It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Interrupts Catholic Prayer….

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
It was at this moment augustus.

It was?

What did you see or hear in that video that justified that violent clown's behavior?

edit on 2-9-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religious nutter

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: zosimov
I saw a video on a fundamental Christian family who would go protest at the funerals of slain soldiers-basically saying they deserved getting killed for fighting in an unholy war or something. Now if someone had punched them, there would be many willing to justify that punch no?

You are referring to the Westboro Baptist Church who, while they are a group of vile scumbags, has every right to protest and there is no right to violently assault them

Free speech is not about what you agree with.

Yes, exactly. And yet-- do you think that, had someone punched them, there wouldn't be loads of people celebrating?

Free speech often has unintended consequences. Including punches. Which also have consequences. See the vicious cycle? This is why I try to measure my words carefully before I speak.
edit on 2-9-2016 by zosimov because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Why not ? it was most likely paid for by the people he was bothering.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

everything that has brought us to this point.

Do you ask why rats are in a corner or why do they react the way they do once they are there?

It is the nature of rats and corners. Dont put the two together.

link   

[
Yes, exactly. And yet, do you think that, had someone punched them, there wouldn't be loads of people celebrating?

There would and they would be wrong for doing so and I would have no issue defending their rights to free speech. I do not have to like what they are saying to support their rights to free speech.

Free speech often has unintended consequences. Including punches. Which also have consequences. See the vicious cycle? This is why I try to measure my words carefully before I speak.

While I agree that your words have consequences, hence the 'fighting words' exceptions to free speech protection, this was not a case of that from what is depicted in the video.

link   

They dont have any religeous freedom laws in France. They actually were breaking the law praying in public

I think though the fact they are closing the church, and priest was slayed could simply just build rage in someone who may already be hot headed and dealing with ither issues.

I think the focus should be why on earth anybody would use the video as any kind of positive. Humans get violent and as gross as i find the actual punch to the face without any provacation i can see is not nearly as bad as using this video to high five others.

link   
if the police sees the video, the puncher will get arrested, maybe he already has and charged with agression.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Do you ask why rats are in a corner or why do they react the way they do once they are there?

Humans are not rats and can think, reason and react without resorting to baser instincts.

Sadly the violent clown the Original Post chose not to.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Humans are not rats and can think, reason and react without resorting to baser instincts.

Sadly the violent clown the Original Post chose not to.

It depends how much stress they are under, certainly ptsd is a factor watching a very old man have his throat slit in front of you possibly in front of your kids etc.

Not condoning it but using the video for propaganda is far worse than the actual act. It actually seems much more violent to do that.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

[
Yes, exactly. And yet, do you think that, had someone punched them, there wouldn't be loads of people celebrating?

There would and they would be wrong for doing so and I would have no issue defending their rights to free speech. I do not have to like what they are saying to support their rights to free speech.

While I agree that your words have consequences, hence the 'fighting words' exceptions to free speech protection, this was not a case of that from what is depicted in the video.

I imagine you read my entire post, in which I made very clear that I do not condone violence in any form, right? I very much need to make that clear that I am not one of those who agrees with this man's violent reaction.

As for it being completely unprovoked, I'm not so sure, hence my comment about his looking to the left with seemingly mounting agitation.

My point was that many would have loved to see the Westboro idiots punched.. many who are on this thread today, vilifying the Christian, I'd even posit. But that is something I could never proove.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jeroenske
Why not ? it was most likely paid for by the people he was bothering.

Awesome piece of speculation there; 'brown person, therefore on welfare'.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
It depends how much stress they are under, certainly ptsd is a factor watching a very old man have his throat slit in front of you possibly in front of your kids etc.

The man in question did not see the priest get murdered, he is part of a unrecognized fringe religious wacko group.

Not condoning it but using the video for propaganda is far worse than the actual act. It actually seems much more violent to do that.

Which is probably part of the reason the Catholic Church does not recognize these dimbulbs.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
I think the focus should be why on earth anybody would use the video as any kind of positive. Humans get violent and as gross as i find the actual punch to the face without any provacation i can see is not nearly as bad as using this video to high five others.

I agree that they are reprehensible on many different levels.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Didn't post in full. Fudge it. nvm.
edit on 2-9-2016 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I imagine you read my entire post, in which I made very clear that I do not condone violence in any form, right? I very much need to make that clear that I am not one of those who agrees with this man's violent reaction.

I did and I understand your viewpoint.

As for it being completely unprovoked, I'm not so sure, hence my comment about his looking to the left with seemingly mounting agitation.

Even if he were off camera playing music that does not make it justifiable.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Even if he were off camera playing music that does not make it justifiable.

(Hmm dunno why this shows up as your quote!)

Agreed 100%. But we are debating provocation or lack therof. Which is an entirely different subject.
edit on 2-9-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Muslims understand the sword, nothing else.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Agreed 100%. But we are debating provocation or lack therof. Which is an entirely different subject.

Understood and from the video there is no clear or discernable provocation.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
All one needs to know about the mentality of those supporting such violence is in the comments on the youtube video.

There is some serious racist s# on there.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is total trash, and the title is a load of hot garbage. He turned his music up to interrupt prayer? All I saw was a video of a man walking up with what looked to be curiosity. Perhaps he was playing music and that caught the ear of Mr Christian Thug.

So he gets slugged super hard and knocked out cold? And you people support this because of christian persecution? Violence answered with violence? And this is only even IF that guy was being a jerk.

It's funny how the biggest sheep of them all heard into a corner of a site like ATS and really show themselves. This thread is obviously propaganda and goes to show that this site has been taken over by individuals who are suckers.

Deny Ignorance

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join