It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama needs to call a National emergency on violence in Chicago

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

that's it in a nutshell, isn't it.

The intellectual honesty.

Very apt.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakatedwww.revolvy.com... everyone is to busy
chasing pokey Mon.....1968 they called out the national guard

edit on 28-8-2016 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

that's it in a nutshell, isn't it.

The intellectual honesty.

Very apt.

It is weekends like this in Chicago that pretty much show how intellectually dishonest bojangling morons like Colin Kaepernick really are...

A large portion of the black community has literally collapsed socially and culturally. This is the kind of stuff sociologist will be studying decades from now.

The killing is just a symptom of larger issues within the black community.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

There are those that have been shouting from the rooftops about the self immolation of the inner cities. But they are given 15 seconds on some news show then it's switched over to a politician promising to solve everything in a 10 minute sound bite that doesn't address anything.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
An entire generation lost...

I'm black and live in Chicago. I'm literally at the point where I've just decided to sell out. I don't want my son anywhere near any of this nonsense. Sick of this sh*t.

The black community simply does not have the will power nor the intellectual honesty necessary to deal with the problem.

It has to either come from the leadership which it isn’t as of yet or some individuals or individual inside the community to inspire people in an idea or an energy of cause that ignites change

The problem in the black community is that the intellectuals have imposed their egos on the issue.

They don’t love black people; they just want to be thought of as militant black leaders out of an ego trip.

They all want to be Malcolm X or MLK out of vanity.

THEY NEED TO LOVE THE COMMUNITY and want peace for it not indulge in Walter Mitty "I want to be the black liberator fantasy"

solutions is the answer not political slogans and dogma

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
An entire generation lost...

I'm black and live in Chicago. I'm literally at the point where I've just decided to sell out. I don't want my son anywhere near any of this nonsense. Sick of this sh*t.

The black community simply does not have the will power nor the intellectual honesty necessary to deal with the problem.

Well I'm white and I want you to get the hell out of there. If I could help you, I would.
edit on Rpm82816v38201600000010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
For all of the people who want actual knowledge about this problem in Chicago askl a real Chicagoan. I'm 45 years old and I've lived here all of my life, I have said this in numerous threads, but here goes again. There are 3 million people within Chicago city limits, there are 9 million people in the greater Chicago area, area we refer to as the tristate area. Every bit of the violence that you are on the news that happens in Chicago, happens in 5 small neighborhoods, the rest of the city is a very nice place to live. All of this violence is generated in those 5 small neighborhoods, an average neighborhood in Chicago is relativity small, other than in the downtown area where the population numbers are higher in each neighborhoods because of the high-rise buildings, these 5 small neighborhoods combined make up about 100,000 people out of the 9 million living in the tristate area, that equates to a little over 1 percent of the population here. The gangbangers that live in these neighborhoods live there by choice, some of the people are not there by choice, like the children of these people who are the real innocent victims of this. If you walk around in this city and ask the other 99℅ of people that live here most of them will tell you that they don't care if these people are going around shooting each other. Also the 99℅ will tell you which neighborhoods to avoid if you don't want to get caught up in this. It is my opinion that those of us living here all of our lives like I have, they don't care about these 5 neighborhoods, we don't care if they continue to thin the herd as long as it's the criminals killing other criminals, the only time we as Chicagoans find this to be a travesty is when they kill someone innocent, as long as criminals are killing other criminals, that's one less criminal for us innocent people to deal with. I'm sorry if that seems like a heartless perspective to you but it is the reality of it.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The main problem is the code of silence in black communities. It's like badge of honor. It's so bad that most blacks will actually self-delude themselves rather than agree there's a problem. Numerous videos out there where they will outright lie without hesitation to protect their race even when the truth is BLATANTLY clear on a subject. Unreal.

Those blacks that agree or "tell it like it is" are considered race traitors or 'Uncle Tom's'. Face it...there are more pro-criminal blacks than pro-law abiding ones. Even the pro-law abiding ones won't say anything either for fear of losing the admiration of their lesser criminal constituents!

NOTHING!! I MEAN NOTHING will change until said communities stop taking the law into their own hands and allow the law to do it's job!!

This asinine code of the streets is BS.

edit on E31America/ChicagoSun, 28 Aug 2016 23:57:19 -05008pmSundayth11pm by EternalShadow because: correction

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

You're right, Don. The only time these killings even make the nightly news is when an innocent child is killed, or someone famous, or related to a famous person (like Dwyane Wade's cousin), is murdered by crossfire.

Last weekend you had to actively look to find that 54 people were shot and 9 of them killed. On Monday, those weekend shootings were not reported on the local TV News, or in the local Newspapers.

The police know who these gang-bangers are. They sit in their squad cars and watch them. In the "old" days (before 2005) the police would take them one-by-one to this cordoned-off building on the West Side. When they left, they'd be docile as sheep. As a result, Gang Crime wasn't nearly as bad. But, the police brutality lawsuits started bringing down top police officials, so that practice was ended. The senseless violence we're seeing today is the result of police not being able to use "necessary preemptive force" on these well-known thugs.

If some of this violence started creeping out to where Hillary Clinton grew up, that "National Emergency" referred to in this thread's title would be declared within hours.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
enough is enough... you cant help people who dont want to be helped.

You know, it's not just that many don't want to be helped, but the ones who say that they do often do not take the steps to help themselves out of fear of retaliation. I live outside of Cincinnati, and I have seen on the news and heard the comments from police that the people in the local communities in violence-prone areas are unwilling to make statements and report crime out of fear. I have also heard more than one person from those communities rant about the glorification of violence in their neighborhoods and how there is a stigma associated with bettering one's life and rising out of the ghetto or public housing and moving to nicer areas--they are considered sell outs.

There is a massive problem in modern society with respect for human life, but it's not something that can be fixed by the government, no matter at what level--it must start in the communities and spread from there. When the residents determine that enough is enough, and they start fighting back and demanding that this stuff be eradicated from their streets, then maybe something will happen.

But, sadly, that's not the type of community organizing that happens anymore. Instead, communities are organized to hate and despise and even target those who can help them better their neighborhoods, and we have generation after generation being lied to about the pervasiveness of racial hatred and injustice--a catch-22 that breeds more racial hatred and injustice.

I know that I have zero tolerance for stupidity in my neighborhood, especially any type that puts my children and their well-being at risk. Why everybody doesn't have such a mentality is beyond me, especially when the risks are more than just the occasional dangerous driver speeding through stop signs, or the obnoxious house a few doors down with drunken college kids acting like idiots on the weekend.

People need to start demanding a return to respect and common courtesy in this world--the more passive-aggressive acceptance of such societal degradation like we see in Chicago exists in our communities, the worse it is going to get. Stand up and don't just demand change for the better, but cause change to happen. THAT is when things will begin to change.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The really speaks to the tenuous spot leadership is often operating from...

1. Declare a state of emergency and people will cry "Martial Law"

2. Do nothing and let policy or people try and fix it, people will cry ,"you aren't doing enough"

3. Grassroots movments like BLM or other organizations don't work in this case because apathy has set in on Chicago and its more newsworth to protest 1 cop killing someone the 50 people dying..

Its like any problem in life..the only way it gets fixed is if all parties involved make the choice to be accountable for their actions and make the choice to stop those actions..

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY
a reply to: Willtell

Every time I read about another weekend in Chicago, it stuns me.

For the life of me I cannot understand why this does not have a national response. What would that look like? I don't know. I guess that's one for debate here.

Because Chicago debunks the left wing/Democratic party narrative.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
That's right some famous persons' sista got whacked so now there's an issue?? Things seem normal so now they call for an emergency??

Who cares

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
That's right some famous persons' sista got whacked so now there's an issue?? Things seem normal so now they call for an emergency??

Who cares

Like I said earlier, no one will really care unless the gang-bangers start driving beyond the Black and Hispanic neighborhoods.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Virtually everyone that gets killed is connected in some way via gang membership, drug use, criminal activity, associating or being friends with these kinds of people, etc. They all knew the risk going into their activities.

It's exceedingly rare that an actual innocent person gets killed. Not being effected by the violence is as easy as choosing to be a decent person.
edit on 8/29/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

I JUST thought of something ,HOW many "FUSION CENTERS" would no doubt be the base of ops?
Chicago will be a MODEL of how to pacify ,if they can pull it off.
WHATEVER they decide there is now WAY it won't get ugly.
Unless I miss my guess they will shut down communications in the area when they start.

edit on 29-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen
It all comes down to how much they value their lives and their children`s lives,if they are willing to risk their lives for a job, or a home,or whatever else then they don`t deserve sympathy if they get killed.
They can`t plead ignorance, everybody knows what a cesspool chicago is,if they choose to live there then they can`t complain about what happens to them.
no one is too poor to leave,they can receive their welfare checks anywhere in the U.S.,they can go live in a tent in a campground and it will be a lot better than living in chicago,and probably cheaper.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon
Virtually everyone that gets killed is connected in some way via gang membership, drug use, criminal activity, associating or being friends with these kinds of people, etc. They all knew the risk going into their activities.

It's exceedingly rare that an actual innocent person gets killed. Not being effected by the violence is as easy as choosing to be a decent person.

So the kids and the innocent poor people there through no fault of their own deserve to grow up in this environment?

That neighborhood needs to be gutted and treated like a war zone.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: RedDragon

So the kids and the innocent poor people there through no fault of their own deserve to grow up in this environment?

That neighborhood needs to be gutted and treated like a war zone.

One of the issues is that those doing the shooting and thugging are part of the community. They are the sons, grandsons, brothers and other family members of the people who live in the community.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I know...Its no easy solutions

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join