they dont like it, DONT PRAY IN THE STREET morons

On the other hand, if the puncher had asked friendly, the one may have left silently. Of course it's his right to stand there, but there is a saying:

Having the right to something, does not mean it's the right thing.
This goes vice versa of course. Tolerance.

What on earth are you talking about. The guy was just standing there

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
I cant imagine how giddy and excited you guys get when you find a new video showing muslims in a bad light.

With trembling hands, posting on ATS...fueling the division, the hatred...

but hey, dont let me stop you.

How does that show Muslims in a bad light at all? All I noticed is some people praying and one psychotic asshole going berzerk.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Oh bull. Some of us may be spending to much time on here calling for apologies. Which you are not really. More like recantations in front of high council. Besides I know from being on here a while how some of you hypocrites really feel with you fake indignation and what not.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
Thread about violent Muslims on ATS: THEY ARE SAVAGES, THAT IS NO RELIGION OF PEACE, JIHADIST ARE SCUM, ALL MUSLIMS ARE VIOLENT, EVIL, AND SHOULD BE FEARED

Thread about violent Christian on ATS: Good for him, That's what he gets for interrupting prayer, The Soldiers for Christ are Awesome, All Christians should act like this, Christians are good people...he was just defending his beliefs.

Not hypocritical or bigoted at all...

I disagree with the man's actions 100%. Most Christians would agree. But if you were to actually read this thread, non-Christians are calling Chistians violent, hypocritical, and perpetuating another type of hatred.. and this includes your own post.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Even at that its not much.....a guy getting punched. A Muslim punching someone wouldn't even be news. Wouldn't even make it as news with all their carryings on.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join