It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Hanna Becomes First Republican Congressman To Say He’ll Vote For Hillary Clinton

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Richard Hanna Becomes First Republican Congressman To Say He’ll Vote For Hillary Clinton

Look's like GOP members are starting to jump ship. I guess that Donald Trump pepto isn't settling the stomach as much as the GOP would like it to. It looks like Trump's remarks to the Muslim couple the other day was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Retiring Rep. Richard Hanna (R-N.Y.) on Tuesday announced he will vote for Hillary Clinton in November because Donald Trump is “unfit to serve our party and cannot lead this country.”

The three-term congressman, who represents New York’s 22nd Congressional District, is the first Republican member of Congress to announce he will vote for the former secretary of state. He previously said he could never support the GOP nominee, putting him among several conservative and establishment holdouts known as the #NeverTrump movement.

Trump’s repeated Islamophobic attacks on the parents of a slain American war hero who appeared at the Democratic convention last week was the deciding factor.

“In his latest foray of insults, Mr. Trump has attacked the parents of a slain U.S. soldier. Where do we draw the line?” Hanna asked in an article that the news outlet Syracuse.com published Tuesday. “I thought it would have been when he alleged that U.S. Sen. John McCain was not a war hero because he was caught. Or the countless other insults he’s proudly lobbed from behind the Republican presidential podium. For me, it is not enough to simply denounce his comments: He is unfit to serve our party and cannot lead this country.”

Here's his reasoning:

“I trust she can lead. All Republicans may not like the direction, but they can live to win or lose another day with a real candidate,” he wrote. “Our response to the public’s anger and the need to rebuild requires complex solutions, experience, knowledge and balance. Not bumper sticker slogans that pander to our disappointment, fear and hate.”

So I'm guessing this dude is a Rino now? Well whatever you guys want to call him, this he is the first smart Republican I've seen in office. FINALLY someone with the integrity to rebuke Trump's hate and divisiveness but ALSO rescind any support for him. He knows that despite Hillary's flaws, at least the country will continue to run and the GOP can retreat to lick its wounds and return to fight again in 4 years.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Sounds like this guy is one of the reasons the Republican Party is out of touch. The registered republican voters chose trump by a large margin. By doing so they voiced their feelings on how the party was being led. He better see how the wind is blowing before he alienates his voter base.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

People are free to vote for anyone they wish.

Looks like many want establishment, big-government people. Not surprising that establishment big-government politicians want an establishment, big-government candidate.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

So this guy has to vote popular demand and can't vote his conscious?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Don't you think it is troubling that not even Trump's own party wants to support him?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I say hell vote as well.

To hell with it, the alternative is that much worse...

Honestly though, it's as if this was setup from the get-go...

What a narrative.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

True,
It looks like Joe Sixpack is still unwavered in their choice to remain in the Total Destruction Party.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Don't you think it is troubling that not even Trump's own party wants to support him?

Is this guy the entire party?

Jesus Christ! So someone wants to vote for someone else. He's free to do so.

Just for you though, I'll be extreme.

"I think this signals the end times!"

Ahhhhhhh. . . . help meeeeee. . . . .

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Same goes for Democrats.

We have yet to see for whom will Bernie supporters vote for, I highly doubt it's going to be Hillary. If I were you, I would be pretty troubled about that, instead of worrying about this nonsense.

Woops, I meant crooked Hillary.

edit on 246k2016Tuesdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Since Trump's whole deal is to overturn the whole mess and start over, I'd be suspicious if the entrenched interests were supporting him.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Do you know the meaning of "swing states" ? Voters vote their conscious in those states.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

True,
It looks like Joe Sixpack is still unwavered in their choice to remain in the Total Destruction Party.

It's really interesting how there aren't ANY signs that Trump supporters can take that will tell them that he is a bad choice for President. Every week there is something new with him, yet nothing. They keep supporting a sinking ship.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

He can vote for whomever he wishes, but he was elected by the people and will have to answer for his choices.
Choices do have consequences. He should be prepared to live with his.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Don't lower me to your hyperbolic level. At no point did I cry about the "end times". Get over yourself.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Same goes for Democrats.

Does it? Which Democratic politicians are voting for Trump again?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Do you know the meaning of "swing states" ? Voters vote their conscious in those states.

And this means what to what we are talking about?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

NO the "Tea Party" is outing them and its working.
The ones who want "The Man" as it were...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

You're the one who said "Don't you think it is troubling that not even Trump's own party wants to support him?"

One guy.

Who knows. . . . maybe there will be more!

What will you do if a democrat votes for Trump?

Panic?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

He can vote for whomever he wishes, but he was elected by the people and will have to answer for his choices.
Choices do have consequences. He should be prepared to live with his.

I guess you didn't read the article.

Retiring Rep. Richard Hanna (R-N.Y.) on Tuesday announced he will vote for Hillary Clinton in November because Donald Trump is “unfit to serve our party and cannot lead this country.”

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
It's really interesting how there aren't ANY signs that Trump supporters can take that will tell them that he is a bad choice for President.

He is a bad choice. A very bad choice. Just not the worst one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join