It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - 007 Moonraker; Dolly Has No Braces!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Almost everybody in this thread seems to remember braces, including you.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlabberGhast

Almost everybody in this thread seems to remember braces, including you.

And yet I'm the only sane one admitting that I am wrong.
edit on 26-8-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I remember it too. I watched the clips from an old vhs copy and the quality was bad. I think that, coupled with old TV resolution, is what gives me that memory.

So you remember Dolly having braces too, just like all responders sofar, except two. This is your final explanation for it?

Low resolution and bad quality making braceless teeth look like braces?

Lol.

Well, I found this picture, a blow up of the mouth of what is seen currently....
Question is, could this in itself be genuine a...tri-brace?

edit on 26-8-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

He was refering to ME threads in general.

All I know is is that this one brought out a lot of people who I hadn't seen entertaining the theory before, noticing the change.

Which is what I expected with this example.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Yeah, very sane.......let's look at some other low resolution stuff and look how many braces we see in actor's mouths.

BS.

And the point was(which you ignored again) that your "statistic" is not supported by the reactions in this thread.
edit on 26-8-2016 by FlabberGhast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Yeah, very sane.......let's look at some other low resolution stuff and look how many braces we see in actor's mouths.

BS.

Your priceless.

What exactly do you believe you have uncovered?
What are the effects exactly? Ramifications?

Make it relevant, if you can.
edit on 26-8-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Still not buying into it completely but I have to admit it makes you stop and think. I have many strange dejavue´s lately, could be that, also. Maybe I´m missing a crucial mineral or something in my diet.

Anyways, I´m on the fence.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I think I am done with you. All you can do is deflect.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I think I am done with you. All you can do is deflect.

Answer the questions. Make it relevant.

If you gonna join up over and over and peddle this tripe you could at least come prepared instead of rehashing other posts or copy/pasting other posts from YouTube.

Let's here it champ.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I got to be honest, this is really blowing my mind. As I mentioned earlier, I am big Bond fan. I am one of these people who constantly has an old bond movie playing in the background especially when they run Bond marathons on TV. I know god damn well that chick had a mouth full of braces looking like a female Birdman in that scene.

So I did a quick search of movie images and I'll be damned if none of them show her having braces. WTF?

To date, I have not really paid any attention to this Mandela Effect, but now I am really wigging out.

The only thing I can think of is the mind has an ability to project things we want to see. In other words, fills in the blanks. So in this case, maybe our minds are projecting that the chick SHOULD have had braces on in the scene but she really didn't.

To be honest, I don't think that is the answer, but that is the only rational explanation I can think of...

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I got to be honest, this is really blowing my mind. As I mentioned earlier, I am big Bond fan. I am one of these people who constantly has an old bond movie playing in the background especially when they run Bond marathons on TV. I know god damn well that chick had a mouth full of braces looking like a female Birdman in that scene.

So I did a quick search of movie images and I'll be damned if none of them show her having braces. WTF?

To date, I have not really paid any attention to this Mandela Effect, but now I am really wigging out.

The only thing I can think of is the mind has an ability to project things we want to see. In other words, fills in the blanks. So in this case, maybe our minds are projecting that the chick SHOULD have had braces on in the scene but she really didn't.

To be honest, I don't think that is the answer, but that is the only rational explanation I can think of...

And a far better/more likely scenario.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Because no other explanation fits?

None are as ridiculous as low resolution making white teeth look like braces.

I'd say the idea that you've jumped from one timeline to another is many times more ridiculous than that.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Probably just an artifact. I don't think there was any tampering with footage.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Off course you would. I would say that I am sure that low resolution doesn't magically make braces appear. I am not sure that the timelineshifting doesn't exist, or whatever is behind the ME.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I wasn't the one who said everybody I was quoting from the internet movie database (which is pretty much the bible when it comes to films these days)

Moonraker (1979) Trivia

Although everybody remembers Dolly (played by Blanche Ravalec) wearing braces in the scene where she meets Jaws for the first time, she doesn't wear braces at all!

I'm pretty sure if you polled all viewers of Moonraker 99.9% would say braces

Just in this thread 100% of posters agree on braces, small sample size sure but it's very rare you get 100% agreement in any sample size

Now, I'm not saying I agree with this whole Mandela effect thing, it makes absolutely no sense to alter such irrelevant things, however I will say that she had braces and now she does not and it certainly makes you wonder.

And I'm sorry but saying the grainy video quality of old caused us to imagine she had braces when she didn't I cannot see that in anyway a logical reason as if it was the case there would be more occurrences of phantom braces in other movies. Yet it's just one single actress from one single movie

And to further add to this, it was only a few months back I actually looked up that actress and she definitely had braces in the scenes, it's why I'm wasting time with this back & forth because it's not faulty memory when it's recent memory
edit on 26/8/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Greggers

Off course you would. I would say that I am sure that low resolution doesn't magically make braces appear. I am not sure that the timelineshifting doesn't exist, or whatever is behind the ME.

I would say that degraded video quality in general can create all sorts of artifacts that could easily be mistaken for any number of things, depending upon the nature of the scene.

Also, we have empirical evidence that degraded video quality actually exists.

We have no empirical evidence that alternate timelines exist.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I dont know anything about that movie (although I loved playing as Jaws in Goldeneye 64).

But I do know about a movie term known as "Goofs". Pretty much every movie ever has some listed in the Trivia section of their imdb page. Even some of these modern billion dollar box office flicks are loaded with them.

Here is the such page for this film:
www.imdb.com...

Although everybody remembers Dolly (played by Blanche Ravalec) wearing braces in the scene where she meets Jaws for the first time, she doesn't wear braces at all!

Hmmmmmmm......

So, although everyone remembers Dolly wearing braces, because I do, and in all fairness I remember it well because that's what she was meant to be wearing to align with Jaws and his metal teeth.

I don't know about the Mandela effect, but someone is screwing with us here.

It seems like really obscure and mostly benign supposed occurrences of this. The reactions to it are even more bizarre

Ill tell you this, between 2008-2012 i experienced what seemed like this kind of stuff, dimensional shifting. The conclusion? I got lured in and whatever 'it' was did not have my best interests in mind.

If you find yourself obssessed with the mandela effect, id be real cautious and do my best to take my focus away from it.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
But to be clear, I don't actually think "degraded video quality" is really the answer.

Instead, I would be looking at the common sociological and cultural experiences and presuppositions that would have caused large numbers of people to misremember that scene.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Can someone explain this website? It is a Bond fan website with all the characters. If you go half way down, they list Dolly and in the description, it mentions she has braces... yet the picture next to the description shows no braces. Weird. Universal Exports is the fake company used as cover for Bond in the movies.

Universal Exports

In perhaps the strangest love affair in the series, Jaws meets Dolly in Rio after his failed attempt on Bond and Goodhead's lives. The complete opposite of Jaws, Dolly is a short blond girl with pigtails, glasses and braces. It is her influence that leads Jaws to the side of good and she also hears the one line Jaws says in his two movies, "Well, here's to us."

edit on 26-8-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

I wasn't the one who said everybody I was quoting from the internet movie database (which is pretty much the bible when it comes to films these days)

Moonraker (1979) Trivia

I'm pretty sure if you polled all viewers of Moonraker 99.9% would say braces

Just in this thread 100% of posters agree on braces, small sample size sure but it's very rare you get 100% agreement in any sample size

Now, I'm not saying I agree with this whole Mandela effect thing, it makes absolutely no sense to alter such irrelevant things, however I will say that she had braces and now she does not and it certainly makes you wonder.

And I'm sorry but saying the grainy video quality of old caused us to imagine she had braces when she didn't I cannot see that in anyway a logical reason as if it was the case there would be more occurrences of phantom braces in other movies. Yet it's just one single actress from one single movie

I'm saying that the grainy movie could be the cause for me to remeber it wrong. For you it could be something else entirely.

People using their memory of a movie this old as proof of a reality altering phenomenon is insane.

People trying to convince others that their memories are proof of universes converging is psychotic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join