It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - 007 Moonraker; Dolly Has No Braces!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneGoal
Ill tell you this, between 2008-2012 i experienced what seemed like this kind of stuff, dimensional shifting. The conclusion? I got lured in and whatever 'it' was did not have my best interests in mind.

Just to add fuel to the fire

en.wikipedia.org...

What if....

There's so little we actually know about time & space, not saying our timelines are being fudged thanks to the massive particle accelerator in Switzerland doing all brand new never before tested experiments BUT I'm open to the possibility that it could be possible due to our inherent lack of understanding of how everything works

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

The problem is, I watched this movie a few months back, she had braces, I looked her up on IMDB just to see if she was still alive or not and she had braces in her film screenshots of Moonraker...

It's the only reason I'm wasting time having this discussion because I know 100% she had braces

I'm not saying reality is being altered, that makes as little sense as the lack of Dolly's braces, BUT she had braces, why she now has no braces I have absolutely no idea but she definitely had braces

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

The problem is, I watched this movie a few months back, she had braces, I looked her up on IMDB just to see if she was still alive or not and she had braces in her film screenshots of Moonraker...

It's the only reason I'm wasting time having this discussion because I know 100% she had braces

I'm not saying reality is being altered, that makes as little sense as the lack of Dolly's braces, BUT she had braces, why she now has no braces I have absolutely no idea but she definitely had braces

Just in your memory. The real question is why do you remeber it that way. Could be anything.

Space/time altering beings, phenomenon etc. I would say not.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I think I figured it out...

So if you look at the actual scene, Dolly initially doesn't smile all the way. Just kind of a smirk. Between this and the lower definition filming, it might look like she had braces when in fact she didn't. It isn't until a second later that she shows all the pearly whites. However, by that time, your mind has already processed she has braces and probably didn't notice that she really didn't.

Here is the scene...

It starts at about 1:30.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I think I figured it out...

So if you look at the actual scene, Dolly initially doesn't smile all the way. Just kind of a smirk. Between this and the lower definition filming, it might look like she had braces when in fact she didn't. It isn't until a second later that she shows all the pearly whites. However, by that time, your mind has already processed she has braces and probably didn't notice that she really didn't.

Here is the scene...

It starts at about 1:30.

Bingo

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

And the fact that you clearly see her pearly whites simply didn't register, in virtually everybody's brains sofar?

Not buying that.

edit on 26-8-2016 by FlabberGhast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlabberGhast

And the fact that you clearly see her pearly whites simply didn't register, in virtually everybody's brains sofar?

Not buying that.

Your not buying anything, your selling snake oil.

Still waiting on that "relevance" answer.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I'm not in the habit of imagining things that didn't happen.

Like the whole Ford logo thing, I drove a ford for 8 years, I cannot remember which logo is supposedly correct because I never paid attention to it.

The scene with the braces though I paid attention it's an iconic moment in the film, one of my favourite films. She had braces, even if my life was somehow at stake over this and if I chose braces I would end up dead, I would still say she had braces, I'm that certain on it.

Just like the car in Back to the Future was a DeLorean, she had braces

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Not buying that.

You have to look at the scene. It initially looks like she has braces. At 1:56, she just barely opens her mouth and smirks. You really can't see her teeth. It looks like she has braces because things are dark and the lighting. At 1:58 the flash back to Jaws cheesing which reinforces to focus on her mouth. They then go back to Dolly where she finally just shows all her teeth. Logically, you just expect her to have somethign in her mouth and then you just project that she does when she doesn't.

The human mind sometimes fills in the blanks for things that it expects. The initial scene makes it seems like she had braces and then you just carry that expectation on through the scene not noticing that the braces aren't there. The viewer really isn't paying attention to the details.

This is why witnesses are often wrong even though they may have seen something. Magicians often use this to trick an audience.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

You seem to think I owe you something. I don't. You seem to think you asked some sort of relevant or valid question.

You didn't.

You seem to think I am selling something. I am not. This seems to sell itself just fine regardless of your attempts to steer this in your desired direction.

Like I said, I am done with you, bye sport.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

You have to look at the scene.

The scene I posted and wrote a thread about? Good advice!

You have to look at the scene. It initially looks like she has braces. At 1:56, she just barely opens her mouth and smirks. You really can't see her teeth. It looks like she has braces because things are dark and the lighting. At 1:58 the flash back to Jaws cheesing which reinforces to focus on her mouth. They then go back to Dolly where she finally just shows all her teeth. Logically, you just expect her to have somethign in her mouth and then you just project that she does when she doesn't.

Sure, somehow this vague invisible stuff that isn't there is registered, but the full white teeth smile somehow didn't register at all.

BS.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well, what I can tell you emphatically is that it is far more likely that 100% of people remember something incorrectly than that they are shifting from one magical timeline to another.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

You have to look at the scene.

The scene I posted and wrote a thread about? Good advice!

Sure, somehow this vague invisible stuff that isn't there is registered, but the full white teeth smile somehow didn't register at all.

BS.

The scene initially led you to believe that she had braces even though she didn't. As I mentioned, I was 100% sure that chick had braces in the scene. However, upon looking at the scene again, I noticed why I may have ASSUMED she had braces. Because of that assumption, my mind basically just projected she did have braces when in actuality she didn't because I EXPECTED the braces to be there. The initial part of the scene made it look like she did have braces so my mind just carries that assumption on through the rest of the scene not picking up that she doesn't.

Again, there are numerous scientific experiments showing where people do this when reading, seeing objects, etc. This si actually how our peripheral vision works. The brain just fills in what it expects to be there, not what is actually there.

Brain Fills in Gaps

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Speak for yourself, I actually pay attention in movies to details like that, which effectively become plot devices.

It's not like we're discussing whether her shoes were tennis shoes or loafers, or whether they were red or blue or some other irrelevant detail

If it was something like that then yeah I could probably agree with you

But it's such an iconic moment in the film, where Jaws actually becomes a likeable character, where we finally see some human connection between one of the best villains in movie history and a ditzy geeky girl where the connection is the metal in their mouths.

If it was a case of the mind filling in blanks then why have I never filled in blanks before when it comes to films and key moments ? Why this one single scene out of the millions of scenes I've watched and can probably remember ?

If I saw the scene of her without braces, I would remember her without braces as would many others because the majority of sane people don't imagine things that aren't actually there.

I mean it's not hard to miss the main focal point of the shot is her teeth, I really don't see how anyone could see the scene we're not seeing and somehow conjure up some phantom braces from barely seeing her mouth 2 seconds prior.

It makes as little sense as her having no braces/having braces and reality being altered.

Seriously none of it makes any effing sense, from the reality, to the not reality, to the explanations.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: alomaha
Wow, I can't belive there are no braces no more?! You must be kidding me...I remember that movie and that scene vividly! That was my favorite James Bond movie when I was a kid!

This reminds me of the movie "The Matrix", whenever controlors of "reality" make some changes in the timeline there is some discrapancy like same cat passing in front of you twice:

And so do I. Im over 50 and seen the move many times and I saw braces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Check out page 81 of this really long thread where they start getting in to this very subject..there are pics and other links : www.abovetopsecret.com...

a reply to: FlabberGhast

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I also offer this page with zoomed in gifs: dolly.barriereader.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Sorry but I saw quite clearly braces and I remember commenting on it with my wife at the time and she conforms this!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaxsmash
I also offer this page with zoomed in gifs: dolly.barriereader.co.uk...

Despite the rather bizarre non-conclusion the guys on that page seemed to reach (or not reach, as the case were), it seems pretty obvious to me that the scene really does give one the impression that she's wearing braces, even though she is not.

I don't know if it's a trick of the light, or a video encoding artifact, or what. But it is very easy to see how people were tricked into thinking there were braces there.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

You seem to think I owe you something. I don't. You seem to think you asked some sort of relevant or valid question.

You didn't.

You seem to think I am selling something. I am not. This seems to sell itself just fine regardless of your attempts to steer this in your desired direction.

Like I said, I am done with you, bye sport.

Max?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join