It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think happens when you die?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
RabidGoose,
I agree with you, but I would like to believe we get a second shot at life. I would hope that they would give us the chance to live life differently. I believe that the hole past life thing might just be another way for us to get another chance to do things right. How many times in your life would you just love to have a do over. I know I would. I would hope some day we get to have that chance.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I can tell you that we don't need these physical bodies to exist because I have been outside my body for a long time (1 1/2 minutes) when I nearly died. I had thoughts, perception, curiosity, and the ability to fly and control time.

When we die all that is left are thoughts. Those last forever. EVen the ones you've had and will have int he future. Being outside the physical body means you are not corrputable. That means you are eternal. That means you live in eternity because you will never change. If your thoughts were dark and evil, your afterlife will be the same.

All of us will perish as a result of living in eternity with our own thoughts. This is hell, across the board. The only thing that saved us is when a guardian angel comes and takes us away from all that.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
My wife 'died' 12 years ago. She clearly remembers going to a factory where there were just two 'workers'. One turned round to her and asked what she was doing there? She should go back as it was not her time yet.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I believe that when we die, the body dies. Our spirit gets reborn either as a new human being or as some animal. Maybe not everybody get reborn. If you don`t get reborn it`s not a matter of "sin", but your mind needs to be able to cope with this new situation. I don`t consider myself religious, but I do believe in afterlife of some sorts.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Historian
My wife 'died' 12 years ago. She clearly remembers going to a factory where there were just two 'workers'. One turned round to her and asked what she was doing there? She should go back as it was not her time yet.

Historian,
When your wife died what kind of factory was it. Was it like going to heaven or just something ordinary. I just wanted to know if she recognized anyone she saw or was there other people there or just her.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well.

A, morbid question star!

Death is just the pit stop, live your life to the full now not later

Why live your life now, because who knows what is next. Still Im planning on having fun like Im doing right now-lol.

Anyway have a great year and beyond people!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Some people say that when you die, you just sleep and you cant breath or anything. I find that hard to beleive. reliogus people say that you go to heaven or hell, which I also dont believe in. This question seems to bother most (especially me), but we fill find out in the future.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
"Originally posted by RabidGoose
When you die, a big black screen comes up that says "Game Over, you Lose" and a Waaahhh waaahh wwaahhhh sound happens."

I had a dream were I got shot and it said "Game Over" and then like i was so worried I started thinking like "What about my family, what about my mom, this cant be it!" and then i just woke up. It was weird, but yet funny

[edit on 21-1-2005 by DraconianDevil1]

[edit on 21-1-2005 by DraconianDevil1]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I just think people in general should stop worrying about death. The funny thing is, and it's so true, I was listen to a comedian. He had a heart attack and was saying he wasn't wanting to die and the male nurse said "Ya, that's funny how it works. Everyone wants to goto Heaven, but no one wants to die to get to Heaven."

That's the funny thing, if I was a strong hearted Christian, I'd wanna die someway, somehow, just go. If I knew for a fact that I would be in a place that was the best place to be, then ya know what, bring it on.

But I'm not, so, don't bring it on. It's not my time to check out. I'll worry death if it means I am re-born and still havta pay taxes and then my eletricity bill goes up again. Then I'll worry.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy
The most important thing to realize about dying is that you don't "leave" and go "somewhere else" when you die because in one sense you aren't "here" in the first place: Your mind or spirit isn't in the physical world to begin with. You have a body that your mind and spirit drive around like a person drives his car, but the body is no more the same thing as the mind or spirit than the car is the same thing as its driver. The mind can look out at this body's world, through the body's senses, but the mind is never a part of that world. The mind and spirit lives in the spiritual world from the first moment of their existence. All that changes at death is that you become directly aware of the spiritual realm, while ceasing to be aware of this one.

Interesting,

the thing is that before you were born you didn't remember anything, and after you die, even if there is an after life you won't remember that either, cause there might be an after life and you don't remember any of your previous lifes do you? nope!

IMHO there is just nothing, religion was made up by people and it's fairy tail but it's an important part of the scociaty(sp?) cause religion gives us hope and drives us, poeple say animals don't have souls, why? how do they know? how can I believe a religion that says an animal doesn't have a soul but we do! why? we were animals too, so that means we don't have souls either it's just out brain.

but to be honest, the worst thing about dying is not the dying itself but the separation from the loved ones and the idea that you will never ever see them! or if you become a ghost and you will see your loved ones and won't be able to talk to them or hug them, that's the worst thing! If I had no one to miss, I wouldn't even worry even a little bit about death.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Because animal's don't drive cars and talk on cell phones. Animals supposdley not as smart as humand and such, reason most people think they have no souls. After all, if animal's did have souls, we wouldn't be as special.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I believe animals have souls but probably not as developed as a human soul. They have souls but at a lower level than us. maybe???

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
My wife actually died and somehow the hospital brought her back. The factory was where she would have felt 'at home' and happy since she worked for a printing company before we were married.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AL77ZZZ
If anyone has every died and come back to life, please share your experience with me on the thread or u2u me.

I dunno if I was actually anywhere close to death, so maybe this is of no use at all ... but I guess the closest I came was after being hit on the head by the gunwale of my ww canoe in messy surf, and finding myself out of the boat and loose in the break . I came to whilst in, or under the water (the surf being neither really one thing nor another) and after being tossed about a bit whilst I got my bearings, I then swam into to shore.

My only thought as it happened was something along the lines of "oops, why did I try that in *this* size of water, my goodness that's a big slab of water, gosh, look how hollow and sucky it's very suddenly got, I can't see me pulling this off, oh well here we go, hmm, if I just try to brace like this, oh bugger ..." although probably much more condensed - maybe even into just a couple of words ;-).

Then nothing, the lights just went out, just like that - until I came to again, which can only have been a few seconds maybe, nothing more than that, and I had enough presence of mind to immediately put my hands up to my head in case my boat came back for another go, so I guess I wasn't very far away. (Just for completeness, by naughty little boat was happily waiting for me on the beach, and I now paddle ww wearing a helmet.)

Maybe it helps.

My own view is that death would be like that - one minute there you are, and the next, you are not there, simple.
I don't believe in any kind of transmigration of the soul type stuff, in fact, I don't actually believe that there is such a thing as a soul. You are born, you live, stuff breaks down, you die, the electrical impulses that skip about in your body stop, it goes dark, you are dead.

Birth and death are the duality here, not life and death.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
ok here's the thing,

when you die that is NOTHING!

people who nearly died and saw all those things weren't dead, the thing is that brain is not dead it goes into hybernation mode, a sleep mode, and all your life you were told there are angels and blah blah blah, it's in your subconcience, and that's what are you going to "dream about" just like for example you think of something the whole day and when you go to sleep you will probably dream of that, in the near death experience brain is still funtioning, if you really want to know what is going you have to kill a person and wait like a day and then revive that person, and see what that person tells you, we already know the answer, what was it like before you were born? do you remember anything? NO, it will be the same, just the person that you revive will remember his life and that's it.

we are just basic physical organisms.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberGhost
ok here's the thing,

when you die that is NOTHING!

people who nearly died and saw all those things weren't dead, the thing is that brain is not dead it goes into hybernation mode, a sleep mode, and all your life you were told there are angels and blah blah blah, it's in your subconcience, and that's what are you going to "dream about" just like for example you think of something the whole day and when you go to sleep you will probably dream of that, in the near death experience brain is still funtioning, if you really want to know what is going you have to kill a person and wait like a day and then revive that person, and see what that person tells you, we already know the answer, what was it like before you were born? do you remember anything? NO, it will be the same, just the person that you revive will remember his life and that's it.

we are just basic physical organisms.

Hmm...the dreaming thing is actually believable. At first , when you said there is "nothing" after death I was about to disagree, but your dreaming theory is actually...well..believable. But I wonder, when you die and like "dream" would you know that your dead. Well, me and everybody else in the world will find out sooner or later

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

After all, if animal's did have souls, we wouldn't be as special.

who can prove they dont, or that we are?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I believe we enter a different dimension or combination of dimensions after our physical body dies. There is no "heaven" or "hell." Immortality is only achieved by leaving a mark on this reality so that you'll be remembered forever.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Religions have been made to give an hope to people who gonna die or want to die ... Most of the suicide are done because they beleive that they will feel better after it ... Unfortunaly they won't ...

All Animal and Human with a brain
die when there brain stop working....
Has i see it ... If you saw something like a big tunnel with light or relative waiting for you... it is your subconcious that is still working ... like when you dream.

Also people who gonna died, normally have a sensation of well being just before they pass away... i beleive that the brain send a message to a gland that made some sort of morphin like stuff that made you feel better...

Religions have been made and written too many years ago, these people did not even know that our planet was round and that the sun was a star like billions of other... they made there knowledge on death base on there knowlegde...

With all the things that we know now ... how can we beleive in something like going to heaven ....

we are all Animal ... and we die like all of them ... if i die .. i would like to be thrown in the forest so that my corpse will be eat by other animals ... or buried without a coffin so i can be like a nutrient for the plant that will grow over me.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I don't know anything but here are my ideas for whatever its worth. I have had seizures before and my brain is said to "misfire" when this happens. These seizures are kinda like, in my opinion, a representation of death. One time I was eating and layed my head down on the table because I felt tired and am gone, then I return to consciousness on the floor. Nothing happened, when I return to consciousness it is as if life never existed between those minutes I am gone. Nothing existed between that time, nothing at all.
I feel that there is no afterlife and that we are just gone without ever realizing it. We existed in atoms and death is the first stage of the breakdown, we decompose and become part of earth.
If there is a hell and heaven, I would choose to not go to either but to just be gone as I am in a seizure. That would be easier than the continuance of the good Vs. evil. Ultimately, I feel religion and the afterlife is a product of mankind. From Zeus, Buddha, New Age, Christianity, Wicca, Islam, Judaism, etcetera. The division bell will forever ring with religion and I hope that when I am gone humanity will forget the rhetoric which divides us. Peace will never come from narrow ideaologies.

Although I do believe this there is a semi-hypocrisy because sometimes I feel like I need forgiveness for not being grateful and for being naive to the things I believe to be troubling and pray. This is because of the cultural beliefs instilled with me in childhood, it is hard to swim against the current.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by Prince_Machiavelli]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join