It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: ‘Black Lives Matter’ rioters target whites for beat downs

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: wantsome

I remember D Town in the 90's. We'd get lost late night all the time trying to find rave parties. The standard rule was if the light ahead was red you'd speed up and run it instead of stop. Now I hear most the lights don't even work.

Another time we stopped at a gas station for directions. One dude was all like 'ya I know where that is as a matter of fact I'm going that way myself'. After we declined giving him a ride he proceeded to dive thru the back window where there was 3 of us already filling the sedan slot. Driver speed out while we pushed him out with feet and arms and he skidded across the parking lot. It was always pretty much like this trying to get directions, although this was the most extreme case.

Another time, I parked, lady on a walker followed me from around the street, came all at me "GIVE ME $20!". Later when I came out to head home, still late AM, her she came again. Same thing "GIVE ME $20" as she approached. I said "I dont have any I just spent it all in there". "BULLSH#T!" she exclaimed.

Tampa is much better. Detroit the only place I've been where the bums literally try to rob you more times than not.

And that was all in the 90's!
Yeah I use to go to raves in the 90's also. Parties in abandoned warehouses on the river front. Yeah I've been in some of the worst area's of Detroit. There are places the cops won't even go. My buddy had someone randomly shoot at his car. He had a 12 gauge slug go through the car door and hit one of the passengers. It went through both of his knees. I have so many messed up stories I could tell from living here the past 40 years. Most of the crime stayed across 8 mile in the inner city. Now it's spreading to the suburbs like a virus. Housing prices dropped after 2008 and landlords bought them up. Now the section 8ers have moved to the burbs. They brought all their hood buddies with them. I have neighbor that is mentally challenged. He cuts grass for extra money. He has a bicycle rigged with a trailer that he tows around a lawnmower with. Some 18 year old punk hoodrat beat him up and put him in the hospital and took his lawnmower. They caught the little dirt bag and he's looking at 15 years.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

So, you admit your mind is closed on the subject.

No. I'm never closed to education. I was simply implying that even if this one video wasn't BLM as it states, there are other facts not in dispute that would be evidence of their racism against whites and their hate of police. But please...if you can show this video's attribution is incorrect or dispute the other facts about their movement...I would be happy to review the evidence. Just don't make unsupported statements of opinion and call them facts. It doesn't work that way.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It's a shame BLM feel the need to throw fuel on the fire without any investigation.
Apparently the violence was a 'protest' and they will only denounce the police shooting.

Deeray McKeeson : BLM Leader
I denounce the state violence that led to any protests in the first place.

What a scum bag.

spectator.org...

I think this closes the debate on BLM's position.
edit on 16/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

We all know where All Lives Matter started. It started as a rejection to Black Lives Matter. It has no other purpose other than to stand against Black Lives Matter.

WHen you Add the RACE identifier and specifically say Only they deserve justice only THAT is RACISM. Al human lives do matter and if you dont think they do then you are the racist.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
No. I'm never closed to education. ...there are other facts not in dispute that would be evidence of their racism against ... and their hate of ....

Okay, I'll take you at your word that your mind is open... Black Lives Matter is not a racist hate group, just as the police departments across the country are not racist hate groups-- even though racism and hatred can exist anywhere. Racist a-holes can be found wearing a badge, striking a gavel, or engaging in violent protest.

You talk about evidence of racism... BLM's entire movement started because of the overwhelming amount of evidence of systemic racism in the law enforcement and criminal justice system. We have too many videos of unarmed black people being killed by police. BLM claims black people are not treated as fairly as white people. And would that be so surprising? You don't have to support BLM, but you also don't need to fight it.

I support the efforts of law enforcement, even though racist d-bags exist within their ranks, just as I support BLM's cause even though some a-holes who don't represent the values act out violently.

Just be fair. Open minded and fair.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
No. I'm never closed to education. ...there are other facts not in dispute that would be evidence of their racism against ... and their hate of ....

Okay, I'll take you at your word that your mind is open... Black Lives Matter is not a racist hate group, just as the police departments across the country are not racist hate groups-- even though racism and hatred can exist anywhere. Racist a-holes can be found wearing a badge, striking a gavel, or engaging in violent protest.

You talk about evidence of racism... BLM's entire movement started because of the overwhelming amount of evidence of systemic racism in the law enforcement and criminal justice system. We have too many videos of unarmed black people being killed by police. BLM claims black people are not treated as fairly as white people. And would that be so surprising? You don't have to support BLM, but you also don't need to fight it.

I support the efforts of law enforcement, even though racist d-bags exist within their ranks, just as I support BLM's cause even though some a-holes who don't represent the values act out violently.

Just be fair. Open minded and fair.

It's fairly obvious that black people are not treated as fairly as white people. Unfortunately BLM and those that follow their agenda are looking in the wrong place.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It's fairly obvious that black people are not treated as fairly as white people.

And THAT'S what BLM is about. Bringing awareness to that issue and calling for change.
edit on 16-8-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

It's fairly obvious that black people are not treated as fairly as white people.

And THAT'S what BLM is about. Bringing awareness to that issue and calling for change.

Yes, but they are looking in the wrong place and their approach makes them nothing more than a terrorist group.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

That's an extremely, radically skewed perception you have. MLK was also accused of inciting violence... I suppose he too would have been labeled a terrorist by you. I think you drink too much "War on terror"-Kool-Aid.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Show me one post of mine where i complain about things.

This is really unfair ... but, you made me do it. 5/7 is a staggering percentage of 'complaints'.

LOL

And ... watch out for traffic that my be speeding away from the scene.

That sir, was brilliant. Ha ha.

It would be good if there was a dedicated group of citizens called Every Life Matters....

Oh well, back to lurking.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

That's an extremely, radically skewed perception you have. MLK was also accused of inciting violence... I suppose he too would have been labeled a terrorist by you. I think you drink too much "War on terror"-Kool-Aid.

No, I just call any group that calls for killing cops and widespread violence a terrorist group.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

MLK didnt incite violence. now MALCOM X did but not MLK.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

No, MLK did not, but his opponents accused him of it. Protests and marches on racial inequality can get passionate and ugly. Doesn't surprise me that MLK's opponents would blame him for any violence that erupted back in the day...

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

No, I just call any group that calls for killing cops and widespread violence a terrorist group.

BLM does not call for killing cops or for widespread violence, so your false terrorist label does not apply.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

BLM does not call for killing cops or for widespread violence, so your false terrorist label does not apply.

'Pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon'. Perhaps they were asking them out for breakfast?

edit on 16/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

They accused him of it, but such attempts failed outright and were easily disproven because MLK knew how to peace march. Peace and non violent protesting was a part of his message each and every time. He made it very clear there was no tolerance for violence in his message, it was a major cornerstone of his movement. NOT a side note only brought out when forced due to public overwhelming public outcry.

In fact because MLK was so strongly non violent, and it was an important part of every protest, shouted loudly with bullhorns when necessary, any attempts to accuse him of inciting violence was so easily proven wrong, each attempt at doing so actually helped his movement.

His people would allow themselves to be beaten by the police and dragged in without lifting a finger. They knew what a non violent protest was about. Showing you were in the right and exposing how your enemies are not. Showing you will take the high ground while they will not.

So sick of claims BLM are peace-marching and peaceful when they barely even pay lip service to peace and non violence.
edit on 8/16/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

They accused of it, but such attempts failed outright and were easily disproven because MLK knew how to peace march. Peace and non violent protesting was a part of his message each and every time. He made it very clear there was no tolerance for violence in his message, it was a major cornerstone of his movement. NOT a side note only brought out when forced due to public overwhelming public outcry.

Which is why MLK was nothing like the current BLM leaders.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

WRONG.

edit on 17-8-2016 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Something I keep trying to get across to these people.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

They accused of it, but such attempts failed outright and were easily disproven because MLK knew how to peace march.

Yeah I'm sure MLK's opponents conceded on every accusation. I'm sure they accepted right away that his cause was peaceful, as soon as he reinforced the message. The racists of his day were probably very reasonable about his intentions. Just as I'm sure the BLM opponents today allow themselves to be corrected when reminded of the guiding principles of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Fact is, Black Lives Matter does not promote violence against police or white people. That's not to say that protesters haven't said inappropriate things, but the few do not represent the majority and they do not represent the principles of the movement.

This is the message of BLM:

We are committed to collectively, lovingly and courageously working vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension all people. As we forge our path, we intentionally build and nurture a beloved community that is bonded together through a beautiful struggle that is restorative, not depleting.

blacklivesmatter.com...

The biggest difference between MLK and Black Lives Matter is MLK was a singular man, while BLM is a collective. Anybody can carry a banner, start chanting, and soil the movement. And that's what you see in those clips.

It is not a terrorist group. It is not a hate group. The problems they shine a spotlight on are real.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join