It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inauguration Day In Pictures

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Another one for the lineup. Don't know where it came from but Wonkette had it and it's very postable.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by Nerdling]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thing is, eventhough he did get elected president, again, it was only by less then 50% of the people that actualy went to vote.

Next to that, the president of the United States of America, is not only the president for those who voted for him, but the President of the ENTIRE people of the United States.

But in Bush's words, "Your either with me or against me" so in his mind, hes only the president for the people that voted for him.

Imho that disqualify's him from being inaugurated in the first place. His mindset is not as a president for the people, but as a president for those who voted for him and the rest can goto hell(preferably as fragbait for one of his current or future wars.)

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

but as a president for those who voted for him and the rest can goto hell

You maybe right. I feel he doesnt even care about the ones who voted for him. I feel he thinks he is doing everything right, he realy does, he thinks its his place to rid the world of evil, what ever that means to him. I just dont understand how he is going to do it in four years. March it will be 3 in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
actually if you listened to his speech today you would of heard that he was telling people to unite again how they did after 9-11... He wants both sides united, it's not him who has the problem. If people want to stay angry and hate, thats their right... It's too bad though because thats not the character of america's citizens and immigrants and non immigrants.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

It's Judge Dredd !!!

I wonder how long before Dubya renames New York 'Mega City One'

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
funny:

REUTERS/Jason Reed

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
actually if you listened to his speech today you would of heard that he was telling people to unite again how they did after 9-11... He wants both sides united, it's not him who has the problem. If people want to stay angry and hate, thats their right... It's too bad though because thats not the character of america's citizens and immigrants and non immigrants.

First, a speech is made to bull trough a timeperiod apealing to all who might be listening, writen by someone who isn't G W Bush and who has the task to make everything sound and seem nice and cool, especialy on national tele.
Judge a man by his deeds, not by the *blip* that comes out of his mouth. And all hes done so far is start wars, create a national deficit and cheat and lie to the people of the US and the world.

Second, the way Bush wants the people to unite is by everyone comming to HIS side and seeing things HIS way and doing things HIS way, because for him, its HIS way or the highway, your either with him or against him.

In reality though, there is no way in hell that'll ever happen, not without everyone that didn't want him in office being lobotomized or worse.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by thematrix]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Thing is, eventhough he did get elected president, again, it was only by less then 50% of the people that actualy went to vote.

This is wrong! Voter turnout was at 60.7%, the highest level since the election of 1968 when Nixon was elected.

Bush received 62,028,719 votes, or 50.8 percent. Democrat John Kerry received 59,028,550 votes, or 48.3 percent.

Source: story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050115/ap_on_re_us/election_turnout

Next to that, the president of the United States of America, is not only the president for those who voted for him, but the President of the ENTIRE people of the United States.

But in Bush's words, "Your either with me or against me" so in his mind, hes only the president for the people that voted for him.

Imho that disqualify's him from being inaugurated in the first place. His mindset is not as a president for the people, but as a president for those who voted for him and the rest can goto hell(preferably as fragbait for one of his current or future wars.)

This is a gross misquote. He was not speaking to U.S. citizens, he was speaking to foreign governments and said "Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."

Source: www.whitehouse.gov...

[edit on 1/20/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
There is a difference between peaceful protest and freedom of speech and assembly. These were not peaceful protestors.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Hurling bottles and debris at police officers and the parade is not guaranteed to us. If there was a new movie out that you and a group of people disagreed with, you wouldn't claim it was your right to buy a ticket and then stand up and holler throughout the whole movie and throw things at the screen would you? It boils down to common sense.

Also, I don't recall President Bush saying those who didn't vote for him were against him, I believe he said that about terrorism and states that sponsor it.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
actually if you listened to his speech today you would of heard that he was telling people to unite again how they did after 9-11...

You're right; we were united. Dubya then told us to go shopping.

He wants both sides united, it's not him who has the problem.

'Fess up: did you type that with a straight face? This is the "you're with us or against us" president we're talking about.

If people want to stay angry and hate, thats their right... It's too bad though because thats not the character of america's citizens and immigrants and non immigrants.

Being disgusted with the status quo was the impetus that drove our forefathers to create this great country of ours...or have you forgotten that?

Besides, TrueLies, when did you become such a fan of Bush?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandge

Right, didnt she post pics of her and a Lib canadate?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by sandge

Right, didnt she post pics of her and a Lib canadate?

Recognizing people mis-quoting the President (something he does enough of on his own) and people who think violent protesting is freedom of speech does not make one a fan of Bush.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

They were protesting.

right, pushing a barricade down, trying to push past the spot as police tried to repair it and throwing stuff is legal protesting?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

They were protesting.

right, pushing a barricade down, trying to push past the spot as police tried to repair it and throwing stuff is legal protesting?

Sometime to be heard you have to make some noise. Can you show me the legal rules of what can happen during a protest? I dont know what they are, I would like to.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

They were protesting.

Where I grew up, that was just a fun Saturday night.

...with apologies to everyone in the great state of Louisiana, home of mudriding, drive-through bars and snipe hunting.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobraSometime to be heard you have to make some noise. Can you show me the legal rules of what can happen during a protest? I dont know what they are, I would like to.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

right there in bold....

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobraSometime to be heard you have to make some noise. Can you show me the legal rules of what can happen during a protest? I dont know what they are, I would like to.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

right there in bold....

Ok, but that gives the right to the people to have a peaceful assemble.

Nothing about the protestee.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well, I've seen plenty of pictures showing protestors burning flags and carrying them upside down.
Don't see too many of those images in this topic.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
OK quick question.... Has there been any Hatred for a President that has been shown to the extent that they do for W? I never remember seeing images like this for Clinton, Bush Sr., or Reagen. I believe people disliked them for some reason or another, but have not gone all out as they do for W.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
OK quick question.... Has there been any Hatred for a President that has been shown to the extent that they do for W? I never remember seeing images like this for Clinton, Bush Sr., or Reagen. I believe people disliked them for some reason or another, but have not gone all out as they do for W.

That should tell you something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join