It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shared Psychosis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Visitor2012

Every time I look at your post, you've added additional points. So I feel compelled to reply to them. Let me make my opinion clear. IN MY OPINION, take it or leave it, If you are talking to your own self, behind the guises of different personalities, as OPPOSED to the act of deliberating with yourself in your own thoughts, I BELIEVE you are mentally ill and highly delusional.

Why are they opposed? That makes no sense. If you are talking to yourself with differing personas, you are in act deliberating with yourself on your own thoughts. You're contradicting yourself. We are not our ego, or our personas, right?

It appears you're the one who needs further integration here, buddy.

You keep shying away from the clear distinction that I made clear from the beginning. It's a matter of self-awareness, or insight, but the act is one and the same. You're either aware that all which is experienced is a reflection of who you are, else you are self-deluded. It has very little to do with surface impressions.
edit on 2-9-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

I've experienced a phenomena I attribute to varying degrees of what I perceive as psychic activity, there are several types of sub-manifestations that I am still struggling to manifest into a full explanation, much more than I can recall here right now due to some chaotic elements still wandering around my conscious mind.

What I perceive to be psychotic (disturbing, disabling, destructive, damaging) is different from a passive, pleasant sensation of interconnections on a nonverbal level, or even when there is speculation of thought transference.

The psychotic element of the psychic aspect is when non-harmonious subconscious thoughts well up that are so powerful and disturbing (usually the result of subjective trauma) that suddenly throws the entire psyche of other individuals out of balance, whether intentionally or subconsciously.

It's almost like a primal layover from the Ancient Brain of a common ancestry, if the initial "event broadcaster" is strong enough it can trigger horrifying primal responses in all co-sympathetic individuals in a varying manner of severity depending on the power of the broadcast range and the density of affective individuals.

In that perspective,

Emapthy.
Co-Sympathy.
Group vulnerability.

Instantaneous survival instinct in the better case, one notices the threat and everyone flees in the case of the hunted.
Tactical advantage in the case of the Hunters.

edit on 9/3/16 by GENERAL EYES because: minor additions, clarification edits

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Why are they opposed? That makes no sense. If you are talking to yourself with differing personas, you are in act deliberating with yourself on your own thoughts. You're contradicting yourself. We are not our ego, or our personas, right?

Ok, I'll bite. This is correct. First of all, thinking and considering different possibilities and options is not the same thing as conversing with multiple personalities in your head.

But let me understand this. Let's say you are deciding which couch to buy for your living room. Me? I think about the couch, if I like the color and style, and how I think it'll look in my house. There aren't differing personas in my head, debating with each other AND me, offering differing opinions from unique sets of personal preferences. There's just a Self, with preferences, likes and dislikes....thinking... weighing and considering possible choices.

But with you, are you saying there's different personalities all communicating and debating like separate entities as you participate in the conversation as yet another entity? Hmmm..

It's a matter of self-awareness, or insight, but the act is one and the same.
You're either aware that all which is experienced is a reflection of who you are.

Not a single thing going on in your psychological mind is a reflection of who/what you are. Your ego perhaps, but not you. You place far too much value and substance on the content of your thoughts to equate it with your own self, the perceiver of them. But that is going into another subject that would completely derail this thread.

edit on 3-9-2016 by Visitor2012 because: Remfoved my criticism of a paradoxical expression since it is actually a term used for convenience of communication. And I used it myself!

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Perfect example of this is truly believing Trump and Clinton are each others opponents and some how it will be different this time

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Psychosis comes in many forms, could be an enduring paranoia or delusion, catatonia, gradiosity, hallucinations etc. Folie a deux tends only to be considered with florid psychotic individuals such as the twins. During heightened psychosis like this, I wonder (from working in an acute in-patient ward rather than research) if heightened suggestibility (for ideas that confirm the individual's enduring beliefs) together with a heightened perception of threat, leads to an extreme level of jumping to conclusions that leads to behaviour that would otherwise seem irrational. If there were two people with similar delusions (in the case of twins, could be through shared environment and perhaps genes) that perceive the same threat and come to the same conclusion, they could both act similarly.

In the past though these folie a deux's could be two people taking the same drugs as well.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I like the ball lightning analogy given earlier.
There is this tremendous positive and negative charge potential between thunderstorm clouds and Earth.

August 29th 2016 was the 190th anniversary of the Catherine and Mary ball lightning incident.
Coincidentally it occurred close to the track of tropical storm Hermine in the gulf of Mexico.
The mast of the British sloop acted as a lightening rod, no one died but the mast exploded down to the deck.
I presume they were able to get another mast, maybe from a tall Oak tree on Grand Isle.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
my apologies if this has been brought up already, but isn't knowledge a form of shared psychosis? I mean, knowledge has arguably a greater impact upon how we perceive reality than any other single thing I can think of. Knowledge is this thing that sits between us and reality, ultimately it is but a psychotic delusion... because knowledge says it will bring us closer to reality... when it only ever drives us further apart...

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Question, did you read about the tromp family, from Australia,before you started this thread?
just curious.

Thanks,

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

Glad someone noticed..
Very spooky Tsunami painting by the daughter..

www.drgeorgepc.com/LossUSSMemphis.html

Has to do with resonance from the "August 29th" date.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

I certainly did hear about the story. I'm from Australia and it's been all over the news last several days, was pretty hard to miss. Though, this was a topic I had been meaning to discuss for a few months now and the Tromp story was the small push I needed to make the thread.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: and14263

I know from spending time around people in psychosis one begins to question one's self (and indeed oneself) - almost experiencing symptoms.

Dysfunctional people drag everyone down with them.

Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
In the middle of the pouring rain...

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: and14263

I know from spending time around people in psychosis one begins to question one's self (and indeed oneself) - almost experiencing symptoms.

Dysfunctional people drag everyone down with them.

Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
In the middle of the pouring rain...

I recognized the lyrics but at first I thought it was from a Janis Joplin song.

Thanks for the refresher.

Marc Cohn

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Song probably has many influences, probably the 3 line lyric pattern came from W.C.Handy

Might be a good history lesson in how the Illuminati operated.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What else is religious belief or racism or other ideologies that one accepts as truth but instead of using it for good or seeing that it has no good in it not only for oneself but for others in drawing such lines and labels by differing ideologies that it makes life more difficult not easier... two people can work together silently and perform a task if that was not the case then communication of ideas would be important. Of course if the work is not creative then the ideas can either help or hinder.

Such things as belief and not reality can move us forward in creativity and also can hold us back...

The acceptance of the creative force as anything other than the creative force we all share is something that can hold us back as evidenced through history nature and the universe itself has the creative force that we have been inspired by since we first started manipulating after adapting to it over a countless amount of time... but for at the very least 6.5 billion years when the sun started heating up the planet thawing the cold and shedding off the darkness.

Life can propagate itself and life can destroy itself some see it as a virus unto itself either way... but yet we still adapt to those adversities or evolve... and if we can't adapt to those adversities or evolve then it means we have either taken the low road or high road of intelligence. Mistaking the unreal for the real.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
More lyrics here : www.freelyrics.org...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join