It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump disagrees with every position held by Trump. A video montage of Trump exposing Trump.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I think you missed my point or we're at cross-purposes.

Politicians aren't allowed to change their directions because they'd be accused of 'flip flopping' and that's a major weakness in the eyes of their voters.

I'd expect every thinking human to agree that going back on a bad decision is the right thing to do and yet t's a different matter when politics is the subject.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Politician... big business... the only real difference is the amount of people you lie to..

I am voting third party... but I bet if you go back through the history of Hillary you will find a large number of flip flops based off the current trends that were polled.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I understand that completely. There definitely needs to be a line for flip flopping. But like someone said, the flip flop dilemma only came about once trump announced his running.

This next bit isn't directed at you enlightened:

How many politicians have flip flopped, probably 99%, and look where we are. It's something you can kind of expect, from a politician. But trump isn't a politician, so in my opinion i'd rather give him some slack and a chance before classing him into the same category. He seems to correct himself for the better, no one can say that about hillary.

People aren't looking at this election logically. Most people keep letting their feelings trump reality.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I just watched part of his Q&A on Fox and at least 5 times in 2 minutes the hosts all looked at each other like WTF?

It's pure entertainment folks. Everything he said can and will be picked apart by CNN for the next month.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
If Democrats really think Trump is a liberal wouldn't they be glad he's running and want him in office? Instead of throwing everything and the kitchen sink to try and derail him?

I'm voting Trump because he's not a lifelong politician and he's not owned by banks/special interests. Unlike Hillary and Bernie.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Says the angry Welshman! Lol

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Lol, that quote hits home with me. I leaned left most of my life but the last few years have turned me right. I'm 35 lol.
Quote from my mother: "what happened to you?"
My reply: "I woke up and realised the world is not a nice place"

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: cuckooold

Nice!

I have seen bits and pieces of Trump talking and I am honestly shocked at how well fluoride, neurotoxins, brain dead "entertainment", abhorrent mains stream music, right on down to the deliberate dumbing down of Americans through the education system has worked.

This guy is so clearly working for the elite to divide the masses and guarantee a Hillary presidency that it is not even funny.

The psy-op is real my friends.

Just to be clear I see Clinton supporters in the same light!

This aspect should be hi-lighted. It really should.

Trump has made most of the gains in his life on international trade policy, while Clinton took cash to put those policies in place. They're both on the same train! Even with Trump's timing in regards to this role he's been playing. Everything he touches is meant to divide the base of people and pit them against one-another who would have otherwise overthrown this corporate duopoly much more easily this election cycle without Trump to divide up a base of people with similar underlying desires.

For example, Trumps unwillingness to debate Bernie after Hillary scaped out on the debate before California and then proceeded election fraud in Puerto Rico, California secretary of state Alex Padilla, and with Edison Media Political Polling Canceling Exit Polls before Kentucky. Trump quickly played into the "Russian Conspiracy" rhetoric to distract from the content of the DNC email leaks. Trump EVEN AFTER Bernie being pushed out by establishment power brokers, refuses to do anything but try to divide the republican base, hedging anything but the Hillary Block and continues to do everything to try to scare everyone into Hillary Clinton.

He fires up scapegoating, made as many comments about women as he possibly could in the LEAST STRATEGIC year possible to do so, and came out against Bernie in the most critical moments in viral political scenarios (DNC Leak, California Debate, Russian Conspiracy Theory)
edit on 2016 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Ah ok, I see what you mean. I think it's actually more on the politician's opponents for pointing out the "outrage" of "flip flop" than the voters themselves, who generally don't seem to care about political details.

However, I will add that it's hard to trust that a politician will follow through on his/her policy proposals when he/she is on record both supporting and opposing that very same issue. Both Trump and Clinton have infamous examples of this (Trump in the OP and Hillary in the "Which Hillary?" campaign attacks).

I also think there has to be a distinction between legitimately "learning from our mistakes" and conveniently adopting positions that are popular with targeted demographics. Then again, how can we really tell what's in someone else's heart?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
If Democrats really think Trump is a liberal wouldn't they be glad he's running and want him in office? Instead of throwing everything and the kitchen sink to try and derail him?

I'm voting Trump because he's not a lifelong politician and he's not owned by banks/special interests. Unlike Hillary and Bernie.

Just for the record, most of us don't think he's a liberal. We think he's a liar (among many other things). Besides, even if if he was still a liberal at heart, there are still better or more liberal options. Why pick a counterfeit product when you can get the real deal for the same price/vote? (Even though the leading alternative isn't really liberal, just more liberal than Trump. grumble grumble...)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abinkadoo

I understand that completely. There definitely needs to be a line for flip flopping. But like someone said, the flip flop dilemma only came about once trump announced his running.

John Kerry was relentlessly attacked for his "flip flopping" in the 2004 Presidential race. And Hillary was rightfully facing a barrage of attacks for her "flip flopping" in the "Which Hillary?" campaign. In fact, like a geek I just looked into the term & wikipedia says this:

In the archives of The New York Times, which go back to 1851, the earliest unequivocal mention of "flip-flop" as a change in someone's opinion, is in an October 23, 1890, report of a campaign speech in New York City. John W. Goff, candidate for district attorney, said of one of his opponents: "I would like to hear Mr. Nicoll explain his great flip-flop, for three years ago, you know, as the Republican candidate for District Attorney, he bitterly denounced Tammany as a party run by bosses and in the interest of bossism.... Nicoll, who three years ago was denouncing Tammany, is its candidate to-day."

Flip-flop (politics)

If this is the case, that term and this concept have been a part of American politics for more than 125 years. I guess that would also explain why there's a perceived greater importance to politicians "changing their minds", since this appears to literally be a traditional part of American politics.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think he just channeled Rush Limbaugh and went for it to WIN. He's an entertainer as much as he's a business person.

He may be worried now about how this affects his Brand though. I don't know.

Anyway, that was just an impression I had, that he himself is doing an impression of a right-wing radio personality and taking it to the level of charicature.

???

AB

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This thread belongs in the forum:
"I HATE TRUMP"
right next to the forum:
"HILLARY FOR PRISON:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

It's a funny video, but a lot of these clips are very dated so I can't blame him for having a different position a decade later.

There are also a couple where he doesn't take a firm position but is more suggestive of the scenario.

And yes Hillary flip-flops just as much. So funny as this video may be, hopefully people do their research and realize that while this video makes Trump look bad, it should not sway anyone's preference toward Hillary.

ETA - This is also a far cry from "every position" as is suggested in the title.
edit on 8/9/2016 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
He's "evolving". Isn't that what Pres. Obama said on his position of gay marriage? That's all this is...

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Just when I thought I couldn't become more disillusioned with humans, a neighboring mother and son pair told me cheerfully (and mindlessly) yesterday, 'we're voting for Donald Trump because Hillary is a crook and Bernie was just in it for the money, but in the meanwhile, we're waiting on the Rapture...'

At this rate, I'm disowning people in my social group and neighborhood at such a fast pace, I'm afraid to go outside OR on line.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

To remain ridged in your ways when you live in a very fluid world is difficult for anyone. An intelligent person will form an opinion based on the known facts at the time. Sometimes circumstances change, and sometimes additional facts, or arguments are given. Trump promises to make America Great and Safe again.

When the time comes, I would trust him to choose the best possible path, and not remain on an old one that no longer fits. To make the best possible choices in an ever changing world makes a good leader. Being able to do this in the mist of possible name calling (flip-flopper) makes him a mature individual.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The Trump train of ats is nowhere to be seen.

Watching this left/right division on ATS, has been less then entertaining, and such a headache to say the least.

In the last week we can see how unfit, how full of #, and how dim wit BOTH leading candidates are for American presidential position.

Yet the divided mass of America will vote for their poison once more, justifying how one side is less toxic and has a better chance at making America great again, then the other....

Meanwhile Clintons and Trumps laugh it off and gain everything in wealth and political power from the same masses, behind the curtain.

It's sickening to witness. The same voter demographic will then put on their patriotic mask and pretend they belong to the greatest country on Earth, to their standard anyway.

Then get defensive I said that and throw mud my direction (so don't bother).

Don't vote.

Simple as that.

Americans are great, not politicians who run them, not shady governments and their military that lose $6.5 TRILLION dollars that truely would of made America great again.

Left...right... Divide and conquer. No one ever learns the division within their consciousness is being used against them , unto their next life..

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

"Not voting" doesn't work in America because a candidate will still win the presidency as long as he/she gets the majority of electoral college votes. For example, if only 3 people in each state vote for Hillary, but only 2 vote for Stein, Trump, and Johnson, Hillary will still get all of those state's electoral college votes. It literally won't matter if the other millions of citizens don't vote.

And don't forget, other elected positions are awarded to the candidate that gets the most votes, even if they only get a single vote (compared to no votes for their opponents). Plus, virtually every elected position has additional provisions to determine who will fill that role. As in, governors, mayors, or legislatures may have the power to appoint someone to fill a position if the voters don't.

In fact, that's exactly what happens if no presidential candidate gets an outright majority of electoral college votes. If no candidate gets 270 electoral college votes, then the House of Representatives gets to vote on the President. And only the 3 candidates who received the most electoral college votes are eligible at this stage. How would abstaining from voting help in this situation?

And it's even worse when you realize that the politicians themselves and their entourages will always vote anyway. So even if the entire public took your advice and didn't vote, those candidates would still vote, leaving them to be the deciding votes! If anything, concerned citizens should still vote, even if it's just to nullify a politician or insider's vote.

Oh yeah, and it's stupid not to vote. There are numerous other positions and referendums on those ballots. And since the local & state elections and referendums will have a more direct impact on us than the federal elections, it would be stupid not to have a say in them. Ironically, you're actually advocating for "taxation without representation" since non-voters will still have to follow the laws or suffer the consequences. They just wouldn't be able to choose those laws or choose who makes them because they wouldn't be voting.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Nah, they can't do that. Doing that would be the same as saying god is fake. They will continue to get behind this fascist. It is telling, really. Here we are on a conspiracy site, while so many users get behind the worst candidate. It just goes to show you that supposed awake people are the most prone to manipulation. A vote for Don is a vote for the down fall of America. I don't know what more I can say. Vote for Trump and you are voting for the end of American comfort. A vote for Trump is a vote for reducing America to the likes of England.

But go ahead, vote Trump and allow China to rule the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join