It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think happens when you die?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I am a person who believes in religion and science. I know what people say happens if you believe in god, but since I am very into scientific theory I would like to know what all the scientific people believe happen when you die. I guess I would like a different explaination from what you can read in a religous book. I was wondering if we just sit in the earth or do our souls live on. You hear all this talk about ghosts and evp, so how can we explain what happens when you die or even who chooses what we do. I mean not everyone turns into a ghost right? Please help me better understand this scientific approach to dying.

thanks,

AL

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Respectfully....I think you'd find a lot on this if you try the search funtion...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
sleep..... and lots of it....

sometimes, I can't wait....

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
here's a linke... hope it helps...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It all just ends

BTW: ghost are low freguency sound vibrations that will make your eyeballs vibrate and therefore you'll see strange figures.. not ghosts

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
elevatedone,

I'm not looking for the religous explaination but the scientific one. but thanks for the thread

al

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If anyone has every died and come back to life, please share your experience with me on the thread or u2u me.

thanks,

al

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I hope that when we die, we in a sense wake up. I hope it is like, "Oh yeah, I remeber all of this" and it all makes sense. It's as if the brain acts like a veil and once we die that cover is lifted and all makes perfect sense. Of course, if it is just the "deep sleep" that many claim then, hey, we will be unaware. Plus, sleeping is my favorite pass time so I guess it wouldn't be that bad

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So, you're actually looking for people to respond who have had near death experiences (NDE)? You might try searching for and/or starting your own thread on that topic if you don't find what you're looking for.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The most important thing to realize about dying is that you don't "leave" and go "somewhere else" when you die because in one sense you aren't "here" in the first place: Your mind or spirit isn't in the physical world to begin with. You have a body that your mind and spirit drive around like a person drives his car, but the body is no more the same thing as the mind or spirit than the car is the same thing as its driver. The mind can look out at this body's world, through the body's senses, but the mind is never a part of that world. The mind and spirit lives in the spiritual world from the first moment of their existence. All that changes at death is that you become directly aware of the spiritual realm, while ceasing to be aware of this one.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy
The most important thing to realize about dying is that you don't "leave" and go "somewhere else" when you die because in one sense you aren't "here" in the first place: Your mind or spirit isn't in the physical world to begin with. You have a body that your mind and spirit drive around like a person drives his car, but the body is no more the same thing as the mind or spirit than the car is the same thing as its driver. The mind can look out at this body's world, through the body's senses, but the mind is never a part of that world. The mind and spirit lives in the spiritual world from the first moment of their existence. All that changes at death is that you become directly aware of the spiritual realm, while ceasing to be aware of this one.

At last, perhaps something we can agree on ...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Centurion....I love you man!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AL77ZZZ
If anyone has every died and come back to life, please share your experience with me on the thread or u2u me.

Just a simple ceasing to exist is all that happens.
One minute you're there, talking to the doctor, the next .....
nothingness.

Sorry to disappoint, but that's my firsthand experience on the matter.
No lights, no dead relatives waiting..... just nothing.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy
Centurion....I love you man!

Have it your way, then, "man".

P.S. I know this is off topic but I heard recently that the Yankees let the Red Sox win one once just so they wouldn't have to listen to that curse crap any more. Maybe I should post this as a new "conspiracy theory" thread

[edit on 1/19/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AL77ZZZ

AL

AL77ZZZ , Sorry to let you in on the secret but Science is made up by people over thousands of years with books. Making theories for stupid stuff .... .Such as the earth is round. =-) ... Or Gravity ... And people think that they are amazing for it. Some people think on that level and some think on a level that is way beyond. What is gravity ... That is like me saying ... behold my people the sun will set and will rise every day .. And there will be this many hours before it goes down . .. Why isn't someone doing something other than science. Science is the Study of all of the BS that we have learned over the years. ...

Psycology we are not even going to go there. But at least they admit not to know everything yet. But wait a couple of years they will think they have it figured out, as well.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
"Sorry to disappoint, but that's my firsthand experience on the matter.
No lights, no dead relatives waiting..... just nothing."

Banshee....this is your firsthand experience? How does that makes sense if you are here to talk about it?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Banshee,
thats it! so you died at the doctors office and everything just went black.
how do you know that you died? Well, if thats it and you felt or saw nothing else, not what i expected to here, but thanks for the info

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
bet555,
I agree people made up science but people also made up religion. that is why I seek info from the other source. you always see all these movie and TV shows about dying and what it would be like. So that is way I was wonder if anyone had the experience of dying and coming back

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I agree with Banshee, when you die you die, I've almost died from drowning twice throughout my life, and I didnt see any lights or my life flashing before my eyes, all I saw was what was right in front of me.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I had a fatal reaction to the anesthetic they'd given me. My heart stopped, no blood pressure, no pulse, the whole 9 yards.
I'm here to talk about it because they brought me back....got my heart going again and revived me.
The only lasting effects are the necessity to carry allergy information with me everywhere I go and not much fear of dying anymore.

The only way I can describe it is as a ceasing to be anymore. It wasn't like sleep, it wasn't like fainting ... it was just gone-ness.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join