It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood Hypocrite Will Smith Calls for a Cleanse of Trump and His Supporters

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
You know whats painful to watch, Will Smith no talent son in a movie.

I actually feel the opposite, I think he was really good and we loved the movie.

Not that any of their acting has anything to do with the subject.
edit on 10-8-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I didn't take his statement to mean like "ethnic cleansing" or anything like that. I took it to mean, we'll clean em out with our votes or something of that nature.

He is talking about Trump's words against Muslim immigrants. The OP article is deliberately misleading and I would assume that was done because of race hate.

(CNN)Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump called Monday for barring all Muslims from entering the United States.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Wait...which group of fellow American people did he specifically state needed to be cleansed? I must have missed a link somewhere. What I read was his alleged statement that "it" needs to be cleansed from our country. Not "they" or "them". Not "Trump supporters". Not "fellow citizens". He said "it".

The only person who has any authority on what he actually meant is Will Smith himself. Anything else is purely speculative fiction . Putting words in his mouth that he did not say, and attributing a viewpoint to him that he did not in fact claim to have. Taking his remarks in the context of everything else he said sounds more like he was referring to cleansing our country of bigotry and hatred by not voting someone into a position of power who would perpetuate it.

It's quite amusing to see some of these comments, actually. People outraged over the audacity of him voicing an opinion, implying that he is not important enough to even have an opinion in the first place. Other people behaving as if he is personally going to lead some massive army to "purge" America of anyone whose opinion he does not agree with...and is stupid enough to announce it publicly in advance.

Like it or not, "free expression" most certainly does include that. He didn't "call for the cleansing of any particular group" in the first place but if he had, unless he made a clear threat of bodily harm against specific people, he would have been well within his right as an American citizen to do so. Unless you're saying that in addition to having information supporting the claim that he's calling for a purge of other Americans, you also have information that shows a change in the language of the Constitution...then your assertion that he does not have the right would be perfectly valid.

I could walk right up to you and publicly announce straight to your face that I think you're a horrible person and that you and everyone like you should be exterminated from the planet. I could even turn to other people and tell them that I believe they should join my cause. It is still only my opinion that is being expressed, albeit in a rude and disruptive way...nothing more.

Unless I presented a clear and imminent threat to your continued safety, I would simply be executing my right to not only have my own opinion, but to voice it as well. And your choices would be to either ignore it or react to it. This is no different...except for the fact that Will Smith did not actually say anything about a specific group, despite assertions that he did.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Explained in the way of behavior is understandable, in the way of cleansing people it is exactly what would be the thinking of them. Perhaps I did jump the gun I did not read all the replies, but from the onset everything was pointing toward people not ideologies.

Also please if you are going to take a quote and not do the whole thing then yes I can say I don't know the man which is why I said at least one of the shows he was in. Another would be Suicide Squad, Bad Boys (1 and 2 ), Independence Day just to name a few more.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Yea why isn't there a large scale outcry for wanting to "cleanse". Thats they way folks used to talk about things when oppression is present. But Will gets a pass. Besides "cleansing" is really in the PC, Progressive playbook. Along with late night bus rides, book burnings, good old fashioned roundups and shut downs!

Oh and not to mention IRS investigations.

edit on 10-8-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I saw this yesterday.
I used to like Will Smith (his movies anyway), but now he is blackballed on my TV.

I don't know why these hollywood people think that their opinion means more than the opinion of others? They are certainly entitled to their opinion, but why make it public?

I saw that he was getting hammered by negative comments on his FB yesterday. He brought this on himself so he will have to live with the consequences - loss of fans.

hmm...Hollywood people?....you mean like Clint Eastwood talking to an empty chair during the 2012 RNC convention?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

You seem to be making precisely the same point that I was making in the post you quoted, in response to another poster who complained about the opinion being voiced amounting to public bashing. Is there an additional point you are trying to make? If so, can you please elaborate? Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Yea why isn't there a large scale outcry for wanting to "cleanse". Thats they way folks used to talk about things when oppression is present. But Will gets a pass. Besides "cleansing" is really in the PC, Progressive playbook. Along with late night bus rides, book burnings, good old fashioned roundups and shut downs!

Oh and not to mention IRS investigations.

IMO the best way to interpret his words are "We the people can cleanse our country of bigotry against Muslims." (while speaking in a muslim country)

I am very good at reading comprehension always was 100% and top score on that subject.

I guess we can read what we want though, anyone can make what they will of anyone's words.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Well its about time some blacks get their minds cleaned up about many things. Their attitudes towards white folk would be a good place to start.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I like Will Smith as an actor, he's awesome and entertaining and very funny, Bad Boys, Independence day, I am Legend, etc etc.

I consider his comments to be his right and you would be hard pressed finding anyone who has not expressed (or thought) about some pretty extreme stuff pertaining to US political candidates and their associated supporters.

A Hollyweird actors political slant is actually quite irrelevant except when Oprah and Ellen want everyone to keep hearing Hollyweird opinions.

We all know the Hollyweird narrative, it is not even worth predicting anymore, it's just standard operating procedure.

Liberal candidate good, non-liberal candidate dangerous for America - rinse and repeat.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Po Boy from Philly Makes it Big , then gets Bored and tries his Hand at Political Celebrity Discourse . Yawn...... .

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

crow eating? you should try, its not bad.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Jamie Fox, a closeted racist...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
a reply to: Konduit

Jamie Fox, a closeted racist...

Its why he Played Malcom X

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

www.ebony.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Imagine if a famous white actor made the exact same statements about Hillary and her supporters.

The outrage from MSM would be deafening.

I will never watch another movie or show involving Mr. Smith and his disgusting family.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
"Cleansing"
Wasn't that word used in Bosnia by Milosovik? Now Will Smith is talking about cleansing.

Somebody take me to my "Safe Space" or else I will melt.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

As this quote is CLEARLY being taken out of context and sensationalized by Newsbusters, this thread should probably be in the Mud Pit.

Given all this, it's more than absurd the media is in outrage mode over selectively edited Trump comments about 2nd amendment supporters.

It's funny how hypocritical you sound about the media sensationalizing Trumps words while you create a thread that is promoting the sensationalizing of someone else's words. I guess it's a case of "do as I say and not as I do."

What's not funny is how people fall into the media's narrative to believe that Trump wants Hillary assassinated, while simultaneously ignoring the term 'cleanse'. Which words are associated with final solutions?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Will smith has been rich and famous too long and it's rotted his mind.

His proof that islam isn't a danger is that people aren't attacking and hating him. Yeah, he's rich famous and surrounded by security (both his own and the hosting state's) what does he think is going to happen? Maybe he should go wander the streets of extremist strongholds without anyone but his son? Probably wouldn't do that.

It's like the wealthy liberals who paint such a pretty picture of the country because they never venture outside of their tightly controlled and secured communities, events, and methods of transportation. These people are so insulated against reality that they truly do not exist in it.

Religious extremism is a very real issue. Islam isn't the inventor of religious extremism, but they currently are the group practicing it the most. To deny this is incredibly foolish. To launch wars in the middle east to fight this is also incredibly foolish. If the US government wouldn't abuse these populations they wouldn't be so extreme.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

As Joseph Goebbels stated, "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." I add the weak minded are the first to believe it. Those who are stronger of will, perpetuate the lie to achieve the ends they seek.

The modern school of liberalism is the old Consequentialism where they believe the end goal justifies any means to achieve that goal. We all notice the lies told but have you noticed the liberal argument is generally a loud response to try to out voice (not out reason) those who oppose their views? The more outlandish the lies are, the more they seem to propound it and applaud it, even though they know it is wrong. But wrong is ok to achieve the goal.

That is what is dividing our country. The intolerance of opposing views by loud voices, overwhelming force, and violence. If that was under control, perhaps we could recover but I fear we are beyond repair.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join