It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial pastor and activist Kenneth Adkins charged with child molestation in Brunswick

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I LOVE stories like this!

A Georgia pastor who launched an attack onthe LGBT community after the Orlando shooting has been arrested for child molestation. Who would have thought, a pastor molesting children? That never happens /s

Adkins, after the OrlandoPulse attack, had tweeted, "been through so much with these Jacksonville Homosexuals that I don't see none of them as victims. I see them as getting what they deserve!!"

He also tweeted: "Dear Gays, Go sit down somewhere. I know y'all want some special attention; yall are Sinners who need Jesus. This was an attack on America."

And: "It is a shame that Jax Gays are trying to use the Orlando Massacre as Blackmail to force the City to pass The HRO! Shame, Shame, Shame!"

Controversial pastor and activist Kenneth Adkins charged with child molestation in Brunswick

Adkins, 56, turned himself over to Glynn County authorities Friday morning on charges of aggravated child molestation and child molestation stemming from allegations made by a young male former member of his congregation.

“We are disappointed with what appears to be a rush to judgment by law enforcement authorities in this case,” said his wife, Charlotte Stormy Adkins. “We are confident that Kenneth Adkins will be found innocent of all charges.”

The biggest hypocrites will often wrap themselves in a flag and carry a cross.

+26 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

You 'love' hearing about people getting caught molesting children?

I would prefer to not have anyone molest children since child-rapers are the lowest of the low.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

He would seem to personify the old saying that we hate most in others what we hate most in ourselves...

I'm just wondering when exactly these accusations came to light. Did the authorities know before he made those hateful comments and ignored them for whatever reason, deciding to go after him only after -- and because of -- those vile comments.

Or did someone just happen to come forward with these accusations after he shot off his big mouth? (In which case, yes, I am a little suspicious of the accusations.)

Whatever the case, I hope justice is served anywhere and everywhere appropriate and proper.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Your excitement over this is pretty disturbing. My heart breaks for the lives of the children and families (he is accused of) devastating. My heart breaks for those who will be hurt in their spiritual growth due to this story.

There is just pain and brokenness all over the place in this story. It is awful.

If your primary reaction to this is smug self-righteousness, that is very troubling.
edit on 27-8-2016 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

This guy is a pervert, and his statements about the gay community should have been about people such as himself. Molesting a male he was "mentoring" . He himself is gay and sick(not sick because he is gay)! He will get his, we all know what happens to people like this in prison!
edit on 27-8-2016 by kurthall because: Add

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

why do you LOVE this?

I agree with bodicea if this was done all after he expressed his opinion , i would be skeptical of the accusing party.

but whatever does end up being decided as fact, someone's life(whether it be the accused or accuser) has been or will change drastically in a negative way.

So again how does this conjure feelings of love?

I have a feeling your parents didn't love you enough as a child?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Fckn POS...It's always those that scream the loudest..
edit on 27-8-2016 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Was thinking the same..love the irony maybe.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Was thinking the same..love the irony maybe.

While a little schadenfreude never hurts anyone this is so far above that it is kind of despicable.

'Hey hates the gay! I hope he gets caught raping children! Oh, boy! He did!'. Satisfaction level = disgusting.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I always look with suspicion anyone wildly concerned about other peoples attractions and fetishes. quite often its those with the most skeletons in the closet.

What is it with religious people and little boys though. seriously...

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
He was a Ted Cruzer. I am right of most and I sincerely believe anyone that still believes these bronze aged myths needs to be behind bars. You are so stupid!!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Very true, cannot lose sight that someone was hurt in this.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

Really? What if it were your children that were molested?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

This guy is a pervert, and his statements about the gay community should have been about people such as himself. Molesting a male he was "mentoring" . He himself is gay and sick(not sick because he is gay)! He will get his, we all know what happens to people like this in prison!

Well christian or whatever always keep an eye on certain that harp about "working with youth" "mentoring" ect. Sports, entertainment ect. Flap going on right now about girls Olympic gymnasts and their "mentors". They were even talking about on the TV coverage during completion. If this guy hadn't been ranting he would be just another case to most folks.....but he was a critic of gays and a christian so its hot.

Now had "he" been a "she", not a critic of gays, but had been pressuring young girls on the volleyball team to swing with the gay girls......like you are not going to see much playing time.....and got outed there would be little problem in most cases. Who knows the school would just kick it under the rug. After all these very athletic girls, what are you going to do? sarc

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Click thread..

I LOVE stories like this! 

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

He would seem to personify the old saying that we hate most in others what we hate most in ourselves...

Seems to me the same principle would hold true for the OP. TheAmazingYeti seems so gleeful over this story - going as far as convicting the accused with no due process and saying that he/she "loves" to hear this - that one has to wonder at the similarity of the OP's attitude to that of the accused.

That's pretty sick and, frankly, real scary! Makes me wonder...
edit on 2016 8 27 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Double post of above content ... deleted
edit on 2016 8 27 by incoserv because: double post

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Wow, I hope I'm never falsely accused of some heinous sexual crime. It's a 'guilty until proven innocent' festival on ATS these days.
Yes the preacher holds views I consider vile, but he's been accused of a crime, not convicted, you know, let a judge or jury make a decision first.
Even a gay hating preacher deserves the course of justice, not a lynch mob as in this thread.

If he's found guilty I hope he has a terrible time in prison, but that judgement has not been made yet.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DocScurlock1774

This is the third thread I've opened and the third you've done nothing but try to pick an argument over.

I've a feeling your parents didn't love you enough as a child or something is otherwise awfully wrong with you to have to hop on thread after thread trying to get people going.

Way to be edgy and cool my friend!

He LOVES seeing someone brought to justice.
It's nothing about loving molestation.

2 seconds of actual thought would make that abundantly clear.

We can't change what happened but IF this guy is guilty then I love it too!

I'm sorry but many of these religious freaks are guilty.
I used to attend church frequently and have my pastor all up on my ass because I smoked weed here and there ... didn't it just so happen he got busted 2 years later for selling coc aine?

You must have missed this somewhere but it's polite to think before you speak instead of being ignorant just for the sake of trying to aggravate people.
edit on 27-8-2016 by OfTheVoid46 because: "than" to "then"

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OfTheVoid46
a reply to: DocScurlock1774

This is the third thread I've opened and the third you've done nothing but try to pick an argument over.

I've a feeling your parents didn't love you enough as a child or something is otherwise awfully wrong with you to have to hop on thread after thread trying to get people going.

Way to be edgy and cool my friend!

He LOVES seeing someone brought to justice.
It's nothing about loving molestation.

2 seconds of actual thought would make that abundantly clear.

We can't change what happened but IF this guy is guilty then I love it too!

I'm sorry but many of these religious freaks are guilty.
I used to attend church frequently and have my pastor all up on my ass because I smoked weed here and there ... didn't it just so happen he got busted 2 years later for selling coc aine?

You must have missed this somewhere but it's polite to think before you speak instead of being ignorant just for the sake of trying to aggravate people.

No. See my previous post. There's way too much glee. It's sick.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join