It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Headings vs Text - A Possible ME Start Date?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Why are some people assuming that headlines are [were] not proof-read? Of course they are. You don't just slap a headline on an article and off it goes without being checked. Headlines are pivotal to getting the readers' attention by being eye-catching and impactful, so, any spelling errors will be even more apparent.

Clearly, the OP has found qute a few articles where the headline has slipped through unnoticed but this must be down to shoddy attention to detail, not the so-called Mandela Effect. However, kudos to the OP for dilligent work.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I'll just add having made this exact mistake myself from writing a story to then doing the headers and such - there's no spellchecker in HTML code. So it's easy when quickly writing out headers to mess it up.

ETA : The journalism industry is a shell of what it used to be. Writers pump out more articles today with less oversight. Errors in spelling & grammar are the norm. Just look at the most trafficked online newspaper, The Dailymail.co.uk, it's chock-full of basic mistakes. (Also, some editors want dumb mistakes in the copy because they become 'conversation starters' on the comments section).
edit on 30-8-2016 by Jason88 because: Words... missing

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I dont believe in this mandella effect bs.....

but check this... flea with koko the gorilla

Now, is it just me... or did flea already meet koko not so long ago? i dont know why but i remember seeing this video of flea with koko already... i even knew she was gonna hold the strings and the guitar wouldnt play.... im telling u ive seen this video/story before a few days/week ago. and its dated only yesterday.. wtf is going on!

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Maybe it's worth 2¢ if somebody can tie this phenomena to a time-travel story like Titor's. That would be entertaining, and perhaps would explain something that could be considered an effect of converging timelines. It's one of those things of high weirdness, but most things associated are quite minor in the usual scheme of things so it's hard to really pin down.

Other than that, it's probably some kind of error in parsing copy as it's sent from feed sources. And the press feeds themselves aren't always so great. (Despite what Reuters or AP charges for that crap.) Sometimes things get typed up fast in shorthand, and lazy editors don't catch what interns or assistant and layout editors overlook.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
A contact I have in the NSA said that the government was testing rewriting facts on the internet using advanced software. Their assumption was that once we stop using books and rely on the internet for fact-searching, they could essentially rewrite whatever they wanted because their software is fairly powerful. Maybe they are testing it on names.

This doesn't explain how printed books, like the Bernstein Bears, supposedly changed.
edit on 31amWed, 31 Aug 2016 05:18:51 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 31amWed, 31 Aug 2016 05:19:46 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Well my contact in the NSA says that they created the Mandela effect to distract people from taking notice of Nubiru.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I've long suspected the Mandela Effect is caused by the bioenergy waves emanating from Nibiru's cloaking system.

It's still a case of faulty memories only they're caused by the wave energy of a hidden planet.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

The effects of the bioenergy can purportedly be negated by wearing not one, but two bio-flow arm bands.

One on each ear.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Not a good ME evidence in my opinion since there are many more plausible explanations for mis-spellings.

ME is better when it was things like the recent Moonraker thread, Russia landing on the moon or people thinking that the planet Joviath used to be called Jupiter.

(j/k I know it's Jupiter lol)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Because usually the story is written by an actual journalist, and then (back in the day) down in the print room they would paste up the paper using the text from the AP wire and they themselves would type up and paste in the headline. I worked for a newspaper back in 1985-86 in the retail ad department handling national ads, they would send their copy in and I would send it down for paste-up and proof.

This is the reason for the discrepancy 100 percent.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

originally posted by: Greggers
Even though Chris and George both played superman?

Christopher Reeves played in more than Superman..

One of my all time favorite movies ever is Somewhere In Time

That definitely had a guy named Christopher Reeves in it.

...had to listen to this again.. so wonderful.

That's a part of the full score that occurs throughout the movie. My dad used to play this at home.

Definitely Reeves.

ETA: I've probably seen Superman 3 or 4 times. I've seen Somewhere In Time well over 50 times. We own the movie, it's in a box somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment.

If I do find it, I'll take a picture of it.

edit on 1-9-2016 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

originally posted by: Greggers
Even though Chris and George both played superman?

Christopher Reeves played in more than Superman..

One of my all time favorite movies ever is Somewhere In Time

That definitely had a guy named Christopher Reeves in it.

...had to listen to this again.. so wonderful.

That's a part of the full score that occurs throughout the movie. My dad used to play this at home.

Definitely Reeves.

ETA: I've probably seen Superman 3 or 4 times. I've seen Somewhere In Time well over 50 times. We own the movie, it's in a box somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment.

If I do find it, I'll take a picture of it.

Human memory is not reliable. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Thought I'd look this up... and sure enough.

There are many examples of Christopher Reeves playing in Somewhere In Time.

They aren't typos or editors / writers commonly misremembering his name.

Christopher Reeves is the man that starred in that movie.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Thought I'd look this up... and sure enough.

There are many examples of Christopher Reeves playing in Somewhere In Time.

They aren't typos or editors / writers commonly misremembering his name.

Christopher Reeves is the man that starred in that movie.

Except his actual name was Christopher Reeve.

There are no examples of Christopher Reeves playing in Somewhere in Time, only of copy-writers getting his name wrong. It happens.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

...wrong.

Who are you expecting to convince?

I don't remember Reeves in Somewhere In Time, I know Reeves was in Somewhere In Time.

You and others say "memory is fallible" and "they got his name wrong" - you repeat the same thing over and over again.

We understand what you're saying, but it's obvious we don't feel the same way - and it's obvious you aren't convincing us - so why make it a contest?

Makes me think you're trolling.

You've made your point, why say the same thing over and over?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

You've made your point, why say the same thing over and over?

You keep making the same argument over and over. And I keep making the same counter-argument. If you think we've exhausted this, you're free to stop.

I mean, you're digging up misspelled names over and over and claiming they are evidence of timeline shifting. Who are *you* trying to convince? I could make the same trolling accusations against you, but I won't.

You are not the topic.
edit on 1-9-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
What? lol Nope.

You should know better than to ask me to stop talking about it. wtf

Of course I'm going to keep talking about it. I'm trying to talk with others that are interested.

Keep it rollin' if you want - I'm just letting you know you're wasting your time.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

What? lol Nope.

You should know better than to ask me to stop talking about it. wtf

I did not ask you to stop talking about it.

Of course I'm going to keep talking about it. I'm trying to talk with others that are interested.

That's fine with me. I *am* interested, otherwise I wouldn't be here. Just because I disagree with these silly examples doesn't mean I'm not interested, or that I'm interested for the same reasons you are.

I find this whole thing to be an interesting psychological study on the power of faulty memory and the bias reinforcing aspects of the internet.

Keep it rollin' if you want - I'm just letting you know you're wasting your time.

I'll be the judge of whether I'm wasting my time. And I'm not. I could easily make the same claim about you, but why would I? It's your time to do with as you please.

Now if you don't mind, I'd like to get back on topic. Please keep your ME discussion coming, but please leave discussion of me or my motives out of it, as it is neither appreciated nor necessary.
edit on 1-9-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well, to bad. I'm calling it out.

I'm posting new things about the Mandela Effect.

You're posting the same thing about the Mandela Effect.

You are wrong.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Here is an article especially relevant to this thread about why names are some of the most difficult things for human beings to get right:

www.spring.org.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join