It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Headings vs Text - A Possible ME Start Date?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

I'm posting new things about the Mandela Effect.

You're posting more examples of people getting names wrong in copy. It's redundant, but I don't mind. Examples are good. Keep them coming.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I would read it if I thought I was mistaking the name.

Are you going to show that link to the hundreds of thousands of people (approx) who know him to be Reeves?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I would read it if I thought I was mistaking the name.

Are you going to show that link to the hundreds of thousands of people (approx) who know him to be Reeves?

I'm sharing that for anyone who finds it interesting. I am under no illusion that you will. Again, that's okay with me. Keep sharing your links.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
By the way, everytime a person tells himself his memory could not possibly be wrong, he could effectively be reinforcing the false memory and actually making it stronger.

From www.spring.org.uk...

4. Recalling memories alters them.

Although it’s a fundamental of memory and recall, the idea that recall alters memories seems intuitively wrong. How can recalling a memory change it? Well, just by recalling a memory, it becomes stronger in comparison to other memories. Let’s run this through an example. Say you think back to one particular birthday from childhood and you recall getting a Lego spaceship. Each time you recall that fact, the other things you got for your birthday that day become weaker in comparison. The process of recall, then, is actually actively constructing the past, or at least the parts of your past that you can remember. This is only the beginning though. False memories can potentially be created by this process of falsely recalling the past. Indeed, psychologists have experimentally implanted false memories. This raises the fascinating idea that effectively we create ourselves by choosing which memories to recall.

edit on 1-9-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
I am under no illusion [..]

I disagree.

I will (obviously) continue to post...

In fact the more we bump this week old thread, the more people I reach, the happier I am.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
I am under no illusion [..]

I disagree.

I will (obviously) continue to post...

In fact the more we bump this week old thread, the more people I reach, the happier I am.

Excellent.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Here is another especially relevant article regarding why misspelled names are so common in journalism and what the industry is trying to do about it these days to mitigate the situation.

News organizations frequently run corrections for misspelled names, and some have misspelled the same name dozens of times. Last week, the Los Angeles Times ran a correction after misspelling Gould’s name in a caption. That was the 47th time since 1985 that the Times has referred to the actor as “Elliot” instead of “Elliott.”

Henry Fuhrmann, assistant managing editor for the copy desks and standards at the Los Angeles Times, said that of 500 or so corrections published this year, about 14 percent have been for misspelled names. This is similar to other news organizations; in 2011, about 20 percent of the Toronto Star's corrections were name-related, while about 16 percent of The New York Times' were.

It’s so easy to check the spelling of names -- especially those of famous people -- and yet we often fail to take this extra step as journalists. We forget to ask for the right spelling, we write the name from memory, we misread our handwritten notes, we’re misled by incorrect sources online, or we assume a name is spelled the “normal way.”

edit on 1-9-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Do you really think all those journalists misspelled the same name - but just in headings, and not the body?

To me that's not the "simplest solution".

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Greggers

Do you really think all those journalists misspelled the same name - but just in headings, and not the body?

To me that's not the "simplest solution".

Yes. It is the simplest solution. And the reasons why have already been discussed in this thread.

So, to you, the simplest explanation is that you've jumped from one timeline to another and somehow all the titles came with you?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Here's another very appropriate article about how the internet can easily be used to reinforce our innate cognitive biases.

Obviously, when one is searching out examples that they specifically feel will support their point as opposed to looking at these effects from a more comprehensive POV, one ends up finding what they are looking for and ignoring the rest.

For example: searching out typos one feels support their feelings about ME, while ignoring how they fit into the schema of typos as a whole.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

just saying i always remembered it because of eminem, never once has he said his name REEVE, maybe its easier to rhyme to,

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: pimptriggs
www.youtube.com...

just saying i always remembered it because of eminem, never once has he said his name REEVE, maybe its easier to rhyme to,

It certainly does rhyme better with trees. Although em has a remarkable ability to make just about any two words sound like they rhyme.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
All I know is spell check did not erase Dolly's braces from the time line so what did?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: fixer1967
All I know is spell check did not erase Dolly's braces from the time line so what did?

Based on discussions in the Dolly thread, there are multiple real-world, present-reality explanations that have not yet been ruled out.

If you really want to get to the bottom of that particular mystery, my advice would be to do some actual investigative journalism and research whether there might have at one time existed regional copies of the film in which braces existed. That's where I would start.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: pimptriggs

Good find! (starred you)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Never mind!

Staff technical glitch!

Carry on!

edit on 9/12/2016 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: fixer1967

Nothing...she never had them. Funny thing is not one pic has ever been shown of her wearing braces...yet she supposedly had them if you ask a ME believer.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: fixer1967

Nothing...she never had them. Funny thing is not one pic has ever been shown of her wearing braces...yet she supposedly had them if you ask a ME believer.

I think only those with absent sternum, heart on the left and no fibula can remember a "past that has been changed".

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

I think only those with absent sternum, heart on the left and no fibula can remember a "past that has been changed".

You actually do not think that. On your timeline everyone has fibulas.. Some of those people with fibulas remember things differently.

< 3
edit on 14-9-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join