It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama needs to call a National emergency on violence in Chicago

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
First, I extend my condolences to the family of this young lady who is a recent victim of violence in the president’s home city Chicago.

Top Cop ‘Sick And Tired’ Of Violence, Wants Help From Springfield

chicago.cbslocal.com...

CHICAGO (CBS) — Police Supt. Eddie Johnson renewed his call for state lawmakers to help curb gun violence in Chicago, on the heels of another bloody weekend, which included the murder of a police officer’s son.

Johnson said those numbers have become all too familiar. For 13 consecutive weekends this year, at least 39 people have been shot in Chicago.
Visibly frustrated, the superintendent addressed reporters at Police Headquarters on Monday, after at least 52 people were shot across the city over the weekend, including nine homicides.Johnson said those numbers have become all too familiar. For 13 consecutive weekends this year, at least 39 people have been shot in Chicago.

The superintendent said 77 percent of the victims from this weekend’s shootings already were known to police, and between them have been arrested a combined 672 times.

40 people shot and 5 dead before the weekend is over.

IMO, THE BLACK LEADERS, BLM INCLUDED, THOSE INTELLECTUALS WHO HAVENT SPENT A DAY IN THE GHETTO NEED TO ADRESS THIS.

Or they need to get out of the way so this issue can be dealt with in some way.

To blame white racism for crime in the black ghetto is abstract sophistry and solves nothing. It’s a conflation that avoids solving the issue.

Its proof that most of the civil rights leaders don’t love black people but are going off their racial egos in never, ever advocating we deal with the Chicago carnage but get riled up when white cops kill a black person.

Obama, the leaderless leader, needs to step in and call a national conference on violence in the inner city.

Have a discussion at least even though we all know there’s a political stalemate in this conversation: the right wing says we need to deal with single parent homes and gangs and the left wing’s dogma is we need to stop the spread of guns in the inner city.

I say these ideas aren’t mutually exclusive and can both to some degree be adapted.

UPDATE: Now its 47 people shot and 7 dead

chicago.cbslocal.com...

edit on 28-8-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
BLM would protest him.
IT'S THEIR primary Recruitment pool...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Let hillary get in there and take care of it like she's done with the Mid East and Libya.

Obama won't say anything or do anything about it, as always.

Chicago is a joke.

Less talk and more action.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
eta: Obama is a moron, as are most black 'leaders' today.
why should other people have to tell them not to kill each other?

why are they killing each other?

- no one is holding up their hands and pulling the trigger for them. everyone has the same brain wiring physiologically.

-this isnt a problem another speech is going to solve.
-there's nothing which can be said they cant deduce for themselves, by they i mean the african american community in suburban chicago.

violence is glorified, encouraged, and a sort of rite.

this isnt the case for all black people. not all blacks are african americans.

---we could say

its not a coincidence that crime rate and poverty are directly proportional.

not a coincidence poverty and lack of education are directly proportional

this is what the war on drugs was designed to do.

how long can you beat a dead horse. everyone is always keen to point out' the issues, just never been able to solve naught.

maybe its just the result of being bred such way in their past history, maybe its become passed down chemical genes and tendencies. why isnt the issue approached as such, no other speech can deter the conditions things are in right now.
enough is enough... you cant help people who dont want to be helped.
edit on 28-8-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Not going to say it has to do with a failed education system because I've seen people pick themselves up with a minimum educational background. IT'S MAINLY "about" A LACK OF JOBS. Instead of preaching, how about the SBA (small business administration) lending money out to these people for they can create a business for themselves. I've seen the Koreans first hand do this in Los Angeles in the late 80's.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
GUN control kills.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Every time I read about another weekend in Chicago, it stuns me.

For the life of me I cannot understand why this does not have a national response. What would that look like? I don't know. I guess that's one for debate here.

Bring it up in discussion and the gibberish starts flowing. 'The violence is a function of white privileged.' 'Trump is fueling the bigotry, it's his fault.' 'Why are you overlooking what the police are doing?' On and on in an avalanche of non sequitur.

It's insanity trying to discuss the issue. Personal responsibility and the human condition are foreign concepts I guess. The crux of it all is if some NFL player stands or sits for the national anthem. Meanwhile the hospitals and morgues fill up.

It makes me want to give up.

Sorry to be so down on my response to your OP.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Politicians won' solve the problem simply because politicians are the cause of the problem.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

77 percent of the victims from this weekend’s shootings already were known to police, and between them have been arrested a combined 672 times.

so, what`s the problem? just let them keep killing themselves off. everybody with any sense has already left that #hole long ago, any "innocent" people who still live there and get killed have no one to blame except themselves.

There is no fix to the chicago crime problem it`s way past the point of being able to be fixed, to quote kenny rogers, you got to know when to hold em and know when to fold em.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

It'll take a door to door urban combat campaign to clean it up. once the 1st city is cleaned THEY'LL hide again.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that the only business most of these people are interested in is their street corner business.
Coincidently, that's likely why a good portion of these shootings are happening, one business is infringing on another's corner, stealing customers, whatever.

Admittedly I know little about Chicago's employment status but I'm sure like almost everywhere else these days the number of available jobs is lacking, but I'd bet money most of these people care little about jobs.

Gang culture, theres that too.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It is frightening how much violence there is all across the USA, how many gangs are formed, how many needless lives are lost. What these people need are hope and inspiration, something good to hold onto. Jobs are scarce in many communities and should certainly be addressed. As children are growing up, they need morals and and compassion. Schools should have a zero policy for violence and gangs, counsel the kids. Maybe some youth centers could be built with donations where kids can go and just be kids and learn to treat others with respect as they themselves would like to be treated.

This violence is way out of control and has been for far too long. We have to start somewhere. Each community matters and should be helped in some way, in any way possible to begin turning things around.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

so, what`s the problem? just let them keep killing themselves off. everybody with any sense has already left that #hole long ago, any "innocent" people who still live there and get killed have no one to blame except themselves.

How many of these poor people have the finances to just up and move elsewhere to better themselves? If it was that easy, many would have left a long time ago.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
As I have said before, I grew up in Chicago and still live nearby. I know this area very well. I have seen the violence firsthand. I have been shot at more than once. I had a bullet pass by my head so close it tugged my hair as it went by. I felt the force of the air moving when it passed by. It was that close. I know what its like. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You can ban guns all day long if you want to. It won't do a damn thing. You can make anything illegal, but that doesn't stop people from doing it. It only gives you a reason to prosecute them afterward. Laws do not stop crime from happening. Think about that.

That is the fundamental flaw with the democrats approach to this issue and the problem Chicago has faced for decades - democrats. The sad truth is that if this city worked the way it was supposed to a whole bunch of democrats would lose their primary source of income. Chicago is no different than any other big city, except for the fact that democrats have such a strangle hold on it that it can barely survive. They let this city get just enough air to keep it alive so they can continue bleeding it out for fun and profit.

If you want to save Chicago - get the democrats out of power positions. Look at the Chicago district maps and you will get an idea of how corrupt things are. The only reason the maps are drawn that way is to disenfranchise republican votes or contain them to single digit districts so they are always the minority on election day.

Jesse jackass and the rainbow coalition love to wave their flag and scream at the top of their lungs when there is a camera nearby. But they wont set foot in that city to talk about real solutions. The only time they show up is when they can blame something on a republican or a white guy. Same for the blm, killary, and obama. If it cant be politicized or profitable you wont see them anywhere.

I know this sounds harsh, or downright ridiculous, but here is the answer. Cut Chicago out of the state of Illinois and make it a city-state of its own. Let it go down in flames under its own weight. That city is nearing the one billion dollar mark of debt. And the people are not working and earning enough to ever pay it off. The rest of the state has to suffer to keep the status quo in Chicago profitable for the democrats. Cut it loose and let it drown under its own weight. Only then will people be ready to accept an alternative solution.

Mark my words:

As long as there is the promise of a handout and someone else to blame - nothing will ever change.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

That may have merit but the American public would NEVER support it. The hyperventilation on the MSM would be deafening.

Once we have "cleaned" up a street/block/neighborhood, then what? How long do we keep the foot down? As soon as we pull out, the maniacs crawl back out from under their rocks and it's game-on.

It may come down to once you break a community for a long enough period of time, it ain't coming back no matter what you do. Maybe this is just what parts of Chicago are for the foreseeable future. I sure hope that's not the case.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
You cannot help people that have no respect for anything or that are to ignorant to know when enough is enough. It will always be an endless cycle it will just shift to different cities and different countries. Kinda like chasing a ghost. Many years ago I referenced an old tupac song, changes. Again I do the same.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

No one could hold it anyway.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Agreed.

I think if the right measures (whatever they may be) were put in place it would still take a couple of generations for Chicago to change.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Call me what you want. Let's just have all the white people move out of Chicago. Leave it to the black folks. Let them run it, fund it, police it, etc. Give it 6 months. Then we'll see where its at.

Has there EVER been a point in American history where a White city, or Hispanic city, or Asian city has gotten SO out of control with murders? At what point do we address the elephant in the room?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
30 thousand gangs in the US. People dedicated to crime, quite dedicated.
They have guns.
Perhaps, just perhaps they can buy many of these guns from illegal sources, which would allow them to bypass the tightest registration laws. And, don’t forget, they shoot those guns. At people.
You see, the gun-violence problem…is part of the gang problem…and gangs are a necessary…part of the drug business And of course, when you talk about the drug business, you talk about banks laundering billions and billions and billions.... and the drug business…must never be interrupted…because it makes a lot of money…for a lot of people…important people....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join