It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial pastor and activist Kenneth Adkins charged with child molestation in Brunswick

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Why would you equate his love for these stories getting attention to him somehow finding pleasure in the pain of a child victim. That's a little far of a stretch even for you.

I also enjoy knowing that he was CaughtThere are plenty more out there and i am happy to celebrate when one makes the headlines. I only wish the penalties were more costly. If he is indeed guilty.

I do worry about people haveing such tremendous allegations against them made public, before he is convicted. Just because we don't like him does not mean he should be crucified before the court of public opinion. Now.... After he is found guilty, i hope he is punished appropriately.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Why would you equate his love for these stories getting attention to him somehow finding pleasure in the pain of a child victim.

Because this:

I LOVE stories like this!

A Georgia pastor who launched an attack onthe LGBT community after the Orlando shooting has been arrested for child molestation.

And frankly it would seem a good deal of people agree with my comments.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Indeed. Sometimes public exposure is the best thing for all.

I know when they arrested the asshat who was driving my stolen car when he got involved in a shoot-out with police I WAS HAPPY!!

All these "christians" talk about "justice" --- but if it happens to one of their own slime-ball cohorts? Watch out!!!

@OP:

I knew what you meant. Ignore the trolls who will try to make it your bad that the jackass got caught and exposed. Normally, I am against public humiliation --- but when it's something as egregious as this, it's a VICTORY for the kid. Pretending it didn't happen, or ignoring that it did, is FAR more harmful to the victims than exposing the mental derangement of those who claim to be "Christian leaders".

Have you guys seen the Aids Burger video?

edit on 8/27/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

OH WAIT!! That's right, I switched sides yesterday. ATS finally wore me down. I am now a blithering idiot who thinks Trump is God incarnate, and that whatever happens to anybody or their kid is no big. Because screw the people who are too poor or uneducated or unemployed through no fault of their own. They SUCK! Screw the people who went to college and want everyone else to be able to go, too! Screw those people who want others to have health-care, including preventive things like vaccinations -- !! NO!! No. No sharing, no helping. No.

I forgot there for a minute.

Carry on, all! (And I don't think I'd be boasting about "lots of people [on the site] agreeing with me" lately.)

What a sad day - a bloody shame that this guy, this upstanding gay-hating child-molesting piece of "God's" work got caught. sigh

edit on 8/27/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Personally, I found your comment surprising, and to be deflection.

Of course the irony is delicious! The hypocrisy palpable! I love to see people like this called out and toppled too!

I think people are subconsciously thinking Yeti's avatar is what the OP poster really looks like! Simply combine those looks with "I love stories like this!" to create insanity where it isn't.

edit on 27-8-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Ahhh.... Argument won by popularity.... Can't argue against that. Just because your clever snarky comments garner you some attention does not allow you to get away with conflating his intentions.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Of course the irony is delicious! The hypocrisy palpable! I love to see people like this called out and toppled too!

Of course the irony is not lost on me, but what seems to be lost on many is that for this 'turn about is fair play' situation to arise is that a child had to be raped.

There is ZERO to 'love' about that. It is sad and effing pathetic.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Ahhh.... Argument won by popularity.... Can't argue against that. Just because your clever snarky comments garner you some attention does not allow you to get away with conflating his intentions.

There was nothing snarky about my initial comment. It was straight and to the point.

Child rape is not something I enjoy getting schadenfreude over.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I understand your sentiments... but we'll have to let the OP address that... and give the OP the same benefit of the doubt. I'm pretty sure he/she would much prefer that there were no victims and no story -- I sure would!!! -- but it's too late to stop the crime, so it's not unreasonable to appreciate justice for the victim either. Perhaps something got lost in the translation so to speak... I hope...

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

It's GOOD that the guy got caught and held accountable.

Tell the families of the slain people from Pulse about how it's a shame he got caught. Being glad he got caught or mad he got caught is hardly a "win." The kid at least now will be vindicated and believed, and this guy will lose his mother-loving job and any respect he ever had from anyone at all.

oh wait---

GAH!!! I did it again!! No - he won't. This guy will go down in history as a victim of the lefties' hatefulness.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Exactly.

I mean, if you care about the kid. Or the Pulse victims, that is.

Otherwise, meh.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
It's GOOD that the guy got caught and held accountable.

Who said it was not good he got caught? All child rapers should get caught and imprisoned. There is just nothing to 'love' about stores like this, the are quite saddening.

edit on 27-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Who is Barstar Lumberjerk?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Fairly certain that them claiming they love these types of stories is them saying they love hearing about the hypocrisy of the religious crowd. Not that they love hearing that a child was molested.

Let's try applying actual thought and common sense to things when we read them, yeah?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There was nothing snarky about my initial comment. It was straight and to the point.

Child rape is not something I enjoy getting schadenfreude over.
Where do you see that he was glad the child got raped? You are making that up. He is obviously stating that he is glad that the story was made public. You are being facetious.

I rarely agree with Yeti about anything but i have enough respect for the contributers here that i will not make # up about them. Do you really think he is happy that a boy was victimized?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

They are saddening. Yes. It's more saddening that many times the perps are never caught or arrested or publicly exposed for the creeps that they are....

like Bodicea said - not hearing about it and never having that delicious feeling of "justice being served" is not going to take away that child's pain.

If it were my kid? I would want to string the guy up by his toes on a weak suspended bridge over the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. And leave him to his fate.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Where do you see that he was glad the child got raped?

Where in this thread did I use the words 'glad the child was raped'? Stop putting words in my mouth.

You are making that up.

Actually you are.

He is obviously stating that he is glad that the story was made public. You are being facetious.

No, he said he 'loved' that this was being made public. And I am not at all being anything in this thread but one hundred percent honest about how I feel. I may have a reputation as a smart ass but this ain't one of those times.

I rarely agree with Yeti about anything but i have enough respect for the contributers here that i will not make # up about them. Do you really think he is happy that a boy was victimized?

I frankly do not think he even had the victim in mind when he was typing.

edit on 27-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

If it were my kid? I would want to string the guy up by his toes on a weak suspended bridge over the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. And leave him to his fate.

...assuming he is guilty of course.
The guy's been hanged already in this thread, hasn't even got to court yet.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

So?

He made the remarks about the gays deserving what they got. That in itself is enough to indict him for hate-speech and un-Christian behavior. He has been a controversial figure....and now he is caught. And I say

GOOD

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I think augustus was just triggered. It is a terrible story about a terrible person. Plenty to be upset about. A quick apology is all that is in order, then we can all hate on the appropriate party.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

They are saddening. Yes. It's more saddening that many times the perps are never caught or arrested or publicly exposed for the creeps that they are.

Totally unrelated to what I was talking about.

To 'love' that some gay bashing asshole got caught raping children is not something I would equate love to, the man in question is obviously sick and took out his sickness on a defenseless child. I do not 'love' that he was caught because of his homophobic position, I am relieved that he is no longer abusing this person and saddened that it happened.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Nope, the gay hating vile comments etc are a different issue.
Innocent until proven guilty...except on ATS it seems?
edit on 27.8.2016 by grainofsand because: Clarity

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join