It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I always judge the intention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Freud once quoted; “The intention that man should be happy is not in the plan of Creation.”

When i judge a character, its always based on the intention of their action.. For me it does not matter the outcome, the ideal or even the attrocity it could have come in contact with.. If someone breaks their own character, it means someone influenced them with a bad intention..

I can tell a story;" A pale man stood in front of a grand jury, charged with murder.. The defendent said it was a robbery which ended with someones life being taken "

A few of the great minds of this planet, would have said without remorse;" The excuse for his bloodlust was the robbery nothing more " Yet there are those who believe in the man, that of a mothers love that sees an innocent child.. These are the men and woman who put our lifes at risk, the murderer just act in the way nature taught him to..They turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to what we really are, and it is nothing more than a monster that tries to co-exist..

When i judge someone i always judge on their intention, their words have little value... Maybe that what makes me look like a monster, cause i can look myself in the mirror and see what i really am..

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Do you believe every thought and intention that has passed through your mind was self motivated?

Freud was certainly very wise, but to know true intention and origins of intentions is a whole other ball game.

edit on 29-7-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

I believe that if you dont grab the bull be the horn, the bull will win

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: OneGoal

I believe that if you dont grab the bull be the horn, the bull will win

Indeeed which brings into mind the idea of actual autonomy and consciousness. Fascinating stuff thanks for the thread!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
People can say their intentions are X or Y, but we have no way of really knowing what those intentions are.

This is why I judge people on their actions (or try to, anyway).

I don't care what you say. I care what you do. Yes, this implies a certain moral responsibility for your own actions, which I know many people nowadays abhor.

Words can be twisted into lies. Actions speak for themselves.

ETA: Why do I get the impression this is a thinly veiled Hillary justification thread?
edit on 7/29/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Freud once quoted; “The intention that man should be happy is not in the plan of Creation.”

Good quote.

The department of entropy. No matter how much you accomplish, no matter how much money and stuff you amass, you can't take any of it with you. No matter how hard you resist, the bodies systems are going to break down and you will pass away. No one gets out of here alive.

So happiness if it comes, comes in knowing how well you behaved towards others. What you did for others.

What you do for soemebody else today?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I am motivated purely by self interest.

Sometimes this can manifest as positive for others because I 'feel good' when I do something to help someone else, but I am doing it for me not them.

Thomas Hobbes was right.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions..."

new topics

top topics

join