It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inauguration Day In Pictures

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobraOk, but that gives the right to the people to have a peaceful assemble.

Nothing about the protestee.

the people refers to individuals, anyone can understand this, destroying property isnt exactly legal or peaceful. it was like 30 people doing it anyways, not like the police were excessive, just one spray, few arrests, then it was fine when they stopped, just saw snow balls the rest of the time hitting police, one officer was even knocked over and didnt fight back, to me it looked like police were reasonable.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

Originally posted by SpittinCobraOk, but that gives the right to the people to have a peaceful assemble.

Nothing about the protestee.

the people refers to individuals, anyone can understand this.

I disagree, The people are the people and not the goverment.

In the same way the people have the right to bare arms. And the Goverment doesnt have the right to take it away.

Do you think this right to bare arms was given so things would be peaceful?

[edit on 20-1-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
people:A body of persons...

i said nothing about government, what the hell? youre trying to argue on purpose, i know you are smart enough to know what words mean, obviously yourw looking for an excuse to bash police even though the protestors caused it by unlawful acts.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by namehere]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
OK quick question.... Has there been any Hatred for a President that has been shown to the extent that they do for W?
NO
Never, ever has there been this hatred for a president.

Beleive me, Never. So you wonder what makes Bush so special? He's brought it on himself with his lies since day ONE.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Pepper spraying ppl in free speech zones is....ANTI-AMERICAN! So is prisoner abuse....but they did that anyway and then said that they are above the world court and not subject to any reprimands for their actions??? The geneva conventions do not apply to them but to everyone else?

This country has never been so divided as it is now...and it has never been so hated in the world has it is now.

Thanks, w3bush.

You will not take away our civil liberties....you may try...you will try...but you will not do it.

Hopefully this next 4 years will go by quickly.

What a disgrace.

I feel ashamed to be an American and I love my country...but the current government???....blah!

Thank you for the pics...I have saved them for future generations.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
OK quick question.... Has there been any Hatred for a President that has been shown to the extent that they do for W?
NO
Never, ever has there been this hatred for a president.

Not true. Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Woodrow Wilson were all elected in divisive times, and were quite hated by many people when they were serving as President. (Remember the Civil War, in Lincoln's case?) And these are just three random examples.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
They were protesting.

right, pushing a barricade down, trying to push past the spot as police tried to repair it and throwing stuff is legal protesting?

Maybe they were also over excited how many times in sports events and Misc...Fans storm into the field.

Besides they wern't allowed tickets.

2nd if they did become hostile, they deserve the right to be hostile, especially since the Goverment spent Millions of dollars to protect that idiot anyways, why hired security and not use it?

geee that money should've been used in wise ways.

But having a nation runned by idiots is what some just want, since they(the Blind) know no better.....too much Ignorance....in the States of America

[edit on 21-1-2005 by 2ndSEED]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
A recent poll showed a LARGE MAJORITY of the world (emphasis on Majority), felt Bushes re-election made the world MORE unstable, MORE violent and MORE dangerous. Ok, so now we're not simply talking about the 50.8 of americans that voted for him, we're talking about the world population, or rather, the governments of the world that represent their people to varying degrees....

Now if that doesn't put the point across about how bad Dubya is for the US and the world in general, I don't know what will...

Daddy was a war mongerer, but was able to restrain himself....but lil dubbya on the other hand, well, he's on a mission from god, nothing's going to stop him cos god is supporting him...

Now let's see. Rome. During the peak of their power, now let's see how did they rule? Oh yeah that's right, by shere brute force "you're with us, or against us". They ruled by sheer military might and a style of democracy that only those loyal to Rome were allowed to exercise....as long as they continued to support Rome.

Now hmmm what happened to Rome...oh yeah, that's right they tried to rule the world and the people got sick of them and rebellled.....

The US government better watch out, or they'll become the next rome.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Wait a second...50.8 and 48.3? WTF happened to the other 0.9%?
That just get lost did it?

the people refers to individuals, anyone can understand this, destroying property isnt exactly legal or peaceful. it was like 30 people doing it anyways, not like the police were excessive, just one spray, few arrests, then it was fine when they stopped, just saw snow balls the rest of the time hitting police, one officer was even knocked over and didnt fight back, to me it looked like police were reasonable.

The "people" is a generilisation of "person" , the US cant tell anyone whats legal and whats not.
Also using a fire house to spray pepper spray???
GET REAL! Even our army dont do that! Water cannons , thats it.
Do you know how much that hurts?
Using a 10 bar hose for pepper spray is excessive.
A snow ball is diffrent than a fire hose.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
At least you haven't classified this as "fair coverage photos".

Those protesters were trying to disrupt the inauguration. Perhaps you think that is what protesters should do. They tried their best to break through the fence. What kind of riot would have they caused then.

I think it is really sad that the inauguration of the the President of the United States has to be protected from the few who would cause harm to the president.

The world might have been a different place if President Kennedy had this kind of protection from a protester.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I think torture is going to be the keyword for 2005.

I agree, using a hose to spray pepper spray is verging on torture. It could kill those with breathing issues or permanently disable people.

The thing that shocks me is the honeymoon periods length. It's so short. Normally a President has 2 weeks of press coverage that is verging on oral sex, It seems that Bush's honeymoon lasted only hours. Even Peggy Noonan took a swipe at him and I haven't even checked the NY times.

He won't serve a full 2nd term. You mark my words.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Ever heard of third party candidates like Ralph Nader?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by devilwasp

Ever heard of third party candidates like Ralph Nader?

No, never heard about dear Ralph, but I did vote Michael Badnarik :p

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Excellent collage, some of them gave me a good laugh and some were disturbing.

Edit: Never mind someone already answered the question about what they were spraying them with in this thread...

[edit on 21-1-2005 by Trent]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity why do I not see any older people in those pictures? They all look like kids still living at home with mom and dad or should be away at college?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
LET ME TELL YOU GUYS SOMETHING------CLINTON HAD PROTESTORS TOO!!!!! AND THEY WERE KEPT A COUPLE OF MILES AWAY IN A FENCE. SO U KNOW ITS NOT JUST BUSH NOT WANTING THEM AROUND. NEITHER DID CLINTON. CLINTON HAD A FEW ACTUALLY PUT IN JAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Shar...why are you yelling...calm down and uncap please!?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
LET ME TELL YOU GUYS SOMETHING------CLINTON HAD PROTESTORS TOO!!!!! AND THEY WERE KEPT A COUPLE OF MILES AWAY IN A FENCE. SO U KNOW ITS NOT JUST BUSH NOT WANTING THEM AROUND. NEITHER DID CLINTON. CLINTON HAD A FEW ACTUALLY PUT IN JAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its the system not the person.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

Clintons biggest "crime" was a blowjob in office.

Do you *really* want people to compare?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
If Clintons biggest crime was just a blowjob then why did his own cabnet people commit suicide or dyed suddenly as well as goto prison ??????????

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join