It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood Hypocrite Will Smith Calls for a Cleanse of Trump and His Supporters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I've heard someone talk about cleansing before.

I think it was Slobodan Milocevich

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Smith has similarly been vocal about issues of race and discrimination in Hollywood.

Being vocal about issues of race and discrimination doesn't make someone a racist. And it certainly doesn't change what Smith said or didn't say.

YOU said his "dislike" was based on skin color. Yet you have nothing to back that up. By the way, disagreement doesn't equate to dislike. He disagrees with Trump supporters, but if he wasn't black, this thread would have no basis to exist because you wouldn't be able to use the race card against a black man.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yet this thread was created for the sole purpose of bashing him for exercising his own right to free speech and expression, despite him having the same freedom to do so as Trump or anyone else in this country. Hmmm...

So you support people who wish to use their freedom to deny others of freedom?

0_o

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

This is the liberal motto. This is the modus operendi of the media! Why isn't this a big story Krazy?

*YAWN* A response making fun of liberals instead of addressing what I said? Predictable.
edit on 10-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Smith said before adding that “[w]e get to know who people are and now we get to cleanse it out of our country.”

What is "IT"?

edit on 10-8-2016 by windword because: bold

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Smith has similarly been vocal about issues of race and discrimination in Hollywood.

Being vocal about issues of race and discrimination doesn't make someone a racist. And it certainly doesn't change what Smith said or didn't say.

YOU said his "dislike" was based on skin color. Yet you have nothing to back that up. By the way, disagreement doesn't equate to dislike. He disagrees with Trump supporters, but if he wasn't black, this thread would have no basis to exist because you wouldn't be able to use the race card against a black man.

His view of Trump supporters are white racists and "islamophobes". And there is no racial discrimination in Hollywood, he just assumes that's the case when white people are more successful than him. Hence, hes a racist.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I'm sorry, which piece do you need me to walk through and explain? I can probably find pictures if it will aid in your comprehension.

Now, why are you lambasting someone exercising their right to free speech? Why do you think when asked a question (although it appears the link itself is suspect) they shouldn't say what they want to say?

If you are referring to my comment about being very ambiguous about someone should be shot................. I kind of know you aren't dim enough to know that would be a comment about Trump leaving the gate swinging about what he meant yesterday.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

His view of Trump supporters are white racists and "islamophobes". And there is no racial discrimination in Hollywood, he just assumes that's the case when white people are more successful than him. Hence, hes a racist.

I'd rather hear HIM speak his views on Trump supporters than you. Everything here is just your opinion.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I don't know why these hollywood people think that their opinion means more than the opinion of others? They are certainly entitled to their opinion, but why make it public?

I saw that he was getting hammered by negative comments on his FB yesterday. He brought this on himself so he will have to live with the consequences - loss of fans.

Big Time Conservative Who Hates Everything Liberal: "That effing Matt Damon needs to shut up and stick to acting."

Same moron: "That Clint Eastwood sure did tell it like it is! Bravo!"

Funny how actors and musicians are only allowed to have an opinion when it aligns with your chosen set of political jargon.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Scott baio for the win.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Why is it actors think they have something important to say?

Their job is to read lines other people have written.
Just because they read lines that may have had relevance doesn't mean they have any relevance at all in their own thoughts.

The fact is, they are usually no longer relevant to us and have to stir the pot to get some recognition while they are waiting in line at Burger King. Nobody is asking for their autograph anymore. I recognize good actors and poor character. I think you did too.

P.S. Singers are not different really. Especially the one's who twitter in caps.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I'd rather hear HIM speak his views on Trump supporters than you. Everything here is just your opinion.

It's right there in the article. Who exactly do you think he's talking about in this article? Who is the "they" who need to learn to "not fear black skin"?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Now, why are you lambasting someone exercising their right to free speech?

I'm "lambasting" what he said, not his frees speech. Perhaps you didn't know, but free speech doesn't protect you from criticism for what you say.

If you are referring to my comment about being very ambiguous about someone should be shot................. I kind of know you aren't dim enough to know that would be a comment about Trump leaving the gate swinging about what he meant yesterday.

It's obvious what he's saying given the entire context and quote of what he said. Maybe not so much if you're going by the selectively edited version. Irony.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Yet this thread was created for the sole purpose of bashing him for exercising his own right to free speech and expression, despite him having the same freedom to do so as Trump or anyone else in this country. Hmmm...

Free expression doesn't include the right to call for "cleansing" of any particular group unless it's ISIS.

This: “[w]e get to know who people are and now we get to cleanse it out of our country" is straight out of the Nazi playbook.

Scary times in America when "role models" are talking about a purge or cleanse of their fellow citizens.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Who is the "they" who need to learn to "not fear black skin"?

That's not in the article!

What a waste of time! The guy has an opinion. The ONLY reason you care about it is because he's black and you can make him out to seem racist. So, you jump on the opportunity.

The "IT" he wants to cleanse out of the country is the anti-Muslim climate. He was in Dubai talking about Islamophobia, NOT race.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So some star has the freedom to cleanse and destroy all people who disagree with him and he is free to say it.

But disagree with him "saying" it, and you should be silenced!

That's what I'm seeing here.

It's funny.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Here you go, in context! What he was referring to.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Smith then voiced his disappointment in the Republican nominee for
president, Donald Trump, and his loyal followers. The GOP candidate has
repeatedly said he would ban Muslim immigration to the United States
“As painful as it is to hear Donald Trump talk and as embarrassing as it is as an
American to hear him talk, I think it’s good,” the 47-year-old said. “We get to
know who people are and now we get to cleanse it out of our country.”

The actor slammed Trump last week for his hateful treatment of women, calling it
“absolute #ing insanity” that the business mogul could get away with his
disgusting comments.
“For a man to be able to publicly refer to a woman as a fat pig, that makes me
teary,” Smith said in an interview with Australian news websitenews.com.au.
We couldn’t agree more.

What he was referring to as to behavior.

Two brothers reportedly attacked a 58-year-old Hispanic homeless man in
Boston, breaking his nose and urinating on him, in mid-August. They
allegedly told police they targeted the man because of his ethnicity and added,
“Donald Trump was right, all these illegals need to be deported.” After the GOP
candidate was told of the attack, instead of denouncing the act Trump said his
followers were “passionate.”

Later the presidential candidate tweeted about the
incident, saying he would “never condone violence.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 10-8-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: atrollstalker
Why is it actors think they have something important to say?

Their job is to read lines other people have written.
Just because they read lines that may have had relevance doesn't mean they have any relevance at all in their own thoughts.

The fact is, they are usually no longer relevant to us and have to stir the pot to get some recognition while they are waiting in line at Burger King. Nobody is asking for their autograph anymore. I recognize good actors and poor character. I think you did too.

P.S. Singers are not different really. Especially the one's who twitter in caps.

The next thing you know some actor or reality star is going to run for President. Nah nobody would vote for them because they are not relevant.

Will Smith is on a global tour promoting a massive hit movie. The rest of the World thinks America has lost it mind in even considering Trump. So you can bet he gets asked non stop about it. Should he keep his opinion to himself? Frankly when Trump has had been condemned by just about everybody and every group. One more actor should not even be worth worrying about considering how bad things are going.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So you support people who wish to use their freedom to deny others of freedom?

0_o

Can you please quote from the source article where someone's rights were infringed?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Can't say I'm surprised, he used to be a halfway decent individual. Sad but back in the day I actually liked Will Smith, now everything I see him in just gets real old real fast.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join