It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump disagrees with every position held by Trump. A video montage of Trump exposing Trump.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Classic. You even gave the "what about hillary" crowd a shout out then they popped right up to bring uo Hillary. Here's how these people think "I'd rather have a thief than a murderer".

Derp. How about neither? There's more than two candidates which is presented very clearly. Walmart Americans don't care though. Americans are mentally weak. We work hard, but my God are there some not so bright ones floating around.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Such a shame at the choices you guys have...you all deserve better.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Whichever way the wind blows for Don The Con. I think his base must want to be manipulated and lied to.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I didn't say there should never be any details as you have implied. What I said was (and I quote): "At this stage we need a vision, we can work out the details that achieve that vision later."

And what did you say in literally the sentence before that? Here's the quote: "I see people get mad that Donald hasn't released specifics about his proposals, but the specifics don't matter at this stage." When are you expecting him to work out the details/specifics of his plan, after the election's over? That's why I called it naive.

Your last paragraph does a great job showing that you have missed the point. You are still operating under the assumption that the vision of each candidate is the same. It is not! If I had two contracts in front of me and one was the embodiment of a vision I agreed with and the other was an embodiment of a vision with which I disagreed I can tell you which one I would be taking the closer look at.

How would you know if you agreed or disagreed with either contract without reading the details in the contract first? LOL If you're not reading the contract before deciding if you agree with it or not, how are you coming to that conclusion? Are you signing something without reading it, judging it by its font size, or just believing the salesman or lawyer who offers you the contract? You're literally saying voters should blindly trust a candidate's rhetoric and leave the details to the politicians after the votes have been cast. Why on Earth would we agree to that?

But really, your contract analogy sucked because no one can know how we will achieve the vision since congress and the courts will have a large say in what goes in the text of the contract. On November 8th you will get to vote for a vision. Sure there may be a few provisions that your candidate says they want to see in that contract, but we're not signing the contract that day, we're signing on to the vision.

Maybe you overlooked it, but I explicitly said "It's the details of their administration's proposals that will make the difference." You're the one who keeps making this about "voting for a vision", not me. I'm not voting for a vision. I like seeing which candidates echo my priorities in their proposals before deciding who I'll vote for. It's called "making an informed decision". I need to see the details of their proposals for that.
edit on 10-8-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Such a shame at the choices you guys have...you all deserve better.

That's just for the presidential election. There are still a lot of other State and local elections with better (and worse) candidates. Plus there are other referendums and initiatives on the ballot, depending on where we are. So it's not all doom and gloom.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
How close to the mona lisa do you need to get to judge what it is?

To see that it's a painting? Not all that close.

In order to see all the details that went into it, and to understand it as the masterpiece it is? You need to study it up close and have an indepth knowledge of art.

The time for nothing more than a vision is either during primary season or even preprimary season. By the end of the primaries you need to have some sort of a plan to carry through on. By the time you're halfway through the general election, as we are now I expect details on what you're going to do, and I expect realistic proposals to get your plans through both friendly and hostile congress's. Not retracting everything you campaigned on and following it up with a new vision.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I know this is hard for you....

But the Clintons are corrupt murderers.

You need to face this... No matter how difficult it might be.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Thanks OP. It's always good to show how much of joke BOTH these candidates are.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Why should we ignore the bad things about Trump because hillary is corrupt? #ElectionLogic

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
you realize that movie is a total load of nonsense right?

regardless, i would rather vote for someone that adjusts his position depending on the situation.

I said things years ago i wouldn't say today, because.. times change.. and its all about adapting to the situation.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
you realize that movie is a total load of nonsense right?

regardless, i would rather vote for someone that adjusts his position depending on the situation.

I said things years ago i wouldn't say today, because.. times change.. and its all about adapting to the situation.

It's all about telling people what they want to hear right? Doesn't matter if he's actually going to do any of the things he's said. This isn't adjusting his position depending on the situation, it's him making it up. You can't adjust your position from interview to interview.

This isn't him picking his favourite colour, we are talking foreign and economical policies here. Wow.

I'm starting to see why Trump has so many supporters, if this conveys some of the thinking of the voters.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

If I had two contracts in front of me and one was the embodiment of a vision I agreed with and the other was an embodiment of a vision with which I disagreed I can tell you which one I would be taking the closer look at.

But all Trump has for his contract is the title. So when you take a closer look at the rest of it is blank what do you do?

Still go ahead blindly knowing that this contract was all about enticing you in but has not details of how they can do the job or what they are going to do?

Or do you go back to the other contract that is at least thought-out, detailed and shows exactly how they can achieve what they are suggesting?

I'm guessing you'd still go blindly right, best to save face.

edit on 11-8-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Your facts have no place in this election, sir.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Donald Trump has said some things during this campaign that I agree with, like, that America and Russia should have friendly relations. There are other things too, the jobs stuff, the repatriation of industry. My problem is that he has given no indication of a serious coherent plan to put his ideas into effect, no indication of understanding how the political process works.

The further we go in the process, the more he resembles just another retreaded Republican tax cutting deregulator, intent on moving every last dime in the country to the one percent.
edit on 11-8-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Its awful. I think 80% of people I know won't bother to vote.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Trump just improvises along the way and then capitalises on the mainstream politics exhaustion.

Is this going to get him in the house? Maybe. He already got something unthinkable a few months ago, the support from a major party, will be very difficult and damaging for the rep party to pull the carpet on him now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join