It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood Hypocrite Will Smith Calls for a Cleanse of Trump and His Supporters

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think we might all be a little skittish with the word 'cleansing'. I think it was just a poor choice of words.

But I agree, the last place we need a racist or neo fascist is in the Oval office.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: redhorse
a reply to: TheBulk

Outrageous and provocative use of language, but I also think it was heartfelt; which says I need to know about the man. I was a fan, not anymore.

Please explain why it is outrageous? Honestly I don't get the outrage.

Smith then voiced his disappointment in the Republican nominee for
president, Donald Trump, and his loyal followers. The GOP candidate has
repeatedly said he would ban Muslim immigration to the United States.
“As painful as it is to hear Donald Trump talk and as embarrassing as it is as an
American to hear him talk, I think it’s good,” the 47-year-old said. “We get to
know who people are and now we get to cleanse it out of our country.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...[/quot e]

He never even said he'd ban muslims... He wants to block entry of people from terror regions. Their religion doesn't matter. Will is hating on a man for something he didn't even say.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Absolutely folks when you vote they’ll know that you voted for Trump and were you live so when the Fema trucks come around they'll know were to go and pick them up.

And btw while their at it they should pick up the followers of ISIS

Great idea for another Smith dystopian movie epic

We could call it The Cleansings from Outer Space

edit on 10-8-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So someone else in the media who dislikes freedom, free speech, free expression.

Big surprise.

Wonder who he supports?

Hopefully not a white person after that whole Grammy debacle...

People judge by gossip. Do you get judged by what your wife/husband does?

Next time a heads-up would be good! No one was more surprised by Jada Pinkett Smith’s call to boycott the 2016 Oscars than her husband, Will Smith.

PHOTOS: Stars Who Have Never Won an Oscar
“I was out of the country at the time, and I came home [and said], ‘What happened?’” the Concussion star, 47, revealed on Good Morning America Thursday, January 21. “She’s deeply passionate, and when she’s moved, she has to go.

www.usmagazine.com...

If it is true as many including white say and the system is unfair toward everyone but whites should they not care?

Should we go back to when they painted white people to play blacks because no one wanted to hire actual black people same with Native America indians?

I probably do get judged by what she does. However, Smith was in on the boycott.

www.usatoday.com...

From January 21, 2016:

Following Jada Pinkett Smith's call for a boycott of the Academy Awards over diversity concerns, her husband announced he's following her lead.

Will Smith told Robin Roberts that he's skipping next month's Oscars ceremony in an interview on Good Morning America, claiming the awards are "not reflecting that beauty" of Hollywood as a whole.

"It would be awkward for me to show up with Charlize," Smith joked. "[Jada and I] have discussed it, and we're part of this community but at this current time, we're uncomfortable to stand there and say that this is okay."

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

That is true, I cannot refute that. I regularly bash my ex husband for continuing to exist on the planet, even though I know he unfortunately has a right to do so. And I happen to know that he bashes me the same way...so it would be kind of silly...and hypocritical...for me to then hold his bashing of me up as an example when I am guilty of the same thing, wouldn't it? That's what I was trying to convey.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: redhorse

Outrageous and provocative use of language, but I also think it was heartfelt; which says I need to know about the man. I was a fan, not anymore.

Please explain why it is outrageous? Honestly I don't get the outrage.

Smith then voiced his disappointment in the Republican nominee for
president, Donald Trump, and his loyal followers. The GOP candidate has
repeatedly said he would ban Muslim immigration to the United States.
“As painful as it is to hear Donald Trump talk and as embarrassing as it is as an
American to hear him talk, I think it’s good,” the 47-year-old said. “We get to
know who people are and now we get to cleanse it out of our country.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...[/quot e]

He never even said he'd ban muslims... He wants to block entry of people from terror regions. Their religion doesn't matter. Will is hating on a man for something he didn't even say.

He isn't ashamed of it.

The sweeping proposal for what Trump called a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States,” has drawn condemnation from Muslim groups, civil rights advocates, Democrats and Trump’s rivals for the GOP nomination. But in typical Trump fashion, the tough-talking tycoon is not walking back anything.

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 10-8-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That is a very interesting question. I have a hard time seeing how voicing a personal opinion about something could be in any way construed as a wish to deny anyone freedom of any kind. It is simply an opinion, and has no power over anyone or anything, right? It's kind of like the thread where Trump himself made an open ended statement regarding the second amendment supporters, and suddenly it was twisted around to fit the perspective that he was making a thinly veiled call to arms for the assassination of his political opponent. Couldn't that be described as him wishing not only for her freedom to affect the operations of this nation to be eliminated, but her right to live out a normal lifespan as well?

Certainly the answer is yes, if he really was suggesting that she should be assassinated. Was that actually what he meant? I don't believe it was, but a whole lot of other people do. And this is coming from a potential world leader with a whole lot of real influence, not a disgruntled movie star venting on social media, etc.

If I actually believed that Trump meant that, no, I absolutely would not support such a thing. And if Will Smith had suggested that he wished for Trump to no longer have the same freedom that is the right of all Americans, I would not support that either. But he didn't say that. He simply voiced an opinion, same as Trump did, same as you and I and everyone else are doing right now. I may or may not agree with that opinion, but I will always support the right of every American citizen to voice it if they choose to do so.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I think you're right about that. People seem very quick to jump to the most negative conclusions about certain words and phrases. It is a testament to the level of paranoia that this election and other overwhelming issues have engendered in people. This seems to be true overall...not just in relation to political discussions.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The Hollywood drama was enough for me.

I have no tolerance for people who stomp their feet over imagined issues.

Everyone I know refused to see Suicide Squad because of the Hollywood bull, however, I always loved his movies, and own a few of his and Jadas.

I will never spend another dime on any movie either of them star in. The movies I own are going in the trash as well.

Actors need to stay in Hollywood; unless your running for office I don't need your opinions!

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Cleanse is an obvious dog whistle for ethnic cleansing and genocide against white people.

Disgusting.

And Smith obviously does not care about slavery since it is still widely practiced throughout the islamic world, particularly in UAE where 90% of the population are considered servants unworthy of citizenship, many of whom have had their passports taken away so they can not return home.
edit on 10-8-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

I will never spend another dime on any movie either of them star in. The movies I own are going in the trash as well.

You actually screen all actors before watching or owning their moves...whew what a job!

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Cleanse is an obvious dog whistle for ethnic cleansing and genocide against white people.

I read what he said. Now days I guess you have to make your own stuff up and forget what was said.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I will go out on a limb and say I love Will Smith, Fresh Prince and variety of other roles he has performed; but to go out and say cleansing makes us no ( as African Americans/Blacks ) better than Nazi's of the past era. It saddens me to see how far back we seem to be going, it seems as if we took a few baby steps forward and now during Obama's presidency as well as this election cycle we are taking some massive leaps back.

Honestly it feels as if someone is just drumming up this "race war" but what is the end goal of it all.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

You actually screen all actors before watching or owning their moves...whew what a job!

I won't watch Ben Afflec, Matt Damon, Will Smith, etc movies because of their political stance... I don't screen the actors, but if I see them in the news, I'll turn away. Nothing wrong with any of that. Unfortunately I'm a Jason Bourne fan so I will be sucking it up and watching that one when it comes out.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Never felt the need to until crybaby and his wife started stomping their entitled feet

Besides, I am very busy watching my new favs Diamond and Silk (love those girls).
edit on 10-8-2016 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I used to like Will Smith before i found out he was one of them, by them i mean psychotologist. How can he recommend anything....

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You know whats painful to watch, Will Smith no talent son in a movie.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I didn't take his statement to mean like "ethnic cleansing" or anything like that. I took it to mean, we'll clean em out with our votes or something of that nature. But regardless, that comes down to perception. You could take Trumps statement to mean voting or shooting hillary...it's all perception.

The bigger issue that I see on this thread...who decided that rich, entitled, Ivy league snobs are smarter or better leaders and speakers than actors? Most people in congress are Lawyers or have some law degrees...last I checked, most people trust lawyers about as much as they trust ISIS. LOL

Are you really saying that Mitch McConnel or Harry Reid or John Boehner or Nancy Pelosi are more qualified to offer opinions than Will Smith, Matt Damon, Clint Eastwood or any other actor? That's the lie that we've been told and are being fed by the media.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhisperingEarth
I will go out on a limb and say I love Will Smith, Fresh Prince and variety of other roles he has performed; but to go out and say cleansing makes us no ( as African Americans/Blacks ) better than Nazi's of the past era. It saddens me to see how far back we seem to be going, it seems as if we took a few baby steps forward and now during Obama's presidency as well as this election cycle we are taking some massive leaps back.

Honestly it feels as if someone is just drumming up this "race war" but what is the end goal of it all.

I'm sorry but again I think you have not read the thread? Mr Smith apparently said we need to cleans the type of thinking that Trump was spouting about not letting any muslims into our country, I think he said pretty much the same about mexicans at one point that I watched.

What does this have to do with Nazi behavior?

I love Will Smith

I doubt you know the man? Maybe you mean you like some of the shows and movies he does or his acting abilities.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I am totally blown away at how the color of skin effects many people. it always reminds me of the old Star trek show with the hate between people white on one side and black on the other each having one opposite side b/w so they hated each other. Such stupidity exists.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

I used to like Will Smith before i found out he was one of them, by them i mean psychotologist. How can he recommend anything....

He's not.
Research don't look at the Enquirer.
edit on 10-8-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join