It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood Hypocrite Will Smith Calls for a Cleanse of Trump and His Supporters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beach Bum
a reply to: TheBulk

Can't say I'm surprised, he used to be a halfway decent individual. Sad but back in the day I actually liked Will Smith, now everything I see him in just gets real old real fast.

Will Smith is getting more like Hillary Clinton. Attempting to Simply coast along based on name recognition alone.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yet this thread was created for the sole purpose of bashing him for exercising his own right to free speech and expression, despite him having the same freedom to do so as Trump or anyone else in this country. Hmmm...

Free expression doesn't include the right to call for "cleansing" of any particular group unless it's ISIS.

This: “[w]e get to know who people are and now we get to cleanse it out of our country" is straight out of the Nazi playbook.

Scary times in America when "role models" are talking about a purge or cleanse of their fellow citizens.

As I showed this is his full sentences. "IT" was the insistence on removing and one people from the USA.

Read his full interview or watch it before conclusions like Nazi!

Smith then voiced his disappointment in the Republican nominee for
president, Donald Trump, and his loyal followers. The GOP candidate has
repeatedly said he would ban Muslim immigration to the United States.
“As painful as it is to hear Donald Trump talk and as embarrassing as it is as an
American to hear him talk, I think it’s good,” the 47-year-old said. “We get to
know who people are and now we get to cleanse it out of our country.”

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
He was bullied as a child in a bad part of PA so I kinda get his point. If not for a wealthy family relative no telling what would have happened to him so he should tread lightly on people like Trump.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The same hypocrite that didnt show up at Hollywood Oscars because he wasnt nominated for a prize, but used lack of diversity as an excuse, a SJW of Lollywood...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: TheBulk
Who is the "they" who need to learn to "not fear black skin"?

That's not in the article!

What a waste of time! The guy has an opinion. The ONLY reason you care about it is because he's black and you can make him out to seem racist. So, you jump on the opportunity.

It is in the article they linked in the newsbusters article:

www.ctvnews.ca...

Smith also spoke about the upcoming U.S. presidential elections, saying he believes it's important "to speak out about the insanity" surrounding the race.
Earlier in his campaign, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said he would temporarily ban Muslims from entering the United States, sparking outcry particularly in Dubai, where Trump has lent his name to several high-profile real estate projects.

"As painful as it is to hear Donald Trump talk and as embarrassing as it is as an American to hear him talk, I think it's good," Smith said. "We get to know who people are and now we get to cleanse it out of our country."

Smith has similarly been vocal about issues of race and discrimination in Hollywood. Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett Smith boycotted this year's Oscar ceremony in protest against two straight years of all-white acting nominees. The boycott by the couple and other prominent black actors prompted the film academy to promise it would double the number of female and minority members and diversify its leadership.

He said Sunday he believes it's his responsibility to create an impression with people "where when they see a black man, the energy that we had can be what they remember."

"They have to know that your black skin won't hurt them," he said, recalling advice he'd received years ago from the late South African leader Nelson Mandela.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Here you go, in context! What he was referring to.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Smith then voiced his disappointment in the Republican nominee for
president, Donald Trump, and his loyal followers. The GOP candidate has
repeatedly said he would ban Muslim immigration to the United States
“As painful as it is to hear Donald Trump talk and as embarrassing as it is as an
American to hear him talk, I think it’s good,” the 47-year-old said. “We get to
know who people are and now we get to cleanse it out of our country.”

The actor slammed Trump last week for his hateful treatment of women, calling it
“absolute #ing insanity” that the business mogul could get away with his
disgusting comments.
“For a man to be able to publicly refer to a woman as a fat pig, that makes me
teary,” Smith said in an interview with Australian news websitenews.com.au.
We couldn’t agree more.

What he was referring to as to behavior.

Two brothers reportedly attacked a 58-year-old Hispanic homeless man in
Boston, breaking his nose and urinating on him, in mid-August. They
allegedly told police they targeted the man because of his ethnicity and added,
“Donald Trump was right, all these illegals need to be deported.” After the GOP
candidate was told of the attack, instead of denouncing the act Trump said his
followers were “passionate.”

Later the presidential candidate tweeted about the
incident, saying he would “never condone violence.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Notice that in one sentence he "slams Trump's treatment of women" (plural), then cites him calling Rossie O'Donnell a fat pig as his evidence. One person is not all women and I think we can all agree Rossie is a fat pig.

Why are you so easily fooled by such obvious deception?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yet this thread was created for the sole purpose of bashing him for exercising his own right to free speech and expression, despite him having the same freedom to do so as Trump or anyone else in this country. Hmmm...

And the creator of THIS thread is exercising their right to free speech and expression. Smith has the right to express his opinions and those of us that disagree with him have the right to express ours.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I think most rational thinking Americans are sick of people like this. We've had enough of their touchy feely bs that is more hogwash than substantive reasoning. Most of it lacks accuracy and is spouted by these narcissists that like to hear themselves bloviate.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Doesn't change the fact that the "cleansing" discussion was talking about Islamophobia, not white people or Trump supporters. These are two totally different comments on different subjects, on different occasions, at different times.

I understand you need to morph them together and twist them around, adding your own opinion, to further the narrative of your thread - that Will Smith is a racist and wants to cleanse the country of white people, Trump, and his supporters, but give it up, man...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

It only means he can read.
It only means he can act.
To me, his opinion means no more or no less than any other who implies racism...which is exactly nothing.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: uncommitted

Now, why are you lambasting someone exercising their right to free speech?

I'm "lambasting" what he said, not his frees speech. Perhaps you didn't know, but free speech doesn't protect you from criticism for what you say.

If you are referring to my comment about being very ambiguous about someone should be shot................. I kind of know you aren't dim enough to know that would be a comment about Trump leaving the gate swinging about what he meant yesterday.

It's obvious what he's saying given the entire context and quote of what he said. Maybe not so much if you're going by the selectively edited version. Irony.

Why are you putting the word lambasting in quotes - isn't it in your dictionary?

You are absolutely correct, free speech doesn't protect you from criticism, but it allows you to say it - why is Trump then to be seen as in some way protected by it because you think everyone else doesn't get the context - I saw the full section and it wasn't difficult to see what he was driving at, but you would rather deflect. The link didn't seem to quote Will Smith saying anything in particular - it seemed to be more the writers opinion of what he said and what he meant....... but of course you don't want to listen to that, do you.

www.bbc.co.uk...

How often do Trumps words need to be taken, not responded to until they are measured about context and correction from his camp before you find it an agreeable turn of events when if Clinton so much as winks you would assume she is signing a death warrant?

Silly season, just stop making it sillier.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
No he’s supporting racist and stupid cleansing as he sees it

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I think most rational thinking Americans are sick of people like this. We've had enough of their touchy feely bs that is more hogwash than substantive reasoning. Most of it lacks accuracy and is spouted by these narcissists that like to hear themselves bloviate.

I think most people would agree you have summed up Trump completely, and his supporters. It's refreshing to see someone being so open.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I need to cleanse myself of that dreck of a movie called suicide squad that he was in.He ruined that movie.

(post by Greggers removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

As this quote is CLEARLY being taken out of context and sensationalized by Newsbusters, this thread should probably be in the Mud Pit.

Given all this, it's more than absurd the media is in outrage mode over selectively edited Trump comments about 2nd amendment supporters.

It's funny how hypocritical you sound about the media sensationalizing Trumps words while you create a thread that is promoting the sensationalizing of someone else's words. I guess it's a case of "do as I say and not as I do."

It's not about sensationalising. It's about pointing out what is really going on and isn't being reported.

Sometimes that ends up being sensational, as is the case with the anti-Trump camp. What we are seeing there is people totally losing it in an effort to hang on to their (fake) world view and (fake) sense of self. I imagine this group as an old decayed table, and Trump is cutting off one leg at a time while it desperately tries to remain standing.

October surprise.

Maybe they are out there, but I haven't seen any video's like this from the anti Hillary camp. The Trump supporters seem a bit more level-headed to me.

soulwaxer

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Yeah mr PERFECT CHRISTIAN thinks he is so much better than anyone else. Im glad he wasnt in Independence day 2.
edit on 16000000pppm by yuppa because: FIXED

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

As this quote is CLEARLY being taken out of context and sensationalized by Newsbusters, this thread should probably be in the Mud Pit.

Given all this, it's more than absurd the media is in outrage mode over selectively edited Trump comments about 2nd amendment supporters.

It's funny how hypocritical you sound about the media sensationalizing Trumps words while you create a thread that is promoting the sensationalizing of someone else's words. I guess it's a case of "do as I say and not as I do."

It's not about sensationalising. It's about pointing out what is really going on and isn't being reported.

Sometimes that ends up being sensational, as is the case with the anti-Trump camp. What we are seeing there is people totally losing it in an effort to hang on to their (fake) world view and (fake) sense of self. I imagine this group as an old decayed table, and Trump is cutting off one leg at a time while it desperately tries to remain standing.

October surprise.

Maybe they are out there, but I haven't seen any video's like this from the anti Hillary camp. The Trump supporters seem a bit more level-headed to me.

soulwaxer

Cant wait for november trumps and is followers are already making excuses up if he dosent win, theres going to be a whole lot of crow eating.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Doesn't change the fact that the "cleansing" discussion was talking about Islamophobia, not white people or Trump supporters. These are two totally different comments on different subjects, on different occasions, at different times.
man...

I disagree.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

Taking words out of context is, "pointing out what is really going on and isn't being reported"? I just see it as a dishonest and lame tactic meant to garner back patting from people who agree with you and troll people who don't. There's a word for that... Oh yeah! Propaganda!

Or maybe you just aren't bothering to look. Though I kind of take it as a compliment that you can't find any videos of Hillary supporters taking a Trump supporters' comments out of context to push an unrelated agenda (even though I don't believe your claim that those videos don't exist).
edit on 10-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join