It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you get into Heaven through numerous different religious beliefs?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Before I start, I would like to make clear that I am Christian, and I have no doubt what-so-ever that I am going to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven when I leave this earth, but I also believe that you can still enter into Heaven even if you have a totally different belief system other than my own. No human can say whether or not you are going to heaven or hell. That is not for myself, nor any other person to decide. That is a choice between that person and God only, no matter what name they call Him.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bubba1020
What are you going to be doing in heaven?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

No offense, but if you already have an established set of beliefs, then why was this thread titled in question form?

Your OP was a statement that you seem ptetty certain of. Are you looking for other's opinions on the subject?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

There is no God, only Zuul.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
If you believe that religions other than your own have their own respective "Heavens", wouldn't they be different...uh, 'places'?

Or are you suggesting these different routes all end up in the same "Heaven"?

Wouldn't that get more than a little awkward?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I think yes. In fact, I dare say the answer has to be yes or the vast majority of people are screwed. If there's only one way to get into Heaven, who's to say that any of our current ways is that sole correct way? In other words, the "correct" path to Heaven may have been lost a long time ago and we're all following frauds right now. After all, none of us was around during the days of the Prophets so there's no guarantee that any of our "scriptures" are even the real deal.

I actually think the main "path" to Heaven is based on really simple concepts, like honoring & respecting God, rejecting negativity & doing no harm, embracing positivity while doing good deeds, helping and respecting God's Creations (including other humans & Nature), trying to prove ourselves to God, worshiping God alone, etc. Even something as simple as rejecting the "7 Sins" & personifying the "7 Virtues" can be a major help.

Luckily, 2 of our names for "God" translate into "The Beneficent" and "The Merciful", and we believe He is incredibly forgiving and merciful to His Creations. So I think that as long as people follow those basics that I alluded to, they're still on the correct "path", regardless of which religion they identify with. And on the other hand, I highly doubt someone will get into Heaven if they intentionally reject those basics I alluded to, even if they consider themselves "believers". As in, how can someone expect to get into Heaven if they intentionally destroy God's Creations?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bubba1020
Before I start, I would like to make clear that I am Christian, and I have no doubt what-so-ever that I am going to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven when I leave this earth, but I also believe that you can still enter into Heaven even if you have a totally different belief system other than my own. No human can say whether or not you are going to heaven or hell. That is not for myself, nor any other person to decide. That is a choice between that person and God only, no matter what name they call Him.

Why God singular? Why not Gods plural? What about the God's older than the Christian God?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
As a Christian you have to believe that there was a time when everyone on the planet believed they didn't have to follow "just one God" or that there was not simply "one correct way" to worship him.

Then there was a flood...

(There are many gods, but thou shalt hold NONE before me. ~Deuteronomy 5:7)
(For you shall NOT worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God. ~Exodus 34:14)

Food for thought.

EDIT - as a pagan - I've often envisioned my Heaven much like your hell and vice versa. I seriously doubt we all end up in the same place for leading "good lives".
edit on 16-8-2016 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
No you can't get in multiple ways there is but one way and that is through Jesus Christ for all have fallen short of the glory of God implies no matter how "good" you are or were in you life you have sinned and fell short missed the mark seeing as sin is originally an archery term
And you sure your getting in with a theology as you have so stated sounds very deceived I wouldn't be too sure
You said a prayer and asked Jesus into your heart right well for one that's found nowhere in the scriptures meaning that isn't how you get in do you pray regularly do you repent turning from immoral things you once found pleasure in do you feel ashamed when you do something wrong and seek to rectify it with God immediately these are just a few signs of true salvation
And if your saying all religions get I your calling Jesus a liar which leads me to believe you like contemporary Christianity not biblical one is of the world and that world is ran and owned by Satan
The other relies on grace and faith to attain the end goal of heaven
You really should read your bible more often as should I even as I have been I have been realizing this "Mandela effect" is very real and came to the conclusion that this is the strong delusion sent by God because people did not love the truth and turned from God and their hearts hardend and grew cold
Having said all this in short no there is only one way to heaven and that is through the sinless man Christ Jesus who took upon the sin of the entire world so that we may be saved from eternity without the presence of God I would sincerely suggest listening to Paul washer sermons as well as studying the word more and realizing without Jesus you aren't "good enough" to get into heaven no matter what you do it just won't work

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JasonG559
No you can't get in multiple ways there is but one way and that is through Jesus Christ

What about all the people who died before Jesus was around? Surely it's not fair to condemn those people to hell?

What about religions that don't necessarily have Jesus as a figurehead, what about the gentle, good people of that faith. Why would any god refuse them access to heaven simply for believing in something different?

Is the Christian god so petty?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Although your OP is quite mistaken in certain areas you answered yourself there too. It is not up to anyone else. It is up to God alone, and the person.

So really the correct question would be: What are the requirements that God has set forth, and are you living by them?

Not even all good people go to heaven. There are many servants of the true God who never had the hope of going to heaven. And in actuality before Jesus descended from heaven not one single human ever ascended to heaven.

Jesus was the first person who lived as a human that was resurrected to spirit life and returned to heaven.

There are a few that are called and bought from the earth to go with him during the return of Christ. But even they are still resting asleep in death awaiting the trumpet call to raise them from the dead.

And all of those who do make it are severely tried and tested and are only granted the crown of life if they endure down to the end faithfully, and by the rules.

Scripture tells us that there is only one way to life. And that while there are two roads, the large and spacious road with most people on it is leading them to destruction. The road that leads to life is narrow and cramped, hard to follow, and few are the ones that will find it.

(John 3:13) . . .Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven but the one who descended from heaven, the Son of man.

(Ephesians 4:4-6) . . .One body there is, and one spirit, just as you were called to the one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

(Matthew 7:13, 14) . . .“Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it.

(Revelation 3:21)  To the one who conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, just as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.

edit on 16-8-2016 by GailNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

If you got no doubt about going to heaven, you probably end in hell.
Just saying: self-righteousness.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what religion you are.

It's about how good you're soul is, good heaven/bad hell, well that's the usual concept seems to be... Being honest it doesn't matter how good/bad you are in life cause we don't really know what will happen, what happens to me might not happen to you visa versa.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
He went to hell for three days before the resurrection and gathered the just souls my frienda reply to: mr-lizard

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Never heard of Elijah or Enoch I take it they both ascended before Christ in linear time seeing as Jesus was there from the foundation of the earth he came he conquered death hell and the grave a and he returned to heaven now we're waiting on the second advent only a reply to: GailNot

edit on 16-8-2016 by JasonG559 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JasonG559

Jesus, like Enoch, like many, Noah, Joseph... all aliens. Think about that. Tesla.
Did you ever think about why it is easier to clone humans, than sheep, rats, mice... doesn't that bother you if you do?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
No and all these supposed aliens are either fallen angels and or demons and none of the people you named were either of which don't really concern me about cloning as Solomon the wisest man ever once said there is nothing new under the sun the fallen angels in Genesis 6 are what your referring to and they did mix and mess with genetics so it's no marvel that that's happening by godless amoral scientists now that technology of the fallen angels is all the tesla things his father had a lot of connections with the Vatican the mother of harlots and his son went through their secret archives regularly to understand all that suppressed fallen angel technology
a reply to: Peeple

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JasonG559

All those stories, are basically human alien interaction history. Boil it down!

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
That's your belief a reply to: Peeple

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
That's your belief a reply to: Peeple

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join