It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Trump advocate Clinton assassination?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm late to this "party," but here's the basics that may or may not have already been mentioned:

- In order for this to be legally considered to be inciting violence, there has to be ZERO other logical meaning that could have been implied by the comment (especially since he did not outright say that gun owners should do [insert action here])

- There is a well known concern by 2nd-Amendment supporters (of which I am one) that if a democrat is elected and gets to nominate the next few SCOTUS Justices, we might as well kiss any non-partisan rulings on 2nd-amendment issues goodbye

So, with those two things in mind, and putting the words that he said into context about talking about the SCOTUS appointments, it stands to reason that he absolutely could have meant that those who support the second amendment should ensure that Clinton doesn't become president.

That said, it takes a very, VERY ideologically driven left-winger to assume that Trump meant that someone should try to harm Hillary--that type of assumption does nothing but continue the ignorant divide in this country. It's a piss-poor, immature tactic that Democrats/Progressives have been using this entire campaign cycle (so have the Repubs, but I'm not discussing them right now) and it's pathetic that these are our two main parties from which the average American thinks that their only choices come.

Wake up, America--the Dems and Repubs only matter because you keep voting this stupidity into office, and then complain that our country is dying. YOU ARE THE CAUSE OF IT!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

And then there are the hundreds that see it and hear it themselves and use their own intelligence to suss out what's being said. Some people don't need the media telling them what to think .

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Ideology has nothing to do with the ability to parse English, even mangled English ... like Donald J. Trump's.

The man said "IF" Clinton get's to choose "THEN" the Second Amendment people should get involved.

It's just what he said.
edit on 10-8-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: sirlancelot

Hillary has no plans to abolish A2. That in itself is Donald inflaming the situation . She is calling for reforms not abolishment. He lies and depends on people not actually looking up his claims.

Sorry be what she has said would basically have the same effect.

She has been quoted as saying the following:

Reverse gun manufacturer immunity; let them get sued. (Nov 2015)
Don't shield gun manufacturers from lawsuits:I vote that way. (Oct 2015)

This alone would drive prices sky high and many companies would cease to exist.

How can the maker of a tool be held responsible for the actions of a individual using the tool?

Makes no sense! It's a back door way to limit guns, period!

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

If it takes that many words to explain his intentions...

We heard him. We're not stupid. He said what he said. No interpretation is necessary.
Although it does see that trumps comments require interpretation on a constant basis.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

What has she said? Just so we're on the same page. What is her stance in regards to guns?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Like I said pages back...this is because he did not take the bait on the Muslim Dad so they had to find one line, make sure it is taken out of context and run with it.

All of you who hate Trump keep saying he says dumb # and has no filter. If that was the case he would have simply said " If Hillary wins kill her..."

He starts the speech with talking about the 2nd Amendment and SCOTUS

We did really well in the primaries if you remember, and I hear we are doing really well now. We have to win. That November 8 day is so important. You know, I bring things up like the judges right? Supreme Court Justices, we have to get – you know, you could have as many as four? I guess it’s a scenario where this president could pick five Supreme Court Justices. And if you pick two that are left, left, left, it’s going to be a disaster for our country.

Your Second Amendment, the National Rifle Association endorsed and they endorsed me early, a long time ago. And they’re great people, Wayne and Chris, they are great people. (APPLAUSE) But if you – if you do something with these – I’ll tell you what, Justices right now, you lost a great one with Scalia. We want to replace with Justices very much like Justice Scalia and that’s going to happen. It is so important. So if for no other reason, I mean it’s such an important – it’s one of the most important elections for a lot of reasons, not just that but for a lot of reasons. But that’s so obviously, because for whatever reason, they say this could be the presidency.

This next four years is where you will pick more Supreme Court Justices than anybody has every had the opportunity to do . Believe me, I’ll make you very proud of those Justices everyday.

Here is a link to the full speech...

time.com...

I am sure you will not read it but he mentions the NRA and Second Amendment MULTIPLE times before the 'threat' occurred.

Hillary wants to abolish — essentially abolish the Second Amendment. By the way, and if she gets to pick… (CROWD BOOING) If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is. I don’t know. But — but I’ll tell you what. That will be a horrible day. If — if Hillary gets to put her judges — right now, we’re tied. You see what’s going on.

Where in the above phrase does he say Kill Hillary Clinton?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Ideology has nothing to do with it' the ability to parse English.

The man said "IF" Clinton get's to choose "THEN" the Second Amendment people should get involved.

It's just what he said.

Exactly this. Trump implied AFTER the vote was over, if she is elected, there would be no stopping her-- Accept maybe the 2nd Amendment people would have ways.

It's ridiculously clear.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Hillary has no plans to abolish A2. That in itself is Donald inflaming the situation . She is calling for reforms not abolishment. He lies and depends on people not actually looking up his claims.

No, we do look up his claims. It's just the media that is heavily invested into a Hillary presidency always takes Donald out of context or just blatantly change what he said. Funny thing is people like you eat it up and then spew the same garbage to us.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
There's no "context" for suggesting that a sitting President be assassinated if you don't like their Supreme Court picks.

This is what Donald Trump did in this speech.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is.

They can vote...why make it violent?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Gryphon66

If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is.

They can vote...why make it violent?

How would a vote stop Mrs. Clinton from choosing Justices? It wouldn't because as DJT says "there's nothing you could do."

Answer, it wouldn't, but a "Second Amendment" solution by the "Second Amdnement" folks could.
edit on 10-8-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

No "they" can't vote for Supreme Court Justices. It's very clear, ridiculously clear, the intent behind Trump's comment.

Hillary wants to abolish — essentially abolish the Second Amendment. By the way, and if she gets to pick… (CROWD BOOING) If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is. I don’t know.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
VOTE IN THIS ELECTION TO STOP HER!!!!

C'mon folks.......I swear to god some of you are so blind to your own convictions you make # up to prove a point!

I know they cannot vote in SCOTUS appointments.

One thing I never do is jump to a conclusion. You will not do it but 'READ" or watch the speech and you will see there was no threat and why he was referring to the second amendment.

Although, a candidate can flat say are but it is really aren't....

www.politifact.com...

context alone sways the argument in the Clinton camp’s favor.

Context and perception...the evils of an election cycle...

edit on 08am31amf0000002016-08-10T11:10:19-05:001119 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
VOTE IN THIS ELECTION TO STOP HER!!!!

C'mon folks.......I swear to god some of you are so blind to your own convictions you make # up to prove a point!

I know they cannot vote in SCOTUS appointments.

One thing I never do is jump to a conclusion. You will not do it but 'READ" or watch the speech and you will see there was no threat and why he was referring to the second amendment.

Although, a candidate can flat say are but it is really aren't....

www.politifact.com...

context alone sways the argument in the Clinton camp’s favor.

Context and perception...the evils of an election cycle...

Trump has called for violence many other times. I don't think it's much of a stretch to think he did it again.

mashable.com...

The question is....

How do some of Trumps more impressionable followers interpret it? And how does the NSA, FBI 3letter orgs. interpret it...??

Is it any wonder the GOP isn't to thrilled with Trump. They don't need that kind of heat brought down on them.
edit on 10-8-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
oops
edit on 10-8-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Destruction of american values in front of us and people still supporting this crazy guy? First he asks Russia to hack into US Citizen's privacy, then calling out on Second amendment folks..

He wants to by pass our fundamental rights as us citizens? And he is so pro-NSA too , and wants watch list for each section of the population.

Just because the other candidate is equally dislikable doesn't mean that people should give up their right as US Citizen.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Calling for violence? Nice link. All of those times was it protesters he was talking about? People who had no business being there. People who beat the hell out of supporters outside the rallies.

The DNC has called and PAID for violence....

as well as shut down free speech.

I see a lot of hate in this video but not from Trump supporters....and if you show up like a tough guy you better be ready to take it like a tough guy....like the whining wanna be thug who was punched by an 70 something old man!!!

edit on 08am31amf0000002016-08-10T11:30:41-05:001141 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I don't think I've ever agreed with anything you said however, you are right about this. All the government giveaways is letting people vote for a living. They are placated, given food, clothing, shelter, medical care and Obama phones to stay consolidated as a united power.

I just spoke to my neighbor. I cannot believe how naïve and ignorant of the facts the average voters are. Yet, they propagate and perpetuate by generation.

I think I am going to have a headache doing it but I am giving you a star.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It's truly unbelievable how ridiculous Hillary lovers are.

Every single anti-Trump thread on ATS, is pretty much what IF made up BS. They are never discussing facts, but are only trying to take Trump's words out of context, in order for them to be able to bash him. It's honestly really pathetic.

I recommend people not to waste their time on nonsense such as this, and let a selected few Hillary lovers to discuss this with themselves, when, they do not want to participate in threads with pure facts against their cult leader.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join