It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: SentientCentenarian
• Impartial electoral institutions and the elimination of partisan elected officials.
• Voter Rights Act legislation that protects each citizen’s right to participate unencumbered by excessive obstacles; and ensures that all citizens have equal and easy access to polling locations.
• Elimination of electronic voting machines and other low-security voting protocols.
• Public financing of campaigns.
• Participatory civics included in the national curriculum.
• Third party debate and ballot access.
• Open primaries that allow independents to participate.
• Ending or transforming the Electoral College.
• Restoring voting rights to ex-felons nation-wide.
originally posted by: SentientCentenarian • Impartial electoral institutions and the elimination of partisan elected officials.
What does that even mean? Ban candidates from association with political organizations?
originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: diggindirt
I thought we were talking about federal elections.
Thanks for moving those goal posts for me. I needed practice getting a little more leg into it.
You want to do this at the federal level? No party affiliation?
I think that's the most naive thing I've heard all week.
And it's been a stupid week.
Hillary and Co. don't know what "fair" means... They love playing with stacked decks each and every hand...
Considering the stupidity of the average American, they'll probably just go with the coolest sounding name.
I've finally recognized that there is a degree of willful ignorance that is beyond correction.
As for running without a party for office---just so you know---I've already been there, done that and have the t-shirt.