It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think happens when you die?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hmm, well, no one can die and come back; once you are dead, you are dead. Yes, your heart can stop and all that, but you yourself are still alive, and they try to revive you before too many of your cells die off. They have a little time to do that. But brain damage starts with 20 seconds lack of oxygen to the brain, and the heart cells also start dying off, so after a certain time period, if they can't restart your heart, you are a total goner. But if they can restart your heart, then you never died in the first place, your heart just stopped. But you remained alive, and they got your heart going again.

Once you die, you're dead. Whether or not you have a spirit or whatnot that leaves your body no one knows, because only the truly dead find this out, and once your body is truly dead, you can't come back.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The things in you have always existed since the beginning and they will exist till eternity, but this particular arrangement will only last for sometime. I will breakaway after death, buta part of you will live forever.

[edit on 19-1-2005 by varon]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AL77ZZZ
If anyone has every died and come back to life, please share your experience with me on the thread or u2u me.

thanks,

al

When I died, I was an athiest and I expected to "cease to exist," but I continued living. I really don't want to tell the whole story here... I've told it so many times (elsewhere).

Anyways, I was going to hell (not the lake of fire), but the Lord spared me and allowed me to return. I now believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the only way to avoid hell -- and go to heaven. He is the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings and he will someday return to this earth in power and in glory and He will rule.

d1k

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I think our soul leaves this shell we call a body and goes to another dimension, the place we call heaven or hell. With all this M theory talk about other dimensions I think IMO that's the most logical explanation of what heaven and hell is and our souls are able to travel to them, or brought to them I should say.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Intellectually I agree with Banshee.
At death we cease to exist as a conscious or unconscious system.

And no amount of begging to Gods, spirits, Religions change that.
Conversely devoting yourself to some religion or dogma denies the most unique aspects of you.

We are all going to die and go to oblivion, so make the most of it. Try to be rational & sensible, but don't forget to have some fun. If you are able to advance the human condition by discovering new knowlege or creating useful inventions or want to work to protect our living home or improve the species, more power to you.

Emotionally in my heart I know i will never accept oblivion until it happens. Its wishful thinking, but we all secretly want to believe we are immortal. Facts indicate otherwise.

All of our constituent parts are released back to the Universe.
I believe consciousness is a special dynamic state that exists in our biological systems. Each consciousness is Unique to us. Like notes of a chaotic symphony no two are exactly alike. I think lesser states of consciousness exist in other species of this planet.

Sometimes I wish there was more to it. But i have to make peace with the facts and get on with my life.
Oddly on the other hand it is also very freeing. There is no one to tell you no about anything.

You are free to do anything you are able to.
Shalom

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I agree with Banshee, when you die you die, I've almost died from drowning twice throughout my life, and I didnt see any lights or my life flashing before my eyes, all I saw was what was right in front of me.

Im inclined to think "almost" dying is not the same as dying. I don't think your experience is enough to determine it just ends at death.

Sorry you went through that twice =(

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
nobody truly knows what happens when u die but i think u turn to pure energy and go into another plane of existence

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
We were nothing before Birth, We will be nothing after death. Enjoy your time on Earth we are all equal in Death Rich and Poor.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AL77ZZZ
elevatedone,

I'm not looking for the religous explaination but the scientific one. but thanks for the thread

al

Al check this thread out, there is some death related neurochemistry there you may find of interest...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
I had a fatal reaction to the anesthetic they'd given me. My heart stopped, no blood pressure, no pulse, the whole 9 yards.
I'm here to talk about it because they brought me back....got my heart going again and revived me.
The only lasting effects are the necessity to carry allergy information with me everywhere I go and not much fear of dying anymore.

The only way I can describe it is as a ceasing to be anymore. It wasn't like sleep, it wasn't like fainting ... it was just gone-ness.

Youve really sparked my (morbid?) intrest, can you please elaborate on "gone-ness" if you can, and the experience of the "passing" moment itself, since you say not like fainting, i cant think of any alternative?

Also, not to be clever, but if you were "gone" how could you actually "experience" the gone-ness"

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Perhaps what happens at the moment of death is culmination of all you believe/learned. If you went through life believing when you die there is nothing. What do you think that persons last conscience thought would be upon the realization of death? "I'm dying...it's over" (or something of the equivelent)

Now if you believe there is something more after death, perhaps that persons last thought would be something like "I'm dying... here we go... this is the moment I will understand/transcend" (you get the idea)

Now lets figure that our brains are very powerful - so powerful that we cant comprehend its ability. So in that moment upon the realzation of death and "pure emotion" our brains kick into a "higher gear", if you will, and manifest our beliefs in that one moment. For example, if you believe you will see a white light - then you will... if you believe ones life flashesd before you die- then it will. Again you get the idea.

Just an idea.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The answer to this is simple, what was it like before you were born?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
The answer to this is simple, what was it like before you were born?

Good question! Maybe a previous life or sommat. I'd like to believe in reincarnation, our body is a shell for our spirit, it's like a car when it's warn out and claps out, you get another one to replace it and a you get a new life. I liked to believe you get reincarnated loads of times until your spirit is fullly trained to enter the spiritual world and then you train to become a god. It might be a mad theory but I think all our theories are probably wrong and no one really knows what happens when we die. If you want to look at it at a scientific point of view then reincarnation is one of the best answers because hypnotists have hypnotised people and gone back into their past life experiences, dunno how true it all is but it's worth googling up and trying out your self if your interested in that sort of thing.

cheers

cb.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Repeat this several times over and the truth shall be revealed:

I AM

Note: individual results may vary.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
twitchy,
thanks for the thread some pretty cool stuff in there.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The ultimate in optimism is believeing there is no life after death. I'm an optimist, but not that much of one.

Free will was not a gift to the mud and blood you call your body, it was a gift to you. You had it before you came here, you chose to come here. You have free will right now and you shall continue to have it when you pass from this earth.

The question isn't whats going to happen to you, the question is what are you going to decide to do?

I'm going to take a short break to do some cosmic bungee jumping (plunging thru differant realities than coming back, It freaks lesser souls completely out) and then i'm coming right back. I like it here. This world is full of good people and every last one of them are worth fighting for, plus the food is good and the sex is fantastic.

Your future, be it in life or death, is not something you hope, it's something you decide.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This is what I had experienced once:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It may help.
Tuataras Third Eye

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
There is one thing are we "nature" or are we running "scientific" like ETs have created a hightech machine that actually running the death reaborn system. who knows where it ends if it ever ends. Do you believe in ends?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Put another scratch up on the wall for "nothing happens after you die."

The closest I have come to explaining this for myself is to understand what it is like to "sense." When I focus on any particular sense, I can percieve my environment and "feel" reality. When I die, I won't be able to do that. I'll just stop sensing and reacting. " Nothing" is difficult to imagine and is a very scary thought. I sometimes wish that I could believe in other, more comfortable explanations......thems the breaks though.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
When you die, a big black screen comes up that says "Game Over, you Lose" and a Waaahhh waaahh wwaahhhh sound happens.

Seriously though, I don't know what happens after the drape drops after the final scene. But I know one thing, I'm not going to spend this whole life worrying about what happens afterwards. For all I know, it could be gone-ness and well, the best thing about that is you don't realize it. Everyone thinks not-existing is a bad thing, how can something be bad when ya don't know it's happening? Ya can't know if ya don't exist!

I think there is something afterwards just simply because of the whole mess we are in now. THe universe being the mess. It started, something hada start existance. And last I heard, nothing can exist in non-existance! But that's the last I heard though.

I'm not saying God, Allah, or whatever. I'm just saying we can't percieve other dimensions and there is a lot of things as a human, you can't understand. Maybe there is a Spiritual Realm, maybe there is heaven and hell.

Maybe you'll live by a loving God or cursed by the same one to an eternity of flame licked behind with a devil poking at ya because you had relations before that wedding ring got slid on? Who knows! I don't, you don't, none of us do. And as humans, we all love to pretend we know the right answer.

I'm here to tell you, your an idget just like the rest of us. Join the crowd! If ya get here fast enough, you''ll make happy hour! If ya miss happy hour, maybe you'll be in heaven, hell, or won't be. But at least you won't know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join